1. P936 stock rom cannot be rooted by current methods
2. The only rom that can be rooted is the leaked AT&T ICS rom : forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1668476
3. But CWM recovery cannot install successfully on the above rom
4. So you have to flash back to original P936's V10C_00.kdz WHILE keeping the phone rooted
5. Now you can install CWM recovery and flash CM9
I followed the instruction here to get my P936 rooted and install CM9, however the instruction is hard to follow :
---------- Post added at 10:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------
Here is a more detailed instruction :
Files you need :
1. keepRoot tool : https :// rapidshare.com/files/192745915/keepRoot.rar
2. kdz flash tool : https :// rapidshare.com/files/688747034/KDZ_Tools.rar
3. P936's stock rom - V10c_00.kdz
1. Make sure your phone is P936
2. Power off phone, press volume up and plugin PC cable, to start the download mode
3. Follow forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1668476 to flash AT&T ICS rom
4. Follow page 6 of the above post to root your phone using TPSparkyRoot
5. Power off
6. Wipe data/cache (see * below)
7. Turn on usb debug mode, connect as PC software with usb
8. run keepRoot's "before.bat"
9. flash v10c_00.kdz (using kdz flash tool), following instruction at bbs.gfan.com/android-3321012-1-1.html
10. After flashing is finished completely, the phone will reboot and stuck at the 2nd LG logo screen, Do NOT wipe data!
11. While it is stuck at the 2nd logo screen, run keepRoot's after.bat
12. The phone may keep rebooting, just pull the battery
13. Wipe data and cache (see * below)
14. Now you have rooted phone with its stock rom, and you can install CWM recovery 220.127.116.11 and flash CM9
* To Wipe data/cache, disconnect your phone cable, power off, press volume down + power button until you enter the LG recovery mode, when you see the white text to ask you to confirm wipe phone user data and cache, press power button to confirm (twice). Then the phone will reboot and go to a reset screen with progress bar. Wait until that is done and the phone will reboot with factory setting.
---------- Post added at 10:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------
After flashing CM9, if you want to enable LTE, you need to dial *#*#4636#*#*, then select Phone Info, then select LTE/GSM auto mode.