5,596,128 Members 33,384 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Poetic Keybook Case & Poetic Slimbook Leather Case Reviews. Pics Included.

Tip us?

ExploreMN
Old
Thanks Meter 459
I just got the poetic keybook. Typing this response on it. The smaller keyboard makes me feel like I'm back on my Timex Sinclair 1000, but overall not too bad. I love that the keyboard can be easily removed if you know you don't need it on a particular day. Even without the keyboard the case is still a little bulky though. Easy access to the port and the camera isn't affected. I would give it 3.5 to 4 stars out of 5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
Network: Family Mobile (T-Mobile)
Current Devices:Galaxy Note 8.0 , Galaxy Nexus GSM/HSPA+, Nexus 7 (2012), Kindle Touch
Other/Family Devices: Samsung Galaxy S II, iPhone 3GS, iPad 2
Previous Phones: Evo 3D, Epic 4G, , Evo 4G, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Intercept, T-Mo G1
Previous Tablets:Galaxy Note 10.1, Galaxy Tab 8.9, Kindle Fire, Dell Streak 7, Asus Transformer, iPad, Archos 101, Nook Color and aPad

arwilson529
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Bought one yesterday after your review. I was tired of waiting on Senyx to ship the CaseCrown model. Its been delayed twice, now out to the 14th.

shinji257
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I had gotten the Keybook but didn't like it. I kept missing keys and it didn't work well for me overall so I'm sending it back for a refund. I'm going to get a slimbook however as that should work for the time being.

Once these become available I'll probably get one at that time. --> http://www.amazon.com/Poetic-REVOLUT...dp/B008PB4F7K/
Current: HTC One (Stock, Rooted, Unlocked, S-OFF HBOOT 1.56, Tampered flag removed)
Backup:
Samsung Captivate (CyanogenMod 11 Nightly)
Tablet: Nexus 7 (Rooted, TWRP Recovery (I think)) Android 4.4.2

Defunct: Samsung Galaxy S2 AT&T (CyanogenMod 11 Unofficial)

Thank god for having spare cell phones and custom roms that make them survive for a bit longer.

Improbulus
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottbill View Post
Hi, the weight of the Keybook is about 250 grams.
Cheers hottbill. As my existing full-size folding keyboard weighs only 160g I think I'll stick with it until I find a keyboard case that weighs less!

grubbslubbs
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Nice, thanks for the breakdown. Definitely helps!

Retalion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
is there any way to order these cases in Canada?

hottbill
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retalion View Post
is there any way to order these cases in Canada?
Hi,
You can order them from Amazon, although shipping will take a bit longer. I believe standard shipping is 7-11 days (as opposed to 3-5 days in the USA.)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.

HKSpeed
Old
(Last edited by HKSpeed; 8th August 2012 at 05:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 114
I have the poetic slimbook and I love it mostly. i recently got a slightly different poetic slimbook for my wife's kindle fire, which I think has a much nicer texture and look. I wish poetic would make this for the N7.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006S2V8E6

I reached "Nexus 7 poetic slimbook" and found this yet-to-be-released Snugg case, which looks interesting.
http://www.amazon.com/Snugg-Nexus-Go.../dp/B008O5NQX6

Retalion
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hottbill View Post
Hi,
You can order them from Amazon, although shipping will take a bit longer. I believe standard shipping is 7-11 days (as opposed to 3-5 days in the USA.)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong though.
The reason I ask is because when I tried ordering it, it gave me a shipping error, saying the item does not ship to Canada. Is there any way I can fix that, or am I out of luck? ):

mariolouis
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Funny how we still manage to want to go back to netbook era with all these accessories. There is a quad-core netbook available, isn't there? But that is a nice case anyway. I just wish more accessories will come to our country also.

Tags
keybook, leather case, nexus 7 case, nexus 7 keyboard, poetic