Speeding up your Galaxy S III

Search This thread

avishek_32

May 27, 2012
Tallahassee
So I found this thread in the International section and its a neat little tweak. Should definitely give a try. Phone feels much snappier!

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1735283&highlight=transition+0+5

Thanks to niknag for this tweak!

P.S.I posted this in the General Section of the AT&T, Sprint T-Mobile Verizon Galaxy S III thread , but it seems each carrier has its own specific General Thread as well so I'll post it here also.
@Mods - Please delete this thread if necessary.

dirrtyswan

Jul 5, 2012
So I found this thread in the International section and its a neat little tweak. Should definitely give a try. Phone feels much snappier!

P.S.I posted this in the General Section of the AT&T, Sprint T-Mobile Verizon Galaxy S III thread , but it seems each carrier has its own specific General Thread as well so I'll post it here also.

thanks man, def didn't see this posted

Motokorth

Jul 25, 2012
awesome, I totally forgot where that thread was and I wasn't sure which setting I was supposed to change. Thanks for the link :)

stuff

Apr 16, 2007
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Just FYI, this does not induce better "performance" or speed, technically speaking. What it does is cause a faster display of window animations. 1x = normal speed, .5x means half speed. I currently have a AOKP build that is .75, which I think is the sweet spot. Still gives you some animation, but it's quicker than 1x.

Reactions: neubauej

avishek_32

May 27, 2012
Tallahassee
Just FYI, this does not induce better "performance" or speed, technically speaking. What it does is cause a faster display of window animations. 1x = normal speed, .5x means half speed. I currently have a AOKP build that is .75, which I think is the sweet spot. Still gives you some animation, but it's quicker than 1x.

Yeah i know, but I don't know about you but when ever I return to my home screen or pull up the recent apps list I notice a considerable lag. It s probably because of touchwiz but the above method certainly makes things faster than before. Just saying :p

skalatsky

Nov 24, 2008
Do you have s voice? If so, if you disable the double press of the home button to launch s voice you will have no lag going back to home screen from stuff.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using xda premium

avishek_32

May 27, 2012
Tallahassee
Do you have s voice? If so, if you disable the double press of the home button to launch s voice you will have no lag going back to home screen from stuff.

Yep I did that, and that made it slightly faster, but it was still lagging on some occasions , but changing the transitions fixed that completely. Maybe its just Touchwiz but either ways, I don't see any lag anymore. Don't get me wrong, even with the lag, the S III is amazingly fast (coming from a captivate :p)

Reactions: ak789

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep I did that, and that made it slightly faster, but it was still lagging on some occasions , but changing the transitions fixed that completely. Maybe its just Touchwiz but either ways, I don't see any lag anymore. Don't get me wrong, even with the lag, the S III is amazingly fast (coming from a captivate :p)
    How about forcing GPU rendering? While back looking at it folks were split on if it helped or not - any way to test it via benchmarking?

http://pocketnow.com/2012/05/25/what-is-force-gpu-rendering-in-ice-cream-sandwich/

This article is pretty helpful in understanding what GPU rendering is. :good: