FORUMS

Beats Music No Longer Accepting New Accounts

Whenever Apple launches a new product or service, it definitely manages to grab the … more

Do You Do Self-Repairs on Your Devices?

As smartphone designs become more and more complex, self-repairs on devices are also becoming … more

Sony Z4 Slips Out of Top 5 Smartphones in Japan

In a bid to streamline its flagship series which had been losing credibility over the … more

Sprint’s New Unlimited Plan with Ridiculous Capped Speeds

The carrier game in the United States is perpetually rushing forward at … more

[kernel][ginger] I9000 reoriented vG.4.0 04.16.2012

290 posts
Thanks Meter: 408
 
By xcaliburinhand, Retired Recognized Developer on 20th April 2011, 01:19 AM
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th April 2012, 05:30 AM |#1231  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 582
 
Donate to Me
More
I want to see a souped jw4 kernel d:
 
 
30th April 2012, 10:58 PM |#1232  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
some times my phone freeze and i have to take out the battery but i don't know if its the new rom JW4 or the kernel.

thx
23rd July 2012, 07:57 PM |#1233  
sulaimanz's Avatar
Member
Flag Gent
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
Wink Request
Dear xcaliburinhand,

I am not a developer, but I like to savor different flavors of ROM and appreciate the development community of XDA.
I have a request rather a suggestion Can you make a kernel for CM9 or ICS or JB which works with i9000 CM9/ICS/JB ROMS.
With this kernel, there will be no need of using ported i9000 ROMS on captivate and no more bugs found while porting.
23rd July 2012, 10:24 PM |#1234  
Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY
Thanks Meter: 208
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sulaimanz

Dear xcaliburinhand,

I am not a developer, but I like to savor different flavors of ROM and appreciate the development community of XDA.
I have a request rather a suggestion Can you make a kernel for CM9 or ICS or JB which works with i9000 CM9/ICS/JB ROMS.
With this kernel, there will be no need of using ported i9000 ROMS on captivate and no more bugs found while porting.

Why would you need a ported ics/jb cm9/cm10 rom? They have builds of cm9 for the captivate, and they are working on bringing cm10 up on the captivate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app
23rd July 2012, 11:40 PM |#1235  
Threezees's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 56
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane87

Why would you need a ported ics/jb cm9/cm10 rom? They have builds of cm9 for the captivate, and they are working on bringing cm10 up on the captivate.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app

I think he is referencing using roms which have not been ported to the Captivate, such as Darky's ICS, which are only supported on the i9000. I could be wrong but I'm not sure you could use a CM9 kernel with that rom.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA
24th July 2012, 05:26 AM |#1236  
Senior Member
Flag Waynesburg, KY
Thanks Meter: 208
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threezees

I think he is referencing using roms which have not been ported to the Captivate, such as Darky's ICS, which are only supported on the i9000. I could be wrong but I'm not sure you could use a CM9 kernel with that rom.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

I'm not sure either. Although the devil kernel is supposed to work with all aosp/aokp/cm roms, I'm not sure if it would work with an aosp/aokp/cm rom built for i9000 and ported/reoriented for the i897.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda app-developers app
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
gingerbread, pure awesomeness, reoriented kernel, xcaliburinhand
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes