Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Dropbox video streaming causes letterbox of my letterbox

OP yeahmon

21st July 2012, 09:44 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota, FL
Thanks Meter: 33

254 posts
More
When I stream a video from my Dropbox account, it causes it to letterbox the letterbox. The video literally is showing on just half the size of the screen. I can find no way to change the default player that shows the video while streaming from cloud storage. Is there any way to do it? It's pretty aggravating to watch a video that is 1/2 of the letterbox size it should be. If I watch something on the Google video player, I CAN resize the video, but I cannot launch the Google video player to stream from the cloud.

Any help?
22nd July 2012, 07:06 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota, FL

254 posts
More
Nobody streams video from Dropbox on their N7???
22nd July 2012, 04:33 PM   |  #3  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 1

11 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahmon

Nobody streams video from Dropbox on their N7???

Dropbox streaming videos is a joke. You can't check your mail or answer a call and return and expect to resume. Switch back to the app, and the video starts all over again. Plus no means to reposition in stream means its a big fat FAIL
22nd July 2012, 04:45 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota, FL

254 posts
More
I see your points, but would still like to know how to resize the video.
22nd July 2012, 10:07 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 3

15 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahmon

When I stream a video from my Dropbox account, it causes it to letterbox the letterbox. The video literally is showing on just half the size of the screen. I can find no way to change the default player that shows the video while streaming from cloud storage. Is there any way to do it? It's pretty aggravating to watch a video that is 1/2 of the letterbox size it should be. If I watch something on the Google video player, I CAN resize the video, but I cannot launch the Google video player to stream from the cloud.

Any help?

What video type are you trying to stream? Does it effect other types of videos too?
23rd July 2012, 02:04 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sarasota, FL

254 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanieb

What video type are you trying to stream? Does it effect other types of videos too?

.mp4's are the only type I have.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread