No registration required

Defective Tablets from Amazon?

OP gakirby

3rd August 2012, 11:02 PM   |  #11  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2

49 posts
Update
Received tablet number three today from Amazon. This one makes the clicking sound of tablet 2 and has the loose screen of tablet 1. Not sure what to do now.

Do I give up on the Infinity and go to the Nexus 7?
3rd August 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #12  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 14

120 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gakirby

Received tablet number three today from Amazon. This one makes the clicking sound of tablet 2 and has the loose screen of tablet 1. Not sure what to do now.

Do I give up on the Infinity and go to the Nexus 7?

My Nexus 7 had a bad display and died within an hour of unboxing. Just ordered my TF700. Fingers crossed.
3rd August 2012, 11:35 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 21

310 posts
Wow that clicking is serious and that gap is definitely a defect. I'm starting to think I should have kept the first Infinity I had I had only minimal movement from the screen and no click. Hope the second doesn't have any issues. That click is serious lol.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium
4th August 2012, 12:54 AM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 10

155 posts
More
I got mine from Amazon the day after release. No problems that I can tell. Mine probably came from the Phoenix warehouse.

...sent from Infinity
4th August 2012, 01:34 AM   |  #15  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulQ602

I got mine from Amazon the day after release. No problems that I can tell. Mine probably came from the Phoenix warehouse.

...sent from Infinity

Not sure if the warehouses matter but these are mine:
Tablet 1 (loose screen near left dock connector): Fernley, NV
Tablet 2 (the clicking sound shown in the Youtube video): Whitestown, IN
Tablet 3 (slightly less egregious clicking, AND screen loose near dock connector): Breinigsville, PA
Tablet 4 (?): Shipping soon and arriving tomorrow (I guess when you have 3 defective products they pay extra for Saturday delivery)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eroc162

Wow that clicking is serious and that gap is definitely a defect. I'm starting to think I should have kept the first Infinity I had I had only minimal movement from the screen and no click. Hope the second doesn't have any issues. That click is serious lol.

Sent from my LG-P999 using xda premium

I'm feeling the same way. My first tablet with the loose screen (but no clicking) and the scratches it arrived with is starting to look pretty attractive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robsw

My Nexus 7 had a bad display and died within an hour of unboxing. Just ordered my TF700. Fingers crossed.

Hope you have better luck!
4th August 2012, 02:05 AM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 0

55 posts
yikes...i just ordered mine today. Ill post back with the results. Thanks for the heads up!
4th August 2012, 02:14 AM   |  #17  
Flag MA, USA
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
my unit came from amazon. no scratches. no clicks. no big hairy flies gnawing at my fingers. file under "lucky", i guess (hoping i'm not jinxing it!).

fwiw,
doody!
4th August 2012, 03:09 AM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 133

760 posts
canceled my order from amazon
4th August 2012, 12:09 PM   |  #19  
Thanks Meter: 35

522 posts
Bought mine from amazon.de, which had screen separation and a dead love of pixels after a day, told them and they sent a new one a hour later. I currently have 2 until they send me packaging for the old one haha XD but the new one is perfect condition.very impressed with the service, but less so with the fact they are even sending out dodgy units. Our of interest what serial batch are yours, mine are both c7.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app
4th August 2012, 04:41 PM   |  #20  
OP Member

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ishamm

Bought mine from amazon.de, which had screen separation and a dead love of pixels after a day, told them and they sent a new one a hour later. I currently have 2 until they send me packaging for the old one haha XD but the new one is perfect condition.very impressed with the service, but less so with the fact they are even sending out dodgy units. Our of interest what serial batch are yours, mine are both c7.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using XDA Premium HD app

First tablet: c6
Second tablet: c7
Third tablet: c7
Fourth tablet: showing up in the next few hours

I am very impressed with Amazon's service. This most recent tablet was overnighted with Saturday delivery, which is far from cheap.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread