Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[DEAD][MOD][ICS] Google Now for ICS -Updated for Multi-Language (4 Feb 13) [DEAD]

OP cajunflavoredbob

4th August 2012, 01:49 AM   |  #2851  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 516

2,203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikc0069

I'm running it on a One X and I get the double take before the blue bar even starts - I've seen the blue bar and had autocomplete on an actual JB rom, so I think this adds more credence to the fact that it is a unique factor to certain installs.

So it seems to be working on faster Samsung an Motorola handsets but not HTCs? Are these HTCs running sense? Or am I barking up the wrong tree? Its late on a Fri after all

About auto complete do you mean it automatically should take you to the application? It only did this once for me and never again.
HTC DROID incredible running cm9, I actually haven't tested this feature on our jelly bean port. I

bOx Stash - https://www.box.com/shared/d8a46b7252c38069deb1
4th August 2012, 01:50 AM   |  #2852  
Thanks Meter: 10

78 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycayir

I can also confirm it is working on my Sensation Z710e withViperS 1.1.0. I tried few different ways but only way I could get it working (according to nice instruction on few treads back) was editing permissions. When I had all folders in LennoxPackage.zip coppied into appropriate folders in the phone, I had to go through these coppied folders and change ALL FOLDER permission to rwxr-xr-x and ALL FILE permissions including the velvet.apk to rw-r--r--.
It is bit time consuming and I am not claiming this will work for everybody but this is only way I could get it working. I hope it will be some help for some or all of you.

Thanks for listening and searching through the thread

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app
Last edited by joeshmoe4414; 4th August 2012 at 01:53 AM.
4th August 2012, 01:52 AM   |  #2853  
Thanks Meter: 13

93 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddy96

Sadly mine isn't flawless after all. After only doing the microphone on the home screen search bar to do any searches and they always auto-completed after coming back to the phone 15-20 minutes later I tried to set an alarm (which is how I was testing it prevously) and the bar only got to 85% or so complete and then double flashed again.

So it seems (at least on the U.S. version of the Galaxy S3) if you kill Google Search you can get auto-complete to work for awhile and only if you just tap the search microphone on the home screen, but at some point in time it quits working. I don't know if it is possible that Now self loads (to give you cards etc...) at some point and time on the phone and that is what reverts it somehow.

At least to me though it is clear that at least on the S3 something to do with the actual Now App causes the "double flash" to stop the auto-complete. For me at least if I am simply doing a voice search with the microphone on the home screen, it gives you just the white box (with red microphone icon flashing at the top right as you speak and the braille looking typing at the bottom until it deciphers always at least attempts the blue bar all the time, and auto-complete in the first 10-15 minutes after you kill google search and start over.

If I do a voice search within the app I never get the blue bar even starting. I get the nothing showing bug, and then the double flash which brings it up.

So if the person that put the double flash in there could maybe put programming in distinguishing between when you are using the little box I was talking about above and then not do the double flash, but then allow the double flash when actually in the app. At least then we could probably get partial auto-complete working if you search from the search bar on the home screen.

My experience on the Moto Bionic on ics leak 232. I also did the force close and also did reboots. I also see the blue bar which I've never really seen before that I can remember but it does start to load but quits around 80 percent. I have never been able to make the autocomplete work. I did notice that after I reboot that I had a card automatically show up right away in the notification bar for a baseball game in progress. Maybe is possible under different situations that even if you tried to force close the google process it just automatically restarts itself right away.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda premium
4th August 2012, 02:23 AM   |  #2854  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Central Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 2,137

2,906 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickdaddy96

Sadly mine isn't flawless after all. After only doing the microphone on the home screen search bar to do any searches and they always auto-completed after coming back to the phone 15-20 minutes later I tried to set an alarm (which is how I was testing it prevously) and the bar only got to 85% or so complete and then double flashed again.

So it seems (at least on the U.S. version of the Galaxy S3) if you kill Google Search you can get auto-complete to work for awhile and only if you just tap the search microphone on the home screen, but at some point in time it quits working. I don't know if it is possible that Now self loads (to give you cards etc...) at some point and time on the phone and that is what reverts it somehow.

At least to me though it is clear that at least on the S3 something to do with the actual Now App causes the "double flash" to stop the auto-complete. For me at least if I am simply doing a voice search with the microphone on the home screen, it gives you just the white box (with red microphone icon flashing at the top right as you speak and the braille looking typing at the bottom until it deciphers always at least attempts the blue bar all the time, and auto-complete in the first 10-15 minutes after you kill google search and start over.

If I do a voice search within the app I never get the blue bar even starting. I get the nothing showing bug, and then the double flash which brings it up.

So if the person that put the double flash in there could maybe put programming in distinguishing between when you are using the little box I was talking about above and then not do the double flash, but then allow the double flash when actually in the app. At least then we could probably get partial auto-complete working if you search from the search bar on the home screen.

I've noticed the exact same thing but I thought I was crazy and it was just being random..
The Following User Says Thank You to homeslice976 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 02:48 AM   |  #2855  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement
Thanks Meter: 6,811

9,608 posts
More
Tutorial Google Now flashable zips with Noob-friendly instructions
Head to the first post for any updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-03-15-24-15.jpg
Views:	67341
Size:	29.3 KB
ID:	1244365   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-03-15-24-21.jpg
Views:	56757
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	1244366   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-08-03-23-11-25.jpg
Views:	74636
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	1244367  
Attached Files
File Type: apk M7-Velvet.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.13 MB, 45975 views)
File Type: apk M7inverted-Velvet.apk - [Click for QR Code] (4.50 MB, 15777 views)
Last edited by cajunflavoredbob; 17th February 2013 at 03:14 PM.
The Following 542 Users Say Thank You to cajunflavoredbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 02:51 AM   |  #2856  
Thanks Meter: 102

491 posts
More
Edit: links work.
Last edited by Kevets; 4th August 2012 at 02:58 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kevets For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 02:56 AM   |  #2857  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevets

Eep, your links don't work.

They were still uploading. Should be finished now. They're in my Dropbox for fast downloading and no ads.
The Following User Says Thank You to cajunflavoredbob For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 03:03 AM   |  #2858  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga

2,203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

They were still uploading. Should be finished now. They're in my Dropbox for fast downloading and no ads.

Will this overwrite previous Google now residue? Don't wanna dirty flash to re get my memory and clear some up.

4th August 2012, 03:08 AM   |  #2859  
OP Senior Member
Flag Your Basement

9,608 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by withbloodskies

Will this overwrite previous Google now residue? Don't wanna dirty flash to re get my memory and clear some up.

If you already have it working, there's no reason to use this. It's nothing different. Just easier for new users to install it.
4th August 2012, 03:16 AM   |  #2860  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga

2,203 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cajunflavoredbob

If you already have it working, there's no reason to use this. It's nothing different. Just easier for new users to install it.

Ahh well to confirm it does work.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android, google now, ics, mod, read the op noobs!
Previous Thread Next Thread