What heaphones are everyone using?

8th August 2012, 02:44 AM   |  #51  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 887

1,587 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak

S3 --> HeadAmp PICO USB DAC/Amp --> Beyerdynamic T5p. Audio heaven, or at least it will be next week when the T5p and PICO arrive.

Up until then S3 --> FiiO E7 --> Sennheiser HD25-1 II or ACS T15.

I have the FiiO e7 desktop amp too, and it's great except for one major problem: with two inputs going in through a Y-connector stero hub, when one plays a sound, it drops the volume of the combined audio for both. (Not really the amp's fault, though)

Does anyone make a powered 3.5mm stereo hub that'll keep the same volume level no matter how many lines are connected?
8th August 2012, 04:55 AM   |  #52  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 8

103 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZtechfreak

Man, I like my Q701s, but would not be a headphone I'd recommend for phone use at all. Too hard to drive to be usable without a headphone amp for me, and being open backed makes them entirely inappropriate for on-the-go use (which presumably is what most S3 music listeners will be doing a fair amount of).

Not just slightly hard to drive especially for the GS3 and open back, but also like I stated it is too big lol and looks weird in public, also slightly heavy, and the leather band ruins my hairstyle especially if I have it spiky (band nubs digging into my head is not really an issue for me as my hair is very thick...)
8th August 2012, 05:25 AM   |  #53  
Thanks Meter: 7

13 posts
I just picked up at pair of the Bose MIE2's.....they are very good
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdl2mtl90

Never thought the higher end earbuds were worth it until I got a great deal on some Bose IE2 headphones. Awesome sound quality. Thinking about picking up a set of the new MIE2 headphones (for music and phone calls).

I just grabbed a pair of the MIE2's with the mic and earfins and they fit and sound excellent. Also the mic works which is what I need!
8th August 2012, 05:37 AM   |  #54  
Thanks Meter: 933

2,403 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mms6

Not just slightly hard to drive especially for the GS3 and open back, but also like I stated it is too big lol and looks weird in public, also slightly heavy, and the leather band ruins my hairstyle especially if I have it spiky (band nubs digging into my head is not really an issue for me as my hair is very thick...)

I find them ultra-comfortable, and nothing about my hair style deserves preserving, so neither of those are bothers for me. I will readily admit that it is not normal to feel comfortable wearing full-size cans in public though, even though I do

Main issue for me is actually the sound leakage for on the go use (since the hard-to-drive bit I can take care of with the PICO).
Last edited by NZtechfreak; 8th August 2012 at 11:53 PM.
8th August 2012, 06:50 PM   |  #55  
Thanks Meter: 0

14 posts
More
Bought a pair of these a while back from some opinions read elsewhere and have been very pleased. Great bang for your buck.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-.../dp/B0038W0K1G
13th August 2012, 02:58 AM   |  #56  
Thanks Meter: 82

178 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J00ky

Bought a pair of these a while back from some opinions read elsewhere and have been very pleased. Great bang for your buck.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics-.../dp/B0038W0K1G

nice link! i was really looking for earphones with braided cable. at the moment, I'm using Creative WP-350 Bluetooth headphone... sounds quite awesome, but kinda regretted buying it just a few weeks before WP-450 model is out....
13th August 2012, 05:00 PM   |  #57  
Dallas
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
More
Stock headphones here. I am pretty impressed with the sound.
13th August 2012, 08:26 PM   |  #58  

12 posts
Yuin PK3s for when im out and about. Audio-Technica ATH-M50S otherwise.

Pretty happy with how well this phone drives the ATH-M50S.
13th August 2012, 10:30 PM   |  #59  

25 posts
The NOCS NS-200H's sound good and all buttons work on the S3.
http://www.amazon.com/NOCS-NS200H-00.../ref=pd_cp_e_1
14th August 2012, 03:37 AM   |  #60  
Flag Tri-State
Thanks Meter: 61

622 posts
More
I switch it up between my Phonak PFEs, Meelec CC51Ps and AKG K450 on a daily basis for my mobile listening. Once in awhile Ill use my AKG K240s

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread