Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

[Resources] Flashing your First GSM Raphael Rom (For Noobs)

OP mskip

20th November 2008, 04:05 PM   |  #11  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Norfolk
Thanks Meter: 13,734

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by respider

might sound stupid, but I think you should say what RUU means and what it is...

first time I flashed hardSPL I couldnt find what this RUU means (while reading steps before flashing).
I started flashing without knowing what it was, when I opened the .exe its title was self-explaining, but its hard to know before starting... because the .exe name is not RUU or something like that

Sorry for bad english!

Done. Thanks for the input
20th November 2008, 05:10 PM   |  #12  
Flag Kentucky
Thanks Meter: 0

132 posts
More
Thanks great guide!

Wish i had this my 1st time flashing i was confused as ever
21st November 2008, 11:34 AM   |  #13  
Flag Phoenix

67 posts
More
Thanks for taking the time to write this guide for all of the noobs (like me ). I'm still unsure whether I'm willing to gamble right away with my Fuze next month, but I've made sure this thread is bookmarked in case I decide to take the plunge!
21st November 2008, 02:45 PM   |  #14  

47 posts
More
What should one do if using the MicroSD card method and the Olinex HardSPL says Loading... No Image File!
21st November 2008, 03:05 PM   |  #15  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coromoto

What should one do if using the MicroSD card method and the Olinex HardSPL says Loading... No Image File!

you cant flash HardSPL via microSD Card
21st November 2008, 10:00 PM   |  #16  
Flag Houston, TX

12 posts
More
Bricked Fuze?
I was using OliPro Rapheal Unlocker and seemed to have bricked myself. (my fault, I understand the risk) I'm not a total newbee, but first time I ran into this. Any ideas how to get past a Upgrade ROM code error? Updated from 8525 to Fuze.
21st November 2008, 11:26 PM   |  #17  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeyers

I was using OliPro Rapheal Unlocker and seemed to have bricked myself. (my fault, I understand the risk) I'm not a total newbee, but first time I ran into this. Any ideas how to get past a Upgrade ROM code error? Updated from 8525 to Fuze.

I dont recognize the SPL version in your signature is it from Oli's Sim/CID Unlocker?

Can you explain exactly what you have done to your phone and when you bricked it please. Also can you load your Rom up or does it get stuck.

Have you tried flashing the HardSPL from Step1?
22nd November 2008, 03:11 AM   |  #18  
Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Ketchikan, Alaska
Thanks Meter: 2

3,222 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmeyers

If you flashed the hardspl, then you should be fine and should not have done any lasting damage. You didn't read the part of the instructions that tell you that you must first flash a 1.01 version of the att radio. You can get that here:

http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=v3q7csfizy

If you don't then you get the rom upgrade error. Just put your phone into bootloader (tri-color screen), and flash that radio. Also, as always, questions about specific roms, apps, etc should be posted in the thread they came from. That is where all the people most knowledgable about the subject are most likely to read it.

@Mskip, i think that SPL is for his 8525 not his fuze.
Last edited by scotchua; 22nd November 2008 at 03:13 AM.
22nd November 2008, 10:35 AM   |  #19  
Flag Norfolk

11,162 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotchua

If you flashed the hardspl, then you should be fine and should not have done any lasting damage. You didn't read the part of the instructions that tell you that you must first flash a 1.01 version of the att radio. You can get that here:

http://www.rapidspread.com/file.jsp?id=v3q7csfizy

If you don't then you get the rom upgrade error. Just put your phone into bootloader (tri-color screen), and flash that radio. Also, as always, questions about specific roms, apps, etc should be posted in the thread they came from. That is where all the people most knowledgable about the subject are most likely to read it.

@Mskip, i think that SPL is for his 8525 not his fuze.

oh ok lol thanks for the input scot
23rd November 2008, 01:28 AM   |  #20  

47 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskip

you cant flash HardSPL via microSD Card

I did know and realize that, and your walkthrough doesn't give instructions for that either, but rather for flashing a ROM using the mSD method.

I was referring to flashing a new ROM from the MicroSD card and getting this error message in the HardSPL Bootloader screen. The ROM image has the proper name (RAPHIMG.nbh) but isn't seen by the OliNex bootloader.
Last edited by Coromoto; 23rd November 2008 at 01:52 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread