Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 47,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can someone build us an OC kernel?

Tip us?

exodus454
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Default Can someone build us an OC kernel?

I know all the players have their respective kernels with basic overclocking built in. I'd LOVE to have a kernel with free/open overclocking through setcpu or a similar app.

I don't know about other kernels but Entropy's has overclocking up to 1.2ghz built in but I still find that to be horribly inadequate. I was running 1.5 stable on the stock rom and it made the whole device eons faster. I'm sick of having to use tegrak because it doesn't work on all the ROMs currently available.

Can anyone pretty please recompile the kernels with voltages and CPU speed unlocked? I know people will probably abuse it, but that's what disclaimers are for!
Galaxy Player 5.0 US - EXODUS kernel, chiprom, 1.5ghz! - currently being unbricked
I747 - Philz CWM, leankernel, pac rom 4.3 nightlies

SirRhor
Old
Thanks Meter 147
What ROM are you using? I've tried every single one compatible for the USA 5.0 version of the SGP, and TegraK has worked with all of them.

Sent from my YP-G70
Quote:
---------------
Currently using: Galaxy Note N7000 with Carbon ROM.

http://rhor.deviantart.com
@SirRhor
---------------

exodus454
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRhor View Post
What ROM are you using? I've tried every single one compatible for the USA 5.0 version of the SGP, and TegraK has worked with all of them.

Sent from my YP-G70
Didn't work on the CM9 roms.. 1.2ghz included in the kernel does, but that's it. Tegrak says device is not supported. It'd also be nice to have native OC support.
Galaxy Player 5.0 US - EXODUS kernel, chiprom, 1.5ghz! - currently being unbricked
I747 - Philz CWM, leankernel, pac rom 4.3 nightlies

mwclark7
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I have the 4.0 using Icy~Fusion ROM and TerraSilent 1.3.5 kernal. I'm using setCPU to overclock and undervolt. Overclock is at 1.2 (highest i can go). My problem is not being able to use the profiles. No profile i set will work. I've been told it's the kernal i'm using. Anyone else seeing this problem? Which kernal would you suggest i use on the 4.0 to get the profiles working?

Bluemgt06
Old
Thanks Meter 7
I know it's not a kernel but you can oc the galaxy player to 1.6 ghz using an app called Tegrak. Only thing is you have to redo the oc after a reboot.

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium