Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,743 Members 43,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Downgrade baseband to V21e

Tip us?

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by navyanup View Post
the offline program works by creating local server through lg tool,
Interesting wasn't aware at all, thanks for the info.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***

Core Memory
Old
Thanks Meter 730
Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3g View Post
Interesting wasn't aware at all, thanks for the info.

Yes, it is fooling the LG updater into thinking it is communicating with LG. The guy that developed the method used Wireshark to monitor the communication between the LG updater and LG's update server which revealed the information for the local http server setup. That's why your computer's hosts file has to be modified to work with it. He's done us a big service: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1473781

e4e5nf3nc6
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Got it to go much further than it had before. Flashed the stock recovery and let it sit on the home screen. Started the KDZ tool and it didn't freeze and managed to unpack the kdz file. It restarted my phone and went into S/W Upgrade. Ran a little while but then froze somewhere in the middle. I let it sit for a while and it didn't seem like it would do anything else so I unplugged and decided to start over. Question though...while it's still in S/W Upgrade am I able to just shut down the KDZ updater and try again? Or should I get the phone booted and turned on before I attempt again? I dunno, this is by far the most frustrating thing I have ever tried to do on a PC. Normally it doesn't take me 3 or 4 days to figure ANYTHING out...

mt3g
Old
Thanks Meter 3120

DONATE TO ME
I just let it sit for a while, like 2 minutes later it started back up and completed. I never disconnected it, read that for those that it failed, they just selected to start the update again.

**HTC Uno Crew**
***Former RC Crew***
The Following User Says Thank You to mt3g For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

e4e5nf3nc6
Old
Thanks Meter 30
FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK. wow, time for bed.
The Following User Says Thank You to e4e5nf3nc6 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

d12unk13astard
Old
Thanks Meter 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by e4e5nf3nc6 View Post
FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK. wow, time for bed.
LOL i feel your pain i struggled so much for too long trying to get my phones baseband reflashed,then 1 day it just worked no problem.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
Current Device: T-Mobile Note 3 (SM-N900T)

Past Devices:

Sprint Note 2 (L900) - Hanging on to
Sprint Galaxy S2 - Sold
T-Mobile G2X (P-999) - Sold
T-Mobile Mytouch4G - Sold
T-Mobile G1 (Dream) - Sold

BuddhaTeh1337
Old
Thanks Meter 37
can someone write a tutorial on this for me? im completely confused and im not exactly an android newb. i mean i get that the LG updater has checks and balances with the LG servers and we need to reverse that. but beyond that im kind of lost.
Jellybean swaggin on you beezys.

br1an
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddhaTeh1337 View Post
can someone write a tutorial on this for me? im completely confused and im not exactly an android newb. i mean i get that the LG updater has checks and balances with the LG servers and we need to reverse that. but beyond that im kind of lost.

Did you manage to work this out? I'm lost here. I am sure many people faced this similar problem how did they fix theirs?

zenmastr1968
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I was able to downgrade to 21e again yesterday. One trick to watch for is I was only ever able to make it work in XP. Also, I had to use a different (should read second set of same named drivers) in order to make it work. I'll post the link I used again as a reference when I get to work...

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2

BuddhaTeh1337
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by br1an View Post
Did you manage to work this out? I'm lost here. I am sure many people faced this similar problem how did they fix theirs?
never did downgrade. just been trolling for good v21y roms lately lol
Jellybean swaggin on you beezys.