[PATCH] True Tablet UI (Apps+GUI) w/o DPI Change for Stock & CM10 - Update Oct11 2012

OP barrmulio

21st July 2012, 03:43 AM   |  #91  
Flag GMT-8
Thanks Meter: 474

2,114 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by neilrl79

Maybe you have a different idea of what tablet ui is supposed to be but, to me it is optimized for landscape viewing.

I'm all for optimizing landscape, but I'd still want portrait to be usable.

Sent from my Nexus 7
21st July 2012, 07:08 AM   |  #92  
Thanks Meter: 16

246 posts
Team EOS added the tablet status bar in there most recent update

Sent from my Transformer using xda app-developers app
21st July 2012, 12:12 PM   |  #93  
Flag Maryland
Thanks Meter: 164

664 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ice0901

Team EOS added the tablet status bar in there most recent update

Sent from my Transformer using xda app-developers app

Yeah, they have tablet stausbar but unfortunately it is not tablet ui. Settings menu for example is still single pane and the stock launcher is still portrait only. It's a step in the right direction but, imo, it could be better with FULL tablet ui.
21st July 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #94  
Flag Charleroi, PA
Thanks Meter: 513

2,512 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oasis9389

no clue where you heard it borks the market.. i am running 160 dpi and everything is perfect. 10x better than having a 7 inch galaxy nexus.

It isn't unheard of for Market App incompatibilities to arise after you change the screen DPI.
21st July 2012, 04:13 PM   |  #95  
Recognized Developer
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 911

6,847 posts
Donate to Me
More
How well does the keyboard work with this change? Typically the stock keyboard gets screwy in different modes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium
21st July 2012, 04:25 PM   |  #96  
Thanks Meter: 26

351 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by player911

How well does the keyboard work with this change? Typically the stock keyboard gets screwy in different modes.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

You just took the words right out of my mouth. I was just going to post a question about how this worked with alternate keyboards like SwiftKey and Thumb Keyboard. Specifically since SwiftKey has different versions on the market for phones and tablets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
21st July 2012, 05:16 PM   |  #97  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 354

334 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72

You just took the words right out of my mouth. I was just going to post a question about how this worked with alternate keyboards like SwiftKey and Thumb Keyboard. Specifically since SwiftKey has different versions on the market for phones and tablets.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

tablet ui doesn't change the keyboard...if you're familiar with how it works on the larger tablets it's the same deal...

from personal experience shiftkey phone, on a tablet, isn't great in landscape unless you have ginormously long fingers..i've been too cheap to buy the tablet version at $3.99 because they discount it to $1.99 all the time...
21st July 2012, 06:49 PM   |  #98  
Flag Corpus Christi
Thanks Meter: 368

1,158 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronpoweruser

Their source isnt public(Apache license ) so, there is no way to build with their tree

Huh? It's based on CM and it looks pretty public to me https://github.com/paranoidandroid
21st July 2012, 11:39 PM   |  #99  
Recognized Developer
earth
Thanks Meter: 7,547

1,706 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWBehr

Huh? It's based on CM and it looks pretty public to me https://github.com/paranoidandroid

They have a few public repos but their framework base the repository that gas all the UI changes is not public

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2
21st July 2012, 11:45 PM   |  #100  
Recognized Developer
earth
Thanks Meter: 7,547

1,706 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DroidHam

How is this different from changing the lcd density to 175?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggavolt

Looks good, I like the size of the bottom bar at 213 DPI. Will the "full" tablet UI be possible with this modification? With the different search and app drawer, and no bottom launcher? Like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrmulio

yes this is full tablet ui, including the changes in how apps display (eg settings will be dual pane)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mwalt2

Does it force tablet ui in settings, gmail portrait, etc. or does it just add the combined nav./notification bar? It looks promising. Also, will you be pushing your changes to github so that others can use them? Thanks for your work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutilatory

I'd love to have a hybrid UI where its the current one in portrait and the normal tablet ui in landscape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarokx

Full tablet UI at 213 DPI might be a little cramped in menus/apps. Just a combined status bar would be awesome though.

All this is the combined status bar, this will NOT enable dual pane mode but thats my next project after I get a linero from out

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 2

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
code edit, phablet ui, phonewindowmanager.java, tablet ui
Previous Thread Next Thread