[Beta][Updated 8/22/12!] Google Now for the Atrix 2 (With Voice Search!!)!!!!

Search This thread

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Warning: This is only for users who are DEODXED ( ie. Running SCV7) AND on ICS!
Good day to All!!
I can confirm that Google Now works on the Atrix 2!!!

Give a thanks to seedoubleyou for finding the original zip from the 300+ page google now port thread!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bloatware Remover!
This is HIGHLY recommend to flash before installing Google Now. This zip will free up a lot of system space to make more room for the google now installation avoiding many errors.
This will MOVE the following apps to /data/app
Google Plus
Gmail
Facebook
Flashplayer
Warning: You will loose any app data associated with these apps!

DOWNLOAD BLOATWARE REMOVER
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google Now Version 10!
Update 8/22/2012!
In v10 some minor bugs were fixed... links should open more readily and the notifications should appear more often!
This is a NEAR PERFECT working version!
NEW INSTALL Instructions:
You MUST INSTALL V7 FIRST then V9!!
1.) Place google now v7-farshad525hou.zip and Google Now v10 on sdcard
2.) Reboot into BOOTMENU
3.) Wipe Dalvik Cache
4.) Install Zip
5.) Reboot
6.) THEN reboot back into bootmenu
7.) Install V9
8.)Reboot!
DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V7
DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V10
Thanks for Clicking Thanks!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Google Now Remover
For those who do not like the bugs of Google Now I have a zip that will delete it and restore the original ICS search.
Instructions for installing are the same as above:
DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW REMOVER
__________________________________________________________________________________
A HUGE THANKS to the the developers on this thread for porting Google Now! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224
A Huge thanks to seedoubleyou for pointing me to the original thread!
A Huge thanks to cogeary for helping me create flashable zips and taking the time to troubleshoot!!!!

Last edited:

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
Yeah, i'm still fighting only having 14MB free on my /system partition. Are you guys (that got it working) running a deodexed ROM or did you do something else to get more space in there?

Reactions: jainpritesh

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
then there is the answer to the riddle... no full Google Now for me.. unless you have SCV7

marcher233

Feb 24, 2011
Beijing
This is a really great news then, and i wish the FINAL ICS coming soon.....
Appreciate for all the hard works of devs, thank you.

matt99017d

Nov 17, 2011
Camas WA
Warning!: This is only for users on ICS
Good day to All!!
I can confirm (at least on my phone) that Google Now works!! I will not be posting any links until I get this approved by our devs as I've heard some phones don't have enough room in the system partition to install all the lib files. But after fiddling around with it for an hour I got it to work voice search and all. Once I get this approved I will (try to) make a full guide to get this on your phones!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Update 8/2/12*
Alright, now that I have approval of the devs, I will ATTEMPT to make a flashable zip. All you will have to do is boot into bootmenu and flash to get google now! This might take a couple of days as I'm relativly new to creating zips and such. IF I'm not able to make a working zip I will do my BEST to make a comprehensive guide on how to install it manually!
I got it to instal OK. as long as you follow the directions it's not too bad.
Mine is kinda laggy though. Is yours?

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

seedoubleyou

Jul 4, 2009
Warning!: This is only for users on ICS
Good day to All!!
I can confirm (at least on my phone) that Google Now works!! I will not be posting any links until I get this approved by our devs as I've heard some phones don't have enough room in the system partition to install all the lib files. But after fiddling around with it for an hour I got it to work voice search and all. Once I get this approved I will (try to) make a full guide to get this on your phones!!
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Update 8/2/12*
Alright, now that I have approval of the devs, I will ATTEMPT to make a flashable zip. All you will have to do is boot into bootmenu and flash to get google now! This might take a couple of days as I'm relativly new to creating zips and such. IF I'm not able to make a working zip I will do my BEST to make a comprehensive guide on how to install it manually!

Existing flashable zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?p8avdan0jbjacke

I haven't tried it yet

EDIT: CONFIRMED WORKING , booted into custom recovery, flashed, rebooted...

no need to work on this one dude...its already done...

just make sure you're using SCV7 , not stock ICS as you most likely will not have enough room to install..

Last edited:
Reactions: farshad525hou

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Existing flashable zip: http://www.mediafire.com/?p8avdan0jbjacke

I haven't tried it yet

EDIT: CONFIRMED WORKING , booted into custom recovery, flashed, rebooted...

no need to work on this one dude...its already done...

just make sure you're using SCV7 , not stock ICS as you most likely will not have enough room to install..

Thanks for the zip!! I'll post it yo the OP. Do know who made it so I can give credit?

Sent from my MB865 using xda app-developers app

farshad525hou

Dec 13, 2011
Massachusetts
Warning!: This is only for users that are DEODEXED and on ICS
Good day to All!!

*Update 8/3/12*
Alright, seedoubleyou has found a flashable zip that is confirmed to work!!
Instructions:
1.) Reboot into boot menu
2.) Wipe dalvik cache.
3.) Install zip
4.) Reboot!
5.) Enjoy!

-----DOWNLOAD-------
http://www.mediafire.com/?p8avdan0jbjacke
__________________________________________________________________________________
THANKS TO SEEDOUBLEYOU for finding the zip!

Last edited:

alemonte

Apr 13, 2011
Rio de Janeiro
Does the google now voice search have a offline voice recognition language pack? I can´t seem to download any language pack like the jelly bean users can...and does anybody know what languages the offline recognition works with?

ed20910

Jan 23, 2012
Has anyone else lost ability of speech to text? Google now world with speech but i can no longer have speech to text in my texting.

Edit: working again. Post #2653 from original thread,has help that worked for me. Voice now working for all apps.

Last edited:

marquavious

Feb 9, 2011
Only problem I'm experiencing is sometimes Google Now won't speak back but it shows the correct answers. Any fix?

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Warning: This is only for users who are DEODXED ( ie. Running SCV7) AND on ICS!
    Good day to All!!
    I can confirm that Google Now works on the Atrix 2!!!

Give a thanks to seedoubleyou for finding the original zip from the 300+ page google now port thread!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Bloatware Remover!
    This is HIGHLY recommend to flash before installing Google Now. This zip will free up a lot of system space to make more room for the google now installation avoiding many errors.
    This will MOVE the following apps to /data/app
    Google Plus
    Gmail
    Facebook
    Flashplayer
    Warning: You will loose any app data associated with these apps!

DOWNLOAD BLOATWARE REMOVER
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now Version 10!
    Update 8/22/2012!
    In v10 some minor bugs were fixed... links should open more readily and the notifications should appear more often!
    This is a NEAR PERFECT working version!
    NEW INSTALL Instructions:
    You MUST INSTALL V7 FIRST then V9!!
    1.) Place google now v7-farshad525hou.zip and Google Now v10 on sdcard
    2.) Reboot into BOOTMENU
    3.) Wipe Dalvik Cache
    4.) Install Zip
    5.) Reboot
    6.) THEN reboot back into bootmenu
    7.) Install V9
    8.)Reboot!
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V7
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW INSTALLER V10
    Thanks for Clicking Thanks!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Google Now Remover
    For those who do not like the bugs of Google Now I have a zip that will delete it and restore the original ICS search.
    Instructions for installing are the same as above:
    DOWNLOAD GOOGLE NOW REMOVER
    A HUGE THANKS to the the developers on this thread for porting Google Now! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1747224
    A Huge thanks to seedoubleyou for pointing me to the original thread!
    A Huge thanks to cogeary for helping me create flashable zips and taking the time to troubleshoot!!!!
    Updated OP with v10! Couple of minor fixes.. such as more often notifications and fixing some bugs with opening links!
    Just curious, is there any change from v7 to v9.1 other then the updated velvet.apk? Just wondering if I could drop the 9.1 velvet apk into the v7 zip and flash that? Thanks for all your work :)

Its just the apk. You can just drop the V9 apk into V7. Why do you need to do that though ?

Why do I keep having problems?! My problem now is after installing it and I try to do voice search it just sits there with some dots and doesn't do the search.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk
    First try this and report back:
    1.)Open a file maneger (ES File explorer should do... or try Solid Explorer which is way better in my opinion!)
    2.) Navigate to system/usr/srec and make sure that both folders there (config and en-US) have their permissions set to drwxr-xr-x or looks like this

LxiR2.png

3.) If it doesn't change it, if it does leave it alone.
    4.) Reboot into bootmenu
    5.) Go to advanced---> Fix permissions
    6.) Reboot
    IF THAT doesn't work try below and report back

1.) Flash the Google Now Remover
    2.) Reboot
    3.) Wipe Dalvik
    4.) Flash Google Now v7
    5.) Reboot
    6.)Flash Google Now v9
    I am on v7 so do i need to clear the prev version and then install the v8??

No... V8 will overwrite the files from v7