[Q] AT&T $50 Prepaid Unlimited - Smartphone Data Working Included??

OP johnsoto85

29th June 2012, 07:51 PM   |  #31  
Recognized Themer
Flag Cebu
Thanks Meter: 3,200

8,240 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskay89

I be in the US in a few days so will be able to give this a go and let you know results.

From what I have gathered combined with assumption/educated guess:

AT&T obviously will have all of the IMEI numbers for the phones they stock/have stocked.

They could (if it's possible) also have the IMEI's of other providers GSM stock in the US.

But I highly doubt they would have IMEI's of handsets that they do not/have not stocked, that would take A LOT of work.

During the online registration of GoPhone SIM cards, AT&T asks for the IMEI of the phone you want to use. Apparently you can just type 111111111111111 (1 x 15) and it will accept it.

Again all just theory, but I think the general consensus is that if it's not a phone that AT&T sell/sold, meaning they don't have the IMEI, that you will get away with it.

we have a wide range of databases in siebel and mycsp (inter-company databases)
we know all the phones we shipped and all the connections from companies using our service,
we have access for tech support and savedesk (customer svc), but general sales support does not have such tools to check such databases
29th June 2012, 08:37 PM   |  #32  
Account currently disabled
Miami, FloriDuh
Thanks Meter: 82

235 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathnotice01

we have a wide range of databases in siebel and mycsp (inter-company databases)
we know all the phones we shipped and all the connections from companies using our service,
we have access for tech support and savedesk (customer svc), but general sales support does not have such tools to check such databases

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the gophone $50 plan for MediaNet?
18th July 2012, 08:17 AM   |  #33  
Thanks Meter: 0

10 posts
I have the HTC One X, purchased and unlocked in the United Kingdom. Would AT&T have the IMEI range that would include this phone? I know that they'll have the records for all phones they stocked and those sold on other US networks, but what about those from the UK and Europe? Can I just bring my phone over, slot in the $50 Unlimited SIM and go from there with data access?
18th July 2012, 02:42 PM   |  #34  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 2,634

8,912 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10xOXR

I have the HTC One X, purchased and unlocked in the United Kingdom. Would AT&T have the IMEI range that would include this phone? I know that they'll have the records for all phones they stocked and those sold on other US networks, but what about those from the UK and Europe? Can I just bring my phone over, slot in the $50 Unlimited SIM and go from there with data access?

They won't know. If they ask you for the IMEI, give it to them but tell them it's some Samsung flip phone or something. Because I've heard they ask people for the IMEI and device type now. Other than that you should be fine.
19th July 2012, 03:52 AM   |  #35  
Thanks Meter: 128

2,452 posts
More
Can I use a euro unlocked pre2 on this with 3g speeds? $50 unlimited?
4th August 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #36  
Thanks Meter: 194

1,435 posts
So I could use this plan on my T-Mobile amaze and get 3G unlimited data?how about 4G? Thanks!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app
4th August 2012, 05:20 PM   |  #37  
Flag Wichita KS
Thanks Meter: 263

1,917 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesaman2012

So I could use this plan on my T-Mobile amaze and get 3G unlimited data?how about 4G? Thanks!!!

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using xda app-developers app

4G is really just a faster form of T-Mobile's 3G. It uses the same technology. It may not hit the 42Mbps speeds that T-Mobile hits but it should still hit 21Mbps IIRC. I think that's part of the reason AT&T is deploying LTE.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrObvious For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th August 2012, 11:30 PM   |  #38  
Flag Coal Hill, Arkansas
Thanks Meter: 45

336 posts
More
Wonder if the red be a way to call in to at&t and say w.e phone ur using now is broken, say ur using a non 4g phone for and to activate your data then re-swap the sim back if data would still work or not?

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
at&t, data, prepaid, smart phone
Previous Thread Next Thread