[ROM][RELEASE]BLACKICE kangorade 40.5 (7/08/12)

Search This thread

Andrew345

Jul 19, 2012
McAllen
I haven't been able to get my data signal fixed either...i flashed new FD02 radios and not even that fixed the problem. anyone know how to fix this?

I'm loving this ROM, its a sick ROM and by far one of the best ive used but...its just frustrating that i cant get my signal to work. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the Dev though.

Any solution or help would be greatly appreciated.

G

GuestD0701

I haven't been able to get my data signal fixed either...i flashed new FD02 radios and not even that fixed the problem. anyone know how to fix this?

I'm loving this ROM, its a sick ROM and by far one of the best ive used but...its just frustrating that i cant get my signal to work. I'm sure this has nothing to do with the Dev though.

Newest radio is FG01 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1776755 Much better than others. But that's not your problem unless u flashed a bad radio zip in recovery. I used build 40 the other day and all was good. Here's my install process: wipe cache, delvik cache, system, data, flash rom, gapps, wipe cache & delvik cache flash kernel, fix permissions and reboot. There are outages everywhere right now w/ Sprint. Call em they will tell u. Sux. Try another kernel. I use Trinity most of the time... I suggest grabbing a ics kernel and installing. If you have issues you can msg me, ill be glad to answer anything I can. Sorry just saw this. This is by far one of the best roms made! The dev will no doubt have a killer JB version up soon. A very bad ass rom indeed! Check your inbox.

CM10 Skankadocious w/Trinity under the hood.

Last edited:
G

GuestD0701

TeamIceMods will be having a JB page up soon, and they should have some news for us. AOKP is moving on to JB so no reason to think Travp won't make us a BlackJelly ROM!

http://teamicemods.com/

" 04civicon20s, on 09 July 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:
Trav, thank you very much for an incredible run with BIce. Hope you continue w/JB now

Trav ----- Ssssh don't tell anyone were already working on it!!!!

To add to C post.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Will there be a black ice for jelly Bean OS

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Looks like they are already working on it. This rom is a beast with all the options I'm sure its a timely process to build. As specially with the new Android...

Last edited:

Andrew345

Jul 19, 2012
McAllen
Newest radio is FG01 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1776755 Much better than others. But that's not your problem unless u flashed a bad radio zip in recovery. I used build 40 the other day and all was good. Here's my install process: wipe cache, delvik cache, system, data, flash rom, gapps, wipe cache & delvik cache flash kernel, fix permissions and reboot. There are outages everywhere right now w/ Sprint. Call em they will tell u. Sux. Try another kernel. I use Trinity most of the time... I suggest grabbing a ics kernel and installing. If you have issues you can msg me, ill be glad to answer anything I can. Sorry just saw this. This is by far one of the best roms made! The dev will no doubt have a killer JB version up soon. A very bad ass rom indeed! Check your inbox.

CM10 Skankadocious w/Trinity under the hood.

Thanks, I actually just downloaded the FG01 radios from sextape yesterday and was very impressed. i also flashed the rom and everything else in the exact same order you posted. (with build 40.5, FG01 Radios, and Trinity Kernal) and well, everything seemed to work fine untill the reboot. data signal was lost again..=/

I've been hearing that the problem goes away with build 39, already downloaded it, im gonna flash it and let you guys know how it goes.

(cant wait till BlackBean/BlackJelly is up! =D)

Andrew345

Jul 19, 2012
McAllen
Well after using build 39 all day, it is safe to say that I am no longer having issues with my data signal, its always there and never drops, even after reboots, or switching on and off from airplane mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

1Brite1

Jun 17, 2010

Okay, I figured it out for me. Basically after some trouble shooting, what I found out is that USB debugging is automatically set, but it doesn't show it on notification bar. Also, when you go into Settings/Storage, there is no check mark on either MTP or PTP. So, I unselected the USB and then went back to Storage and selected MTP and magically my connection appeared! I have tried this several times and that is the problem/solution. The only downfall for me, is that I have a lot of APPS that I wanted to have automatically re-download from Google Server, but it won't allow that because you can't sign on like usual.

I hope this helps. Have a great day.

Reactions: Andrew345

1homeboi

Jul 1, 2012
JACKSON
www.1homepro.com
Dont stop there!!

newest radio is fg01 here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1776755 much better than others. But that's not your problem unless u flashed a bad radio zip in recovery. I used build 40 the other day and all was good. Here's my install process: Wipe cache, delvik cache, system, data, flash rom, gapps, wipe cache & delvik cache flash kernel, fix permissions and reboot. There are outages everywhere right now w/ sprint. Call em they will tell u. Sux. Try another kernel. I use trinity most of the time... I suggest grabbing a ics kernel and installing. If you have issues you can msg me, ill be glad to answer anything i can. Sorry just saw this. This is by far one of the best roms made! The dev will no doubt have a killer jb version up soon. A very bad ass rom indeed! Check your inbox.

Cm10 skankadocious w/trinity under the hood.

if you find the answer please pass it along......

nexusphreez

Dec 14, 2007
I love this ROM. It is extremely fast. props to everyone involved in deving it. I just have a question. Has anyone else had issues with extreme lag when trying to use web browsers or even YouTube? Suddenly everything will just slow to a crawl. It doesn't clear up until i go to manage apps and force stop the browser app. I'm not sure if it's just something with my phone or with the ics roms, or even with the mason kernel. Any help would be great thanks.

Also, i have done searches for this issue, but as the symptoms are kind of non specific it's hard to find anything that fits my description.
Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

nexusphreez

Dec 14, 2007
Wow guys, i feel like a complete idiot now. Your right.. I'm surprised it works as well as it does on my evo.. I'm not even sure how i ended up getting and burning this ROM... Hope i didn't waste any ones time on this.

Sent from my PC36100 using xda app-developers app

frogger55

Jan 17, 2011
This is great news. Have missed this rom.

So from the download link I'm guessing the flashing goes likes this:

Full wipe - flash rom & regular gapps - reboot phone and sign in - flash black gapps - and now flash Trav's black Gmail as it isn't in the gapps. Is this last bit right?

G

GuestD0701

This is great news. Have missed this rom.

So from the download link I'm guessing the flashing goes likes this:

Full wipe - flash rom & regular gapps - reboot phone and sign in - flash black gapps - and now flash Trav's black Gmail as it isn't in the gapps. Is this last bit right?

I tried flashing a few times and wouldn't boot. Shows Google logo, then goes black and stays black.

Download was slow. I dled 3 times and was slow every time.. idk if my dl may have been jacked up or what. Anybody else flash?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I take no credit for this work at all!!!! I am simply posting a link to the o.p. over at ACS forums. thanks to the whole team for allowing me to post this over here.

42575b2d-aeff-d356.jpg

All credit goes to travp624 and TEAM ICE.

BIG THANKS TO:
    Travp624
    Flyers2114
    TEAM ICE MOD
    ACS
    TEAM KANG
    QBKING77 (videos)
    If I'm missing anyone plz let me know.

special thanks (for me)
    Everyone over at the o.g. epic forums. I wouldn't be here right now without them.
    Qbking77
    I wouldn't be here without his awesome videos either.

HOW TO:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2vhfzq44Y
    REVIEW:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXb1egG21k

USE GOO!!!!
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.s0up.goomanager

Or:

DOWNLOAD/CHANGE LOG/INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS:

http://forums.acsyndicate.net/showthread.php?p=19927

GAPPS:
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip

Masturmods apk ( thx brianbgrb)

http://icemod.us.to/mmsettings/MasturModsSettings.apk

42575b34-2555-0130.jpg

42575882-f646-457f.jpg

42575882-f65c-e715.jpg

42575882-f66f-9eb1.jpg

42575882-f685-0a50.jpg

42575882-f69d-e571.jpg

42575882-f6b7-170f.jpg

42575882-f6c9-5de8.jpg

42575882-f6da-f045.jpg

PLZ HIT THANKS
    How to install:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2vhfzq44Y

Review video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRXb1egG21k

Hope everyone likes them... This rom is awesome!
    Cool wonder what the added to 38?

Sent From My Sprint Black Ice Galaxy Nexus

Change log:

reverted tablet nav bar button padding change (back to stock ics padding now)
    fix SMS/BT crash bug when no msgs exist
    reworked lockscreen music layout to be cleaner
    fix ugly gradient on dark holo background
    added AOKP Tips widget
    added statusbar autohide for tablets (for apps that need full screen)
    added support for more lockscreen targets (2-8 options, your choice)
    cleaned up octo lockscreen layout
    fixed certain FCs with RC related to weather
    Mms: fixed stripping certain Polish characters
    decreased size of custom lockscreen apps to match other icons
    statusbar brightness enabled by default after you wipe (sliding thumb across statusbar to change brightness)
    added statusbar notification counter (RC > Statusbar General > Notification Counter)
    new AOKP boot animation from @rascarlo
    Out of range Bluetooth devices won't show up anymore in Settings Browser: added option to close all other tabs (besides current)
    Fixed data toggle
    Removed requirement to reboot when toggling keyboard switcher (IME switcher) in statusbar
    added nav bar widgets (to enable, go to nav bar settings > add toggle widgets as one of your nav bar actions/ long press actions, then add widgets -- be sure to add at least 2 for best experience)
    as always, tons of fixes for devices and other backend fixes!

These are changes in AOKP38 and may or may not be merged into this rom

Sent from my Xoom using Tapatalk 2
    SOON!!!! ;)

Wanted to let everyone know Verizon is running a 50% off sale on Gnex extended battery 2100. It works fine on sprint phone and also the stock back fits on perfectly. I have the defender case and it also fits perfectly. Now I can spend more time on my black ice powered Gnex :D forgot to say battery is 25.00

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus CDMA using Tapatalk 2