Tired of Commuter, Any suggestions?

3rd August 2012, 06:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jackson, TN
Thanks Meter: 72

306 posts
More
Ok so ive had the blue/black Otterbox commuter now for a few weeks and I did like it at first but now im just sick of it, makes the phone a little to thick for how often i use it and just has gotten on my nerves, anyone able to recommend something with about the same protection maybe a little bit more thin?

also, ill probably ship this one off to someone when i get a replacment
3rd August 2012, 06:39 AM   |  #2  
Flag Exeter, CA 93221
Thanks Meter: 158

1,096 posts
More
Felt the same way with my commuter. From what I've red its the thinnest one of that type of case. The tridents look cooler, but myself I just got an incipio feather shine and I love it. Provides more drop protection than you would think, but looks way cool
3rd August 2012, 07:56 AM   |  #3  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,467

7,378 posts
More
Same protection? Get the Incipio Silicrylic case, looks tons better than the Otter box.

If you want a sleeker case overall, get the Seidio Surface case, with kickstand.

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile
3rd August 2012, 08:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jackson, TN

306 posts
More
yeah i been eyeballing the seido....hows the grip on it?, if the commuter had grip i could deal with the thickness
3rd August 2012, 08:27 AM   |  #5  
Flag Florida
Thanks Meter: 1,467

7,378 posts
More
Pretty good, not a glossy finish and the kickstand doesn't add a weird bump like with the Seidio Active. Lmk if you want pics comparing the normal Surface with the Surface kickstand.

Sent from my sexy white HTC One X on T-Mobile
3rd August 2012, 08:36 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Jackson, TN

306 posts
More
sure
3rd August 2012, 06:23 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 10

103 posts
Had a Best Buy gift card so I grabbed that platinum series case/holster combo and I like it. Pretty protective and slimmer than the Commuter for sure.
3rd August 2012, 06:58 PM   |  #8  
Flag Lexington
Thanks Meter: 85

382 posts
More
I used to use the Commuter on all my iPhones, but the one for the One X is just too hard to get on and off for me. I wanted a slimmer case that didn't leave the camera lens hanging out the back (and I didn't want to break the bank either). I found this one on eBay and it's fantastic. And only $7.95, too. The seller ships super fast, too (from California to Kentucky in 2 days).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/180894387775...84.m1423.l2649
4th August 2012, 07:36 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 78

510 posts
Incipio NGP here. I like the softer feel and the decent protection around the edges. The included screen protector is rather lousy, but you can use the coupon to get XtremeGuard for next to nothing. You will have to cut it down a bit to work well with the ngp and not lift at the edges.
4th August 2012, 08:11 AM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 25

176 posts
More
i havent gotten mine yet for the One X but i ordered the Barely There case by Case Logic, i had it for my Inspire 4g and another for my Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, cant wait to get mine for this phone, they are thing light and stay on, they arent going to protect from drops like the commuter but they will keep it from getting scratched to hell on the back.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread