5,603,591 Members 36,084 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

When WebOS

Tip us?

n1nj4Lo
Old
Thanks Meter 163
Bumping for interest and the sake of prosperity for our mighty HD2...

Face it Meego is going nowhere slow, if anywhere at all... With the announcements of nokia going to wp. Ubuntu is making very small but slow baby steps...

So why not stir up a craze that'd baffle the internet media once again with the viral power of what the HD2 can do?

It's been ported to many other HTC devices so why not our HD2? We can't just let it die with millions of android and wp builds and lack of interest in other projects such as linux and meego, so I only see one other hurdle to jump that being WebOS.

Spaqin
Old
Thanks Meter 82
Well, we'd have to find someone, who could port it... If I wasn't a total failure when it comes to programming and stuff, maybe I could do it :x

The difference between Android and other OSes is Android is popular and it's rather easy to cook a ROM... But here, we'd have to work from scratch. And nobody wants that. Shame on you, community, shame!
Siemens C25 -> Nokia 3510i -> Nokia 6610 -> Nokia 6103 -> HTC Artemis -> HTC HD2 + iPod Touch 3G
My lovely Leo:
Radio: 2.15.50
HSPL 2.08
WP7 HD2O + ParanoidAndroid JB

n1nj4Lo
Old
(Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 19th July 2012 at 01:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 163
The only thing I see possibly coming next for the HD2 is WP8 (Maybe, if it's possible or at WP7.8) I rather hate WP and still love my huge variety of apps and customability with WM... I'm doing Win95 on it, Boxmax SD XDAndroid Sense and Ubuntu...

I don't see why or how it'd be so hard if so many other HTC's have it running already, get the closest build with matching spec's between the HTC HD2 and whatever HTC is remotely similar to our in hardware, edit it for Android maybe and change the drivers of the HTC (In question) to the HTC HD2 in code by similarity of Android builds for HD2. On a side note, I read that the HTC Evo 4G is the same phone as the HD2 on XDA, so if we could find a WebOS Build for that we'd be off to a good start. Then onto the debugging and next step is glory.

If I knew anything about coding and cooking I'd give it a whack, but I don't know much about it.

SoundSurfer
Old
Thanks Meter 9
+1 on WebOS on the HD2...

I have it on the Touchpad and I love it!
HTC HD2
HP Touchpad 16gb
HP Pre 3
Nexus 4

jeffmcc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheATHEiST View Post
What has WebOS got to do with Ubuntu?
They are both Linux based operating systems...that's why
owner of an htc p4351 and a Palm Pre

panduola
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo View Post
Bumping for interest and the sake of prosperity for our mighty HD2...

Face it Meego is going nowhere slow, if anywhere at all... With the announcements of nokia going to wp. Ubuntu is making very small but slow baby steps...

So why not stir up a craze that'd baffle the internet media once again with the viral power of what the HD2 can do?

It's been ported to many other HTC devices so why not our HD2? We can't just let it die with millions of android and wp builds and lack of interest in other projects such as linux and meego, so I only see one other hurdle to jump that being WebOS.

tanush
Old
Thanks Meter 27
but why do we even need a webOS?

its btr we try something like win 8 and do the impossible

LordYuuki
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanush View Post

because webOS is opensource and Windows 8 is not..

n1nj4Lo
Old
(Last edited by n1nj4Lo; 5th August 2012 at 06:23 AM.)
Thanks Meter 163
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanush View Post

Windows 8 is Windows 7 and we did that already, we'd just be spinning our wheels or going backwards then instead of moving forward with bootable os'es.

If you want Windows 8 so bad on your HD2 hunt around for a 7.8 rom, closest you'll prolly get. Anyways you could get in a whole lot more trouble cooking an OS/Rom onto an unsupported phone that hasn't even been released yet to normal consumer users yet.

WebOS would be great those who aren't ready for Android or don't want it and those who don't like WP, but desire something other than WinMo 6.5.

domenukk
Old
Thanks Meter 24
WebOS is dead...
Still would love to see a new OS once in a while. +1 for WebOS, +1 for MeeGo, +1 for Firefox OS (or whatsisname)