5,605,904 Members 47,269 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen on from text message?

Tip us?

todd3835
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 48
Default [Q] Screen on from text message?

My g/f has a Vivid, and her complaint is absolutely HORRIBLE battery life. She's coming from a blackberry, so I know the screen size is making a HUGE impact. Upon looking at her battery usage, there's nothing keeping the phone awake (wakelock), so it's not a rogue app. The issue appears to be the screen usage. I know she gets a ton of texts, and have noticed that her phone wakes up and shows the texts on her lock screen. I think that if we didn't have it turn on the screen, that might help. Does anyone know a way to stop the screen from turning on for a text? Thanks.
-Todd
Handspring Visor Deluxe > Palm m505 > Palm m515 > Palm Tungsten T3 > Palm Lifedrive >Dell Axim x51v > Tilt > Fuze > iPhone 3gs > Droid Incredible > Samsung Galaxy Prevail > Droid Incredible (Flashed to Boost) > Evo 3D (Flashed to Boost) > Galaxy S3 > Galaxy S4

Nook Tablet > Asus Transformer TF300T

S4: Hyperdrive v13 via SS 3.71 (I'm on the MK2 Firmware)
Nook Tablet: CM10
Asus Transformer TF300T: KANG KA04

Monkeymannnn
Old
Thanks Meter 44
I've only ever seen the option to turn that off in the LeeDroid Tweaks menu on custom ROMs. Check all the menus in settings...might be hiding in there somewhere.

Sent from my HTC Holiday using xda premium

FFXTDS
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Check under privacy setting
HTC VIVID
free 2gb online storage
For every friend who joins Dropbox, we'll give you both 250 MB of bonus space (up to a limit of 8 GB)!
http://www.dropbox.com/referrals/NTEwNDkxMDY3OQ