Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Double Tap to Wake on the Nexus 6 Without Root

A few weeks ago, we featured an app which allowed the Nexus 6 to regain the double tap to wake … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Error while creating CWM Backup

OP cgulliver

2nd August 2012, 04:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 63

244 posts
More
I have a rooted VZ GS3 with SU, ROM Manager, some Titanium frozen apps. Wanting to load a ROM but need to backup first. Whenever I attempt to backup with CWM (5.8.4.8) I get "Error while backing up boot image!". There is plenty of space so any idea what I am missing?
3rd August 2012, 12:30 PM   |  #2  
Flag Rialto, Ca
Thanks Meter: 1

33 posts
More
Bump. I'm having the same issue. My Cwm doesn't show my external sdcard either. It used to show internal sdcard and external sdcard but after soft bricking and using Odin to flash a Rom I lost that ability.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
3rd August 2012, 01:21 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
same problem
i also have same problem
3rd August 2012, 02:24 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 28

183 posts
Is that a version of CWM Touch?

I believe this is a common issue, at least when I was having it and researched, and the accepted fix is to use a non-touch CWM. I'd recommend 6.0.1.0 as it has the ability for kexec and ensures you won't have an issue with flashing aftermarket kernels

Sent from my SCH-I535
The Following User Says Thank You to Josolanes For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd August 2012, 04:35 PM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Fort Wayne
Thanks Meter: 3,435

6,189 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josolanes

I believe this is a common issue, at least when I was having it and researched, and the accepted fix is to use a non-touch CWM. I'd recommend 6.0.1.0 as it has the ability for kexec and ensures you won't have an issue with flashing aftermarket kernels

Sent from my SCH-I535

This!
8th August 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #6  
Moderator Committee Developer Committee
Flag Eastern Seaboard
Thanks Meter: 4,768

14,790 posts
More
Verified the issue is with CWM Touch. I reverted to the non-touch version, and I had no issues backing up.
8th August 2012, 04:53 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

34 posts
Try using a different version of CWM touch. I have trouble backing up and restoring with touch too

I have no issues with K-exec CWM http://goo.im/devs/BeansTown106/SGS3...w_recovery.img
8th August 2012, 05:38 PM   |  #8  
Chico, CA
Thanks Meter: 230

594 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josolanes

Sent from my SCH-I535

6.0.1.0 should do it. Also, make sure you are selecting the option to back up to the internal sdcard and not the external. That one took me a few minutes to realize as i don't have a 2nd sd card in my phone.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread