Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REVIEW] Rock TPU Case, also protects camera lens!

Tip us?

Dark13lade
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewong90 View Post
The case feels more rubbery and is very nice to handle. Because of the harder textured back, it doesn't get all oily and slippery from regular usage like a normal TPU case.

Power key is easy to press but the volume rocker is difficult to find sometimes because it doesn't jut out too much.

Overall the case is great. I've already dropped it and it worked perfectly. I wouldn't suggest using the screen protector that's included. I highly recommend the Martin Field's overlays, they feel great.
Thanks for your reply, forgot to ask 2 things

Does the case seem to stretch over time? For now I have a cheap tpu I bought and I guess from the heat of the device it got bigger and now the case doesn't fit right

And the other which may kind of stupid for me to ask, this case is good for the International device right? Sometimes I see fit only at&t device.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app

ewong90
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark13lade View Post
Thanks for your reply, forgot to ask 2 things

Does the case seem to stretch over time? For now I have a cheap tpu I bought and I guess from the heat of the device it got bigger and now the case doesn't fit right

And the other which may kind of stupid for me to ask, this case is good for the International device right? Sometimes I see fit only at&t device.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda app-developers app
I haven't noticed any warping. It seems pretty sturdy. This is probably because the case is a bit thicker than most tpu cases. I'm not to sure if they make different sizes, but the difference is probably quite minimal.
The Following User Says Thank You to ewong90 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ambious
Old
Thanks Meter 356

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the review, dude, and the pictures! It's very helpful :)
But I hate to be the one to say it.... Isn't it a little ugly?
I know there's no accounting for taste and everything, but in my opinion the 'blocks' kinda clash with the phones streamlined look.
Just saying, not complaining or anything. I realize some people are willing to sacrifice looks for reliability.
Quote:
/phone/model/:# HTC One M8 (S-OFF)
/phone/rom/:# MaximusHD | 7.1.0 | Android 4.4.3 (2.22.401.4)
/phone/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery

/tablet/model/:# Asus Nexus 7 (2013) - 32GB LTE (deb)
/tablet/rom/:# ParanoidAndroid (Android 4.4.4) / Ubuntu Touch (Experimental)
/tablet/recovery/:# TWRP 2.8.0.0 Touch Recovery (MultiBoot Enabled!)

death__machine
Old
Thanks Meter 89
I just got one of these. Same color like the OP has. Transparent Black. I picked up this mainly for the camera lens protection and I'm happy, even though the price was 4 times more than the last tpu case that I had.

The Screen Protector is fail imo. It got multiple scratches just when I was using a card to get rid of bubbles -_-. But I already have a few micro scratches so I'm gonna let this one sit for a while.
Phone:
LG G3 32GB Black

Phones I've had in the past:
Moto G 16GB Black > HTC One X 32GB(White) > iPhone 3GS 16GB>Sony Ericsson W910i>Nokia 5700>Sony Ericsson W810i>Sony Ericsson W800i>Nokia N-Gage>Nokia 3510i>Nokia 5510>Nokia 3310>Nokia 5110

jmarkos
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Nice... I just bought one on grey color...

death__machine
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambious View Post
Thanks for the review, dude, and the pictures! It's very helpful :)
But I hate to be the one to say it.... Isn't it a little ugly?
I know there's no accounting for taste and everything, but in my opinion the 'blocks' kinda clash with the phones streamlined look.
Just saying, not complaining or anything. I realize some people are willing to sacrifice looks for reliability.
Well it is one of the few cases that gives camera protection, so a good sacrifice on looks I would say. Without the case whenever I had to put the phone on a desk or table, I had to be cautious as to either putting the phone on the screen side or putting it on the camera side gently as to not scratch the camera lens. Now I can at least be a little less cautious about how I keep it on my table lol :P

After using this case for around 4 days, I don't think that it adds grip, I feel its more slippery than it was naked -_- which resulted in me dropping it once with the case. Nothing happened

The Screen Protector isn't scratch-resistant. Not One Bit. There are a few bubbles I can't get rid of. The plus point however is my fingers glide damn easily over this **** screen protector. Its easier to glide my fingers on this compared to the glass of the HOX. I need to look for a better screen protector, one that covers the whole top surface and smooth. I'll keep this one on for a while though, as my phone will be going to HTC as soon as I get to Dubai, for the WiFi Death grip fix.
Phone:
LG G3 32GB Black

Moto G 16GB Black > HTC One X 32GB(White) > iPhone 3GS 16GB>Sony Ericsson W910i>Nokia 5700>Sony Ericsson W810i>Sony Ericsson W800i>Nokia N-Gage>Nokia 3510i>Nokia 5510>Nokia 3310>Nokia 5110

iLV16
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I've been looking for a case for a long time and I think I'm gonna get this. Anyone have it in blue?

Dark13lade
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLV16 View Post
I've been looking for a case for a long time and I think I'm gonna get this. Anyone have it in blue?
Check page 2 or 3 in this topic there are pics of white HOX with the blue case

nech.q
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Can u feel volume buttons when u put case on?

death__machine
Old
Thanks Meter 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by nech.q View Post
Can u feel volume buttons when u put case on?
You can, the volume buttons/lock buttons part of the case is a bit protruding from the rest of the case.

But it is a pain to change volume imo. Thats probably the bad part about the case. Same goes for the lock button. Pain in the sense, the "feel" of pressing a button is gone/diminished.
Phone:
LG G3 32GB Black