FORUMS

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Boot into recovery

69 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By efcgenius, Account currently disabled on 29th July 2012, 03:08 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi

I am pressing volume up + volume down + power on

and.............nothing!!

Just boots up as normal

Any help would be great

Thanks
 
 
29th July 2012, 03:10 PM |#2  
briand.mooreg's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 121
 
More
I would post this in the Q&A forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium
29th July 2012, 03:13 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efcgenius

Hi

I am pressing volume up + volume down + power on

and.............nothing!!

Just boots up as normal

Any help would be great

Thanks

You are holding the volume up and down and power button till the Samsung logo pops up then letting go correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lildoggs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th July 2012, 03:13 PM |#4  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by briand.mooreg

I would post this in the Q&A forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium



Oops my bad, please move MOD
29th July 2012, 03:15 PM |#5  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs

You are holding the volume up and down and power button till the Samsung logo pops up then letting go correct?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app

Yes

also have tried keeping them pressed, Samsung logo disappears then comes back to boot to ICS
29th July 2012, 03:20 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efcgenius

Yes

also have tried keeping them pressed, Samsung logo disappears then comes back to boot to ICS

Can you boot into download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
29th July 2012, 03:24 PM |#7  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lildoggs

Can you boot into download mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app


YES that has just worked for me
29th July 2012, 03:27 PM |#8  
OP Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
I pressed volume up to confirm now it says

Downloading...
Do not turn off target !!

What do I have to do? Wait? Remove battery?

Thanks

Lee
29th July 2012, 03:31 PM |#9  
O_G's Avatar
Moderator Committee - Life Can't Beat Me
Flag Glosta
Thanks Meter: 5,406
 
More
Moved to Q&A


This in no way can be considered development, post in the correct section!
29th July 2012, 03:32 PM |#10  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 118
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efcgenius

I pressed volume up to confirm now it says

Downloading...
Do not turn off target !!

What do I have to do? Wait? Remove battery?

Thanks

Lee

Just remove the battery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda app-developers app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes