No registration required

Can someone build us an OC kernel?

OP exodus454

29th April 2012, 09:20 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut, United States
Thanks Meter: 44

206 posts
I know all the players have their respective kernels with basic overclocking built in. I'd LOVE to have a kernel with free/open overclocking through setcpu or a similar app.

I don't know about other kernels but Entropy's has overclocking up to 1.2ghz built in but I still find that to be horribly inadequate. I was running 1.5 stable on the stock rom and it made the whole device eons faster. I'm sick of having to use tegrak because it doesn't work on all the ROMs currently available.

Can anyone pretty please recompile the kernels with voltages and CPU speed unlocked? I know people will probably abuse it, but that's what disclaimers are for!
29th April 2012, 09:28 PM   |  #2  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 167

517 posts
More
What ROM are you using? I've tried every single one compatible for the USA 5.0 version of the SGP, and TegraK has worked with all of them.

Sent from my YP-G70
29th April 2012, 09:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Connecticut, United States
Thanks Meter: 44

206 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirRhor

What ROM are you using? I've tried every single one compatible for the USA 5.0 version of the SGP, and TegraK has worked with all of them.

Sent from my YP-G70

Didn't work on the CM9 roms.. 1.2ghz included in the kernel does, but that's it. Tegrak says device is not supported. It'd also be nice to have native OC support.
15th July 2012, 04:48 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

12 posts
I have the 4.0 using Icy~Fusion ROM and TerraSilent 1.3.5 kernal. I'm using setCPU to overclock and undervolt. Overclock is at 1.2 (highest i can go). My problem is not being able to use the profiles. No profile i set will work. I've been told it's the kernal i'm using. Anyone else seeing this problem? Which kernal would you suggest i use on the 4.0 to get the profiles working?
1st August 2012, 03:22 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 11

72 posts
I know it's not a kernel but you can oc the galaxy player to 1.6 ghz using an app called Tegrak. Only thing is you have to redo the oc after a reboot.

Sent from my YP-G70 using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread