Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 41,499 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tired of Commuter, Any suggestions?

Tip us?

msfguard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
Default Tired of Commuter, Any suggestions?

Ok so ive had the blue/black Otterbox commuter now for a few weeks and I did like it at first but now im just sick of it, makes the phone a little to thick for how often i use it and just has gotten on my nerves, anyone able to recommend something with about the same protection maybe a little bit more thin?

also, ill probably ship this one off to someone when i get a replacment
AT&T HTC One
ROM: AICP Nightly
Settings: 1.9ghz, ART, .5 Animations
Results: Ice Cold!

big70tom
Old
Thanks Meter 144
Felt the same way with my commuter. From what I've red its the thinnest one of that type of case. The tridents look cooler, but myself I just got an incipio feather shine and I love it. Provides more drop protection than you would think, but looks way cool

theking_13
Old
Thanks Meter 1467
Same protection? Get the Incipio Silicrylic case, looks tons better than the Otter box.

If you want a sleeker case overall, get the Seidio Surface case, with kickstand.

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile
Current
HTC One X

White Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

History
HTC G1>Motorola Cliq>HTC Mytouch Slide 3G>Blackberry 8900>LG G-Slate>Samsung Vibrant>LG G2x>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>AT&T HTC One X>AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Xoom>HTC G2>HTC Sensation>Meizu MX>T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Atrix HD>Asus TF101>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>HTC One S>Samsung Galaxy S2

*If I helped you, hit the Thanks button! *

msfguard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
yeah i been eyeballing the seido....hows the grip on it?, if the commuter had grip i could deal with the thickness
AT&T HTC One

theking_13
Old
Thanks Meter 1467
Pretty good, not a glossy finish and the kickstand doesn't add a weird bump like with the Seidio Active. Lmk if you want pics comparing the normal Surface with the Surface kickstand.

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile
Current
HTC One X

White Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

History
HTC G1>Motorola Cliq>HTC Mytouch Slide 3G>Blackberry 8900>LG G-Slate>Samsung Vibrant>LG G2x>Samsung Galaxy Nexus>AT&T HTC One X>AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Xoom>HTC G2>HTC Sensation>Meizu MX>T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S3>Motorola Atrix HD>Asus TF101>iPhone 4S>iPhone 5>HTC One S>Samsung Galaxy S2

*If I helped you, hit the Thanks button! *

msfguard
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 72
sure
AT&T HTC One

UseYourIllusion
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Had a Best Buy gift card so I grabbed that platinum series case/holster combo and I like it. Pretty protective and slimmer than the Commuter for sure.
Disclaimer: The views expressed in my posts are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer, AT&T.

AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 4 Black - Rooted, Foxhound, KTweaker
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note II Grey - Rooted & Perseus Kernel
Past Devices - iPhone 5 Black JB, HTC One X White CM10, HTC One X Black CleanROM, Motorola Atrix HD, iPhone 4S JB, Nokia Lumia 900, Samsung Galaxy S2, iPhone 3GS JB, iPhone 3G JB, Samsung Captivate..Many others, perks of working for the phone company.

KentuckyHouse
Old
Thanks Meter 85
I used to use the Commuter on all my iPhones, but the one for the One X is just too hard to get on and off for me. I wanted a slimmer case that didn't leave the camera lens hanging out the back (and I didn't want to break the bank either). I found this one on eBay and it's fantastic. And only $7.95, too. The seller ships super fast, too (from California to Kentucky in 2 days).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180894387775...84.m1423.l2649

GroovyGeek
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Incipio NGP here. I like the softer feel and the decent protection around the edges. The included screen protector is rather lousy, but you can use the coupon to get XtremeGuard for next to nothing. You will have to cut it down a bit to work well with the ngp and not lift at the edges.

blessedswine
Old
Thanks Meter 24
i havent gotten mine yet for the One X but i ordered the Barely There case by Case Logic, i had it for my Inspire 4g and another for my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, cant wait to get mine for this phone, they are thing light and stay on, they arent going to protect from drops like the commuter but they will keep it from getting scratched to hell on the back.