Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,490 Members 50,712 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

2000mah Battery Options for AT&T Galaxy SII

Tip us?

joeybear23
Old
Thanks Meter 441
I just got the 2000 mAh International version today, and after giving up on trying to trim the back just right I just put the original backing on it (didn't have to force it)... looks fine and my case fits over it as well.

Plus I run Task's AOKP ROM, so charging is not an issue either.

Great thread guys, thanks for the info.
SGS4
Rooted MK2

↙ Please click THANKS below if I was at all helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to joeybear23 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

\/icious
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimatchka View Post
That would be an expensive battery I'm sure

Sent from my SGH-I777
i think that is actually what has them held up is that the process to make them is much too expensive.
Samsung Galaxy Note 3

nappent
Old
Thanks Meter 81
I think there is more effort in making other components on the phone more efficient such as the screen, modem, processor, and the OS in general, then there is for the battery.

Not to mention paint-able solar panels are something we will likely see on some specialty phones in the semi-near future to allow your phone to charge while in the sun or direct light. Wireless charging pads may be included as a stock feature. Most likely that will be the next big thing.

Improved battery tech would be an easier fix but if you look up the history of battery tech, there really hasn't been any significant improvements for the last 20 years. Pretty sad, isn't it?

Dimatchka
Old
(Last edited by Dimatchka; 26th June 2012 at 09:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappent View Post
I think there is more effort in making other components on the phone more efficient such as the screen, modem, processor, and the OS in general, then there is for the battery.

Not to mention paint-able solar panels are something we will likely see on some specialty phones in the semi-near future to allow your phone to charge while in the sun or direct light. Wireless charging pads may be included as a stock feature. Most likely that will be the next big thing.

Improved battery tech would be an easier fix but if you look up the history of battery tech, there really hasn't been any significant improvements for the last 20 years. Pretty sad, isn't it?
There is only so much you can do to a galvanic cell only so many elements you can use that will yield a consumer friendly battery.... The battery of the future are capacitors with crazy dielectrics I can guarantee you 100%
But it will be years before something like this hits phones. I know they are currently building a cruise ship powered entirely by capacitors.
Also check out how rail guns work pretty cool stuff. Physics rocks! :thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I777

yurkinator
Old
(Last edited by yurkinator; 20th July 2012 at 02:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Default Nope

I just got the international battery. It didnt fit. I tried shaving some the bottom nubs and various other places. Just doesnt fit. Would not recommend anyone even bother. Seems a crap shoot as to whether you can get one to work.

I ordered this anker 1900mah set from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1900mAh-...dp/B0058SJ5Q4/

Two batteries and a charger for $20 that will fit with original cover.

joeybear23
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurkinator View Post
I just got the international battery. It didnt fit. I tried shaving some the bottom nubs and various other places. Just doesnt fit. Would not recommend anyone even bother. Seems a crap shoot as to whether you can get one to work.

I ordered this anker 1900mah set from Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-1900mAh-...dp/B0058SJ5Q4/

Two batteries and a charger for $20 that will fit with original cover.
Do you have the i777 or the i727, or are you saying the cover won't fit (not the battery)?

Warning - posted with Swype
SGS4
Rooted MK2

yurkinator
Old
Thanks Meter 9
I have the i777. The cover does not fit.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA Premium App

Evewon
Old
Thanks Meter 126
Quote:

I was under the impression that off brand batteries were a NO NO, and only to use Samsung batteries. Isn't the Samsung battery a "smart battery"? Do these work the same as stock, any danger is exploding? If they are good, gonna have to get them too!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

Phone : Samsung Galaxy SIII SGH-I747
Rom : The Devils Reject Edition v7
Kernel : Stock+Insecure with init.d support
------------------------------
Tablet : Asus Slider SL101

yurkinator
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evewon View Post
I was under the impression that off brand batteries were a NO NO, and only to use Samsung batteries. Isn't the Samsung battery a "smart battery"? Do these work the same as stock, any danger is exploding? If they are good, gonna have to get them too!

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium
Anker is a good brand from what the reviews say. The battery does not have NFC so it will not charge with a Samsung based ROM.

The Following User Says Thank You to yurkinator For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

joeybear23
Old
Thanks Meter 441
Quote:

If you have a case on yours, just do what I do: put the 2000 mah battery in and put the original cover back on it. It makes it bulge just a little, but it is not noticeable with a case.
SGS4
Rooted MK2