XBMC Tegra2 Build

Search This thread

kemonine96

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
I managed to get a build of XBMC working on Tegra2's including the A500.This only works for SD content currently and hardware decoder support will be necessary to get 720p and 1080p support.

Please note the Tegra2 is an unsupported platform currently.

DO NOT post builds to VANILLA builds. They WILL NOT run on Tegra2 devices.

Links (Moved to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29737360):
Moved: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29737360

Common Problems:
If you receive a flickering screen after the update, clear the application cache and reboot the device. This may need to be done more than once.

Last edited:

blucmal

Nov 13, 2011
I managed to get a build of XBMC working on Tegra2's including validation that it works on the A500. I have posted it at dl.dropbox.com/u/23765633/xbmcapp-armeabi-v7a-no-neon-debug.apk if anyone is interested. Please note that this only works for SD content currently and hardware decoder support will be necessary to get 720p and 1080p support.

Found it cool let me know if I can help in any way cheers wondering is audio choppy on your a100? Audio is choppy and video tends to get out of sync and a bit of stutter even on sd video. On the plus side the touched skin works well with this build :D

Last edited:

trancen

Oct 31, 2006
Awesome! Awesome!

Works like a charm on my A500. Installed some plugins and my fav NAVI-X. Its 3am and I need some sleep. So I will continue to play around with it over the next day or so.
XBMC on Android takes it to the next level on tablets

One thing I did notice was the volume level seems to be in the low side even after I cranked everything up.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Awesome! Awesome!

Works like a charm on my A500. Installed some plugins and my fav NAVI-X. Its 3am and I need some sleep. So I will continue to play around with it over the next day or so.

One thing I did notice was the volume level seems to be in the low side even after I cranked everything up.

I found the volume very low until I maxed it out and then went into XBMC. IIRC the XBMC volume is independent of the device volume. The xbmc volume also has a large number of levels, I find it easier to adjust the volume within the app by holding down volume up / down.

Reactions: bradleyw801

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Found it cool let me know if I can help in any way cheers wondering is audio choppy on your a100? Audio is choppy and video tends to get out of sync and a bit of stutter even on sd video. On the plus side the touched skin works well with this build :D

I have had good and bad success with SD content depending on container format, movement and other factors that tend to pop up with video encoding. 720p is close, it looks like the Tegra2 devices will need hardware decode support for 720p or 1080p based on the framerates I was seeing.

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
Can not run on WDS jellybean(CM10) ROM. It installed fine, but once started the application, screen flickered continuously.

Anyway, thanks for posting.

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Can not run on WDS jellybean(CM10) ROM. It installed fine, but once started the application, screen flickered continuously.
Anyway, thanks for posting.

I had this issue myself at one point. I cleared the application cache and relaunched to fix the issue. Another user reported a similar problem that was resolved after rebooting the device.

Reactions: 10507

Account currently disabled
Oct 6, 2007
Usa
meettomy.site
I had this issue myself at one point. I cleared the application cache and relaunched to fix the issue. Another user reported a similar problem that was resolved after rebooting the device.

Thank, I've gotten it to work. No more flickering of the screen, but now I can not seem to access my music and video from external SDcard. Do I need to copy my music and video to internal SDcard?

Thank again,

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
Thank, I've gotten it to work. No more flickering of the screen, but now I can not seem to access my music and video from external SDcard. Do I need to copy my music and video to internal SDcard?

Thank again,

You need to add a source. When it pops up you will want to select "root filesystem" instead of "sdcard". This will let you navigate to the external sd card mount point. Usually somewhere under /mnt. In my case it is /mnt/external_sd on CyanogenMod.

Reactions: 10507

JoeyDVDZ

Sep 17, 2009
Beachwood NJ
At the risk of sounding the fool, does anyone here know how to:

A.) Change the time zone. It says it's 1:47 AM tomorrow on my a500.
B.) Change the weather from celsius to farenheit? Here in the US, C is weird. I see 28 degrees & expect to need my snow shovel.

Thanks!

kemonine96

Jan 27, 2011
Michigan
At the risk of sounding the fool, does anyone here know how to:

A.) Change the time zone. It says it's 1:47 AM tomorrow on my a500.
B.) Change the weather from celsius to farenheit? Here in the US, C is weird. I see 28 degrees & expect to need my snow shovel.

Thanks!

I believe these options are somewhere under the settings pages. The XBMC wiki has pretty good information on how to adjust the various settings.

rikardo1979

Jan 29, 2009
Poole, UK
Nice work ;)
working on my Asus Transformer TF101 ;)
:cool:
56b18817-af37-b233.jpg

56b18817-af45-edfb.jpg

56b18817-af52-fdb6.jpg

56b18817-af61-7fa5.jpg

56b18817-af70-b391.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: jacobras

Visegrad

Jan 18, 2010
Chicago
This is an awesome start for this on the A500. If and when this works fast and efficiently on my tab, it will replace a lot of different apps I use to do the job that just this one can do :) For now, I will just keep tweaking it as best I can and see where I can go with it. Thanks to the folks working to make XBMC on the A500 a possibility.

Sent from my Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I managed to get a build of XBMC working on Tegra2's including the A500.This only works for SD content currently and hardware decoder support will be necessary to get 720p and 1080p support.

DO NOT post builds to VANILLA builds. They WILL NOT run on Tegra2 devices.

Links (Moved to http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29737360):
    Moved: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=29737360

Common Problems:
    If you receive a flickering screen after the update, clear the application cache and reboot the device. This may need to be done more than once.
    Kemonine96 you're awesome mate. You and other guys on this project have been absolutely incredible with the progress being made to this version of xbmc for android. You rock!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

I can't take too much credit. I'm just another XBMC community member that wants it working on the Tegra2 bad enough to break out the keyboard and compiler to make it work. :p
    There is a new stock build so hopefully you will be able to perform your magic to have it run on Tegra 2 :good:

I have been tracking the git repo and am trying to build every day, especially if there were a number of changes the previous day. I am also trying to do the builds after the dev's have completed their "work day".
    Awesome! Awesome!

I found the volume very low until I maxed it out and then went into XBMC. IIRC the XBMC volume is independent of the device volume. The xbmc volume also has a large number of levels, I find it easier to adjust the volume within the app by holding down volume up / down.
    Still can't change time zone, and weather still shows celsius. ?!?! Help?
    Settings > System > International
    Change your region to USA if you want Fahrenheit. Time zone change isn't working yet.