[Q] Xperia S' screen problems

Search This thread

alexferdean

Jun 13, 2012
Galati
I have the yellow tint, but I cannot take the phone back because I bought it 2nd hand. Will it be worse, or it will fade away in time? Should I change my display?
Thank you!

---------- Post added at 08:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:26 AM ----------

Guys I have my faulty yellow tint screen and after 3 months of usage now its gone at 41'c temperature The more u use the yellow tint goes away B-)

Are you sure, I am hoping for this. I think the glue is the problem.

ankuu99

Oct 12, 2009
hey guys, i have one doubt, i bought my xperia s two days back, and soon after using it for a while i realised that the "white" color being shown isn't pure white, it's very dull, somewhat like cream, do you guys have the same white color production or is it just me and i need to get it replaced?

awaiting for ur fast replies..

G

GuestD0071

hey guys, i have one doubt, i bought my xperia s two days back, and soon after using it for a while i realised that the "white" color being shown isn't pure white, it's very dull, somewhat like cream, do you guys have the same white color production or is it just me and i need to get it replaced?

awaiting for ur fast replies..

I have an xperia play and white is white but with xperia s all the colors seems more yellowish. Not the yellow tint yet.
I have noticed the warmers colors as soon as I turned it on.

I have the yellow gradient bottom too.

Despite this little issues this phone is amazing.

Last edited:

ankuu99

Oct 12, 2009
I have an xperia play and white is white but with xperia s all the colors seems more yellowish. Not the yellow tint yet.
I have noticed the warmers colors i son i turned it on.

I have the yellow gradient bottom too.

Despite this little issues this phone is amazing.
so i guess the screen is fine it's just the way it is meant to be displayed. but anyway i will take it to the serviece center to get it confirmed from them.

And ofcourse this phone is super amazing!!

dibdin

Mar 6, 2012
Kent
From what I have read on other forums as well as this one is that the yellow gradient is quite normal, and I have the yellow gradient on all 5 that I have had. My current XS has no yellow tint as such, though when I am outside I notice that my display has a yellowish look to it, compared to say when I am indoors when it has a whiter look to it. I certainly have noticed that depending on the lighting in a particular room, very much depends on how white the screen is.

Anyone else noticed the same thing?

graffus

Jan 24, 2012
i have a little doubt:

i never rooted my phone but i flashed it with flashtools since it was french and i’m italian so i changed to italian OS, and then to the 4.0.4 generic ICS.

Now i’m experiencing the yellow tint so: can i take my phone to the assistence not being warried about warranty (i know it is an hardware problem) or my operations with flashtools etc. can cause some problems with warranty?

thanks a lot guys!

makeitrainnn

Apr 27, 2012
Hi guys, has anyone here bought Xperia S just this July? is the yellow tint issue still an issue? :( and how can we determine the batch numbers for this device? A reply would be much appreciated. :)

Thank you

G

GuestD0071

I have heated my phone to 55°C i have no stains. Just the gradient at the bottom. I doesnt seem getting worse but is more noticeable in grey background than pure white. Can someone post some pictures of the newest screens

Sent from my LT26i

Last edited:

mehdi110z

Jan 12, 2011
Hi guys, has anyone here bought Xperia S just this July? is the yellow tint issue still an issue? :( and how can we determine the batch numbers for this device? A reply would be much appreciated. :)

Thank you

I bought it in July from Clove and so far I don't find yellow color (fyi my mob batch is ACAC 12w19) I don't think yellow tint is still issue because most probably new batches are already fixed. Just open the back cover, you can find the batch number there.

rhogz

Mar 30, 2011
Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!

rhogz

Mar 30, 2011
And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s

radheck

May 4, 2011
Dial *#*#7378423#*#* go to service info > software info, if your touch firmware is 6 you don't have to worry. All AC versions including yours doesn't or will not have yellow spots ir tints.

nokia 3310 > sony ericsson t250i > nokia 5530 > htc wildfire > sony ericsson xperia play > sony xperia s

Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey everyone,

I'm writing this info to help as asked by "alsaqr", very nice guy. :)

I bought the Rogers's version. I do not have the yellow tint problem. Here's the following information on the device.

The number is 6 for Touch Firmware
    The letters above the 12W14 are ABAE

I hope this helps. :)
    Good Job SONY!

Batch ACAC 12W22, Anyone else got this ? Hows your screen ?

All AC doesn't have yellow tint/screen issue. I can confirm it because I have ACAG, my phone is 3 weeks old and I'm playing HD games like MC3, N.O.V.A. 3, Sahdowgun etc.. to the point that my phone reaches (I think the hottest temperature) but no yellow tint/spots/screen issues. :good: thumbs up for SONY!
    Thanks , I have touch firmware number 6 , so i dont have to worry as you say. thanks again.

No problem glad to help you! You can hit thanks :)

And what about ACAE 12W23 , in black ?

Just wanted to let people in the US know that Global Mobiles have phones in stock through Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007HHOEKG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Those should be the new batch.