FLASH EPIC 4g TOUCH on boost!! Step by step!!

27th July 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #201  
Flag South Texas
Thanks Meter: 50

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchris29

What would make you think that boost would accept sprint et's? It will probably be the same as the evo design 4g where boost has their own version of the phone and doesn't accept sprint versions.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

true I know where you are coming from, since I was talking to boost cust care this was all just talk they just said there should not be any issue but could not be sure till the phone was out.
27th July 2012, 04:06 AM   |  #202  
Account currently disabled
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 10

23 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Zone

true I know where you are coming from, since I was talking to boost cust care this was all just talk they just said there should not be any issue but could not be sure till the phone was out.

they said it wouldnt be an issue?
27th July 2012, 05:23 AM   |  #203  
Flag South Texas
Thanks Meter: 50

350 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by labelexpired

they said it wouldnt be an issue?

yup, that is what they told me, but your statement make more sense, we will all know in a couple of months when the ET is out.
29th July 2012, 12:04 AM   |  #204  
Thanks Meter: 4

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peryp9

[B]

Please read all the steps posted above and follow them precisely, before asking for more help.

CLICK THE THANKS BUTTON !!!

Man if I didn't read these steps and try to perform them about a million times, I didn't do it once. Still no 3g or internet at all even though I do get the 3g symbol to light up.

Now I have a samsung galaxy s II or E4GT SPH-D710 whatever you want to call it

I used the samsung rant as donor phone.

I have done the NV ITEMS write (except 1192 and 1194) on the E4GT.
I have written the profile 0 mymeid@blahblahblah.com ha and aaa 32 digit key written as well from NVITEMS466 (AFTER THE 10) SPI 4D2 SPI 4D2, enable rev tunneling, ip addresses all match with guide.

I have profile 1 name@blahblahblahblah.com ha key is filled in, NOW HERE IS WHERE I kind of get stuck (on the guide it tells me it should be a 6 digit AAA key and another guide tells me it should be 12 digit key but when I do the scan on QXDM it gives me a 14 digit key, I have tried inputting the first 6 digits the last 6 digits the first 12 digits and the last 12 digits of the "14 DIGIT KEY I GOT FROM QXDM SCAN for PROF 1"
the IP addresses all match and REV TUNNELING enabled.

is there any settings I need to mess with when I open up up the PPP TAB on UM or AN???

What am I doing wrong here? I feel like I'm REALLY CLOSE TO GETTING 3G WORKING just need 1 more small thing.
29th July 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #205  

30 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitebits

Hi been lurking around, but new to the forums. Ive been trying to get my ep4gt 3g to work on boost for days now. I got talk and text working, and im uprading from evo 4g with boost. I got my original files and passwords, and I put them in the epic4gt. I check ##debug# and AA-HAA shows pass, but never receive an IP and shows paging like its trying to connect. I also keep getting an error 131 sign in failed. One last thing to note is that I got this with pageplus already on it. Does anyone know what im doing wrong? Ive tried rewriting NV items inputting ha aaa again. I was thinking maybe the 3g radio might be bad on this phone, or maybe the kernal has something to do with it. Im on el29 rooted with rogue stock. I just want to thank everyone for their time and for this great site.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

I'm having the same problem with 3g not working just no error or anything
30th July 2012, 12:40 AM   |  #206  

30 posts
Update 3g 4g talk and text now working
Okay so here's an update to what I was doing wrong, as far as the question for getting 14 digits from the rant "BOOST AAA SECRET" the answer to that is. Use the last 12 digits of the 14 digits it gives you. Mine was 06747276626971, so I used 747276626971. (I had a problem with writing the wrong key down which was making me not get internet at all. Input IPs and all that good stuff rev tunneling enabled.

For those of you who are having problems with ACTIVE USER CHANGING TO 1 when you want it to go to 0 please don't take what I am giving you as a sure fix but this is what I did: When I opened up QPST CONFIGURATION and did SERVICE PROGRAMMING, HIT OK (just like every other time, but) before I hit "READ FROM PHONE" I went over to the "M.IP" tab and I changed ACTIVE USER to 0, then I hit read did my modifications to the PROFILES hit "WRITE TO PHONE" and the next time I checked my phone FULLY WORKING 3G YAY! 1000kbps in my APT.

Thanks to everyone on this one I swear I went to 100 different sites for help I sure hope someone can make good use of this.

*ON NOTE CREDIT GOES TO IFUXWITUZ... don't forget to change your settings to this

PPP Config
Um settings:
tethered nai: boostmobile.com
user ID: phonenumber@boostmobile.com
check the 1xEVDO->1x box

AN settings
User ID:YOURMEID@hcm.sprint.com (this is just an example you replace the YOURMEID number with your MEID(DEC) number
The Following User Says Thank You to eznacho For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st July 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #207  
Thanks Meter: 16

127 posts
I had my e4gt flashed for me by a company down here locally. I used an incognito as my donor. Good esn numbers on both. I just modded my 4g mac and wiped data and cache came back to my nandroid backup and now no 3g. I went to the company because I couldn't get the incognito to pop the 1192 address. I do have all the other files and info needed. I have phone but no data. Read thru this and other posts but a bit lost. Have working qpst qxdm and cdma.

So frustrated. I have both the sprint ha and aaa as well as the Sanyo incognito ha and aaa. Keep getting error 67 password username mismatch.
Help please

Update: after many many flashes 3g working but connection spotty at best.

Sent from my SPH-D710BST using Tapatalk 2
Last edited by rigel1326; 1st August 2012 at 12:38 AM.
31st July 2012, 07:22 AM   |  #208  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello everyone,

I bought a Epic 4g flashed to Boost mobile around may 2011 and everything worked perfectly up until early july when i i started having problems with my texts messages being received late and some of my calls not coming in. Messages come in hours late sometimes and its mostly when im using my phones internet but when i am home using WIFI texts are perfect and everything comes in at the right time. if i can get any help i would really appreciate it
1st August 2012, 05:24 AM   |  #209  
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Is it safe to update to 4.0.4 with a flashed ep4gt? Just received an alert for the system update.
1st August 2012, 07:07 AM   |  #210  
Flag Vancouver, WA
Thanks Meter: 470

1,877 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fufurufuu

Is it safe to update to 4.0.4 with a flashed ep4gt? Just received an alert for the system update.

Yeah should be fine. There is an ff20 build in the dev section, which is the software for the boost mobile e4gt. Might be worth looking at.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread