[EOS]-[ROM][4-august-12][PEN/WIFI/3G][JellyBean/411] DextersJB v1.5

Search This thread

myowin

Apr 4, 2010
Thank you!

first.. thank you for trying to save VIEW.. there is no much going on here. but if you can save our dying VIEW, even slight attempt is greatly appreciated.
I will test this. I am kind of new on tablet but I will test and report back to you. here we go..:good:

i would like to see if i can utilize the JB on View.

for this i have changed the kernel and partitions(removed those i do not know atm).

and uploading my test image for someone to test. Download it here MD5 06096eea121b5ec534830fcf97072fc4
HC hboot is required here, GB boot is not supported.
please if someone can help and test it, it will be great.
REMEMBER to factory reset, before installing this rom

I would also like to see a "mount" output run in as shell. so i know what partitions are different, besides /system i know for now.

Reactions: Dexter_nlb

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
first.. thank you for trying to save VIEW.. there is no much going on here. but if you can save our dying VIEW, even slight attempt is greatly appreciated.
I will test this. I am kind of new on tablet but I will test and report back to you. here we go..:good:

it if dos not boot at first try (showing a X after 20-30 seconds)..

maybe change the /system/build.prop in the zip.

replace everything you see in th build.prop with "flyer" with "express" .
save it and copy it back into the zip and replace the original one.
in the /system/lib/hw , rename files you see with "flyer" in the name, replace that with "express" too. ie lights.express.so

flash it once more and see if it helps.

nbock01

Dec 19, 2007
Pulled, will try in about an hour when she charges back up. Apparently I left my wifi on..seems to drain a little more in ICS. :)

Will report back

boastt

Dec 29, 2011
I would also like to see a "mount" output run in as shell. so i know what partitions are different, besides /system i know for now.

Code:
 # mount                                                         
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p26 /system ext4 ro,relatime,barrier=1,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p30 /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p31 /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/mmcblk0p34 /devlog ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,noatime,barrier=1,nodelalloc,data=ordered 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/data/d /data/d debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:65 /mnt/sdcard2 vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:36 /mnt/sdcard vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/vold/179:36 /mnt/secure/asec vfat rw,dirsync,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,uid=1000,gid=1015,fmask=0702,dmask=0702,allow_utime=0020,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/sdcard/.android_secure tmpfs ro,relatime,size=0k,mode=000 0 0

and during installation:
Code:
AROMA INSTALLER version 2.00
  (c) 2012 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name    : FlyerJB-view
ROM Version : 1.0
ROM Author  : dexter_nlb
Device      : view/express-3g
Start at    : Fri Jul 27 16:36:10 2012

script aborted: file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/wipe.prop": No such file or directory
  file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/wipe.prop": No such file or directory

Installer Error (Status 7)

End at : Fri Jul 27 16:36:10 2012
install finished, rebooted, stuck on white HTC bootscreen.

adb detects the device
Code:
$ ./adb devices
List of devices attached 
HT16THY00941    device
but can't connect
Code:
$ ./adb shell
- exec '/system/bin/sh' failed: No such file or directory (2) -

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
Sounds cool. From what I have read we will lose Flash if we go to JB. Is this correct?

Stopping support for Flash by Adobe now in favor of HTML5 is sort of like closing all gas stations in favor of electric. Great idea, terrible timing. HTML5 is nowhere near ubiquitous.

** Ring up yncconsulting. I'm sure he would want to help on this.

Reactions: j510

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
and during installation:
Code:
AROMA INSTALLER version 2.00
  (c) 2012 by amarullz xda-developers

ROM Name    : FlyerJB-view
ROM Version : 1.0
ROM Author  : dexter_nlb
Device      : view/express-3g
Start at    : Fri Jul 27 16:36:10 2012

script aborted: file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/wipe.prop": No such file or directory
  file_getprop: failed to stat "/tmp/aroma-data/wipe.prop": No such file or directory

Installer Error (Status 7)

[/QUOTE]
can you replace  META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script
in the zip you downloaded first with the updater-script in the zip attached to this post and try again.

the reboot is because it probably only wiped, but not unpacked anything to the partition.

Attachments

• updater-script.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 122

boastt

Dec 29, 2011
can you replace META-INF\com\google\android\updater-script
in the zip you downloaded first with the updater-script in the zip attached to this post and try again.

the reboot is because it probably only wiped, but not unpacked anything to the partition.

Done. Install went smooth. Theres a long delay waiting for a sim card, then the "Insert SIM card" shows up with a "skip" button.

Overall, it seems pretty solid for what it should be.

Compared to your thread for the flyer: mic doesn't work, GPS seems to not even exist on the device, using that UMS doesn' work, if scrolling in chrome is part of the 2d hardware acceleration then it feels slow

Last edited:
Reactions: Dexter_nlb

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
Done. Install went smooth. Theres a long delay waiting for a sim card, then the "Insert SIM card" shows up with a "skip" button.

Overall, it seems pretty solid for what it should be.

Compared to your thread for the flyer: mic doesn't work, GPS seems to not even exist on the device, using that UMS doesn' work, if scrolling in chrome is part of the 2d hardware acceleration then it feels slow

thanks for the confirmation, no matter if its good or bad.

i believe its possible to make a generic edition and let the installer detect which parts belong to which hardware.
ill look into that.

the hardware issues, probably relate to the files /system/lib/hw where light/sensor/gps is for the flyer and probably differ from the view edition.

for the mic part, i believe those files are for flyer, which needs to be view specific as well.

anyways, thanks, its good to know it can be made working on view as well.

quick search on google, shows that Chrome is not as fast as stock browser, which might be was regular chrome users experience? JB is new and not all apps are adapted? maybe thats why this keeps coming back as being a problem, but might not be a build problem, but Chrome being less compatible.

Last edited:

eman3316@optonline.net

Jun 23, 2007
Sounds cool. From what I have read we will lose Flash if we go to JB. Is this correct?

Stopping support for Flash by Adobe now in favor of HTML5 is sort of like closing all gas stations in favor of electric. Great idea, terrible timing. HTML5 is nowhere near ubiquitous.

** Ring up yncconsulting. I'm sure he would want to help on this.

You can still use flash. You just cannot download it from the market but the ICS version works just fine.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
In what ways is JB significantly better than ICS or GB in order to sacrifice some functionality to run it in your opinion? Not snarking here - I really would like to know.

In my personal experience, GB on this tablet is just fine. It can be overclocked and everything works, but of course I'd love the latest and the greatest if there is some noticeable performance pop.

Dexter_nlb

Feb 12, 2009
Copenhagen
In what ways is JB significantly better than ICS or GB in order to sacrifice some functionality to run it in your opinion? Not snarking here - I really would like to know.

In my personal experience, GB on this tablet is just fine. It can be overclocked and everything works, but of course I'd love the latest and the greatest if there is some noticeable performance pop.

its all just a challenge and development tests/teasers.. for some it can easily be a daily driver, for others too much is definately not working.
I do not have it for the pen, so thats no priority personally.
but media playback for me, can be important, for now i just switch to SD when im on youtube.

but generally, there is alot of difference in the drivers and how framework and JB differs, i do not want to repeat , but it is for better, if just we can make more work better.

JB/ICS is alot better experience especially comparing our less good HC adaption.

Reactions: jayochs

jayochs

Jul 22, 2010
Central NJ
www.dinosaurstakefrance.com
JB kills GB. i'm running JB on my nexus and it's SO quick!

thanks for your hard work here, i hope we can get something running! we sort of have an ICS rom, but JB is what ICS should have been from the start..i'm pumped!

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Yeah HC was pretty lame. Its really too bad the way HTC just completely abandoned what was an expensive device at the time.

I have a pen but really don't use it much anymore anyway. 7 inch tablet is just a little too small to comfortably write on anyway. I guess for me fast internet browsing and solid Netflix are the most important things.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

rajnicho22

Jan 2, 2008
Great work. I'm interested in testing once I can flash in a normal fashion (not sure how to switch out the zip file etc.)

Sent from my PG41200 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROM is discontinued for VIEW, use YNC's latest update

DextersJB
    Yes, the patch worked and I have a successful boot. The tablet buttons are lit as well.
    thanks, good to hear it is working, although limited, as my pen driver fixes are not at all included.

but at least i got some ideas on where to look now.

thanks to , neuteboomt and GraileR1 for testing, debugging and spending time on this to get us back running on VIEW :)
    version update

V1.5 is online.

see post #1 in linked section for changes.
    Hm... let's see here... my original post was. "This ROM does not appear to include bash. Is this something that could be added in?"
    lets just close that topic, ill add your bash in xbin, and that should do it.

end of offtopic discussion.
    Also I'm assuming Netflix is dead in the water at this time?
    with my own personal need for netflix, i would love to fix it. but i have spent far too much on hardware decoding and still not found the cause. so i just use alternatives :)

i have not checked flash, but yes, it can be sideloaded, and i could probably have included a running edition for next version.