Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,289 Members 46,305 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

General Discussion Lounge

Tip us?

orb3000
Old
XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 3030
Location: T r a v e l i n g Likes: HTC & XDA Dislikes: apples...

DONATE TO ME
Default General question

How to automatically lock all butons after certain time?

This is very usefull for my wife as she always throw the Excalibur to her big bag when she finishes a call, and sometimes with the movement it presses some buttons and even make calls!!!

Thanks in advance
orb

HTC One M8 - HTC Butterfly S - HTC Universal

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

Mikey
Old
Retired Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 1026

DONATE TO ME
Long press the end key. 2-3 seconds tops.
Only way i know off.
Code:

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Nexus               Tablet: Google Nexus 7
ROM: PURITY JDQ39                         ROM: PURITY JDQ39
Kernel: AK Kernel Diamond ed.             Kernel: M-Kernel
Baseband: I925OUGLH1                      Bootloader: v4.18
Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0                   Recovery: TWRP v2.4.3.0

orb3000
Old
Thanks Meter 3030

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey1022 View Post
Long press the end key. 2-3 seconds tops.
Only way i know off.
Yeah, I know that one, but hope there is a method to automatically do that, as on my Universal

Thanks anyway
orb

XDA is about developing and is for developers. Any user that recognizes that will gain the most benefit from this site

This is and always will be a site for developers, pure and simple. Without them we are nothing, without them there would be no reason for XDA Developers to exist; we should never ever forget that. Without them this place would not be called XDA-Developers but something else, e.g Mobile Phone User Support Services For Ungrateful Nerds.

Previous devices: HTC: Treo 650 - Excalibur - Diamond - Diamond 2 - Maple - HD2 - Rhodium - Desire Z - Desire HD - Vivid - Sensation - One V - One X - Titan II - One X+ - DNA - Butterfly

thousandlegs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by orb3000 View Post
Yeah, I know that one, but hope there is a method to automatically do that, as on my Universal

Thanks anyway
there are a couple of pieces of software that will automatically do it. one is smart toolkit, the other escapes me but it's something like autolock or something like that.

Good luck!

Now

No children under 12 in pediatrics?
King Arthur: The Lady of the Lake, her arm clad in the purest shimmering samite held aloft Excalibur from the bosom of the water, signifying by divine providence that I, Arthur, was to carry Excalibur. THAT is why I am your king.

germansak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:

Thanks anyway
If you're a SmartToolkit user there's an option on Control Panel to AutoKeyLock your Excalibur. It has some customizations also it's pretty cool. Check it out, I think that's what you're looking for

Hope it helped
Cheers

jasonusmaximus
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hoof hearted ice melted

orb3000
Old
Thanks Meter 3030

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandlegs View Post
there are a couple of pieces of software that will automatically do it. one is smart toolkit, the other escapes me but it's something like autolock or something like that.

Good luck!

Now

LOL

Thanks a lot thousandlegs & germansak

Never heard of smart toolkit, but IŽll find it and test it

Cheers,
orb

jdoggraz
Old
Retired Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thousandlegs View Post

Good luck!

Now

Haha that was hilarious...

stylez
Old
(Last edited by stylez; 22nd November 2008 at 02:25 PM.)
Moderator Committee - Assistant Forum Admin
Thanks Meter 507

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
LOL

Thanks a lot thousandlegs & germansak

Never heard of smart toolkit, but IŽll find it and test it

Cheers,
Here you go SmartToolkit-SP-RC08 does alot more than keylock, has an XP like start menu, can set up gadgets that are accesible easily and also hotkeys

And on another note..

MAKO / GROUPER / XOOM / G1