Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,957 Members 38,301 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[UBUNTU][Testing] How-to install it on the Prime

Tip us?

King John
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Still waiting for this The only two reasons I don't use this on a daily basis as it is is because the Sound doesn't work and the Touchpad as well. I do boot back into it occasionally if I need to do some man-mode stuff.

SimonErich
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegaz-7 View Post
My opinion is that there is no need for Linux Ubutnu on Primes, because I bought just because PRIME has Android OS and has features that no laptop! And more like Prime with Android OS because it is function of the sea than no have a laptop with Windows, Mac or Linux Ubuntu. Some of the features that I like on my To: Touchscreen, Bluetooth, trackpad, sensor (ALS, Gyroscope, Accelerometer, GPS, magnetometer), shutdown, reboot, no need for always shotdown and wait time for the system start, It is great for work and playing games, two cameras, GPS, BATTERY LIVES IS MUCH BETTER THAN IN LAPTOPS and lot more options.

You might think so, but maybe somebody else needs applications/services that aren't available for Android. (for me especially apache, mysql-server, ...)
Tablets are great, but I would really like to have the opportunity to boot into a linux if I'm on a train and get some work done.
And a full linux on a lightweight, thin and amazing device with touchsupport if I need it, would be amazing.

I'm really looking forward to it and thanks so much for working on it guys.
HTC Desire HD, Asus Transformer Prime, Nokia Lumia 800

There are no kangaroos in Austria!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SimonErich For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NemesisRE
Old
Thanks Meter 171

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonErich View Post
You might think so, but maybe somebody else needs applications/services that aren't available for Android. (for me especially apache, mysql-server, ...)
Tablets are great, but I would really like to have the opportunity to boot into a linux if I'm on a train and get some work done.
And a full linux on a lightweight, thin and amazing device with touchsupport if I need it, would be amazing.

I'm really looking forward to it and thanks so much for working on it guys.
You are a gravedigger!

But you are right
Phone: LG G2 (d802)
ROM: OmniRom (vertigo)
Kernel: ayysir
Recovery: TWRP

Old Phones:
  • Samsung Galaxy S3 (I9300)
  • Motorola Milestone 2
  • Samsung Omnia i900

Tablet: Asus Transformer Prime (TF201)
ROM: Namidairo CM11 unoffical
Kernel: Stock CM
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3
Bootloader: JB

Universal NAVBar Mod now with AROMA Galaxy S3/S4/Note (maybe your phone too)

Dinner... An easier way to build ROMs

Did I help you? - Say Thanks (Hit the Thanks Button)

artemjevas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Hello, i'm having a problem with prime-sdlinux.blob file. Tried two times and both times my prime bricked - stuck in eee pad splash logo. After flashing prime-sdlinux.blob file i'm getting output:
c:\adb-fastboot-win>fastboot -i 0x0b05 flash boot prime-sdlinux.blob
sending 'boot' (8000 KB)...
OKAY [ 2.356s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [ 1.747s]
finished. total time: 4.103s

Thanks for help.

sbeanie
Old
Thanks Meter 23
I had the same problem. It's down to using AndroidRoot's bootloader which only accepts .img files and not .blobs. You're effectively flashing nothing :P

To fix it you just have to extract the boot.img from prime-sdlinux.blob using blobtools (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1068548), and rename blob.LNX to boot.img and flash it.

Here's the thread I made with the problem: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1798511
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sbeanie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

artemjevas
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you!

kMogs17
Old
Thanks Meter 106
so a lot of people seem to be using this but not very much of it seems to be working. was there another update to this not in the op or is the op still correct on functionality?
LG Optimus G
ROM: Liquid 4.4
Kernel: xb or f93
Radio: 2.0.1690
Recovery: TWRP

Don't forget to clickity-clack that thanks button

<FOR LG OG ONLY>
Melanie Iglesias TWRP Theme Thread

faeredia
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by kMogs17 View Post
so a lot of people seem to be using this but not very much of it seems to be working. was there another update to this not in the op or is the op still correct on functionality?
Hello
the version people are using on this thread is a very old, leaked, unstable version. call it a 'proof of concept'. this version is not being actively worked on. it was not intended for release. it is a use-at-your-own-risk option.

for what is actually happening, see this;
http://androidroot.mobi/2012/06/17/u...prime-preview/
this is the most recent public 'snapshot' of what is being developed. currently, it is in a closed beta testing stage. so no, you cant get your hands on it just yet.

from what i gather, lilstevie and androidroot.mobi want to release this with as much stability as possible. im not sure if you followed ubuntu on the tf101, but the initial release was riddled with issues/complaints/people-who-couldnt-follow-instructions and i imagine lilstevie doesnt want to have to deal with all this all over again. (lilstevie can slap me in place if im incorrect, you are just so damn mysterious man)

we are all waiting patiently, and in the end we will receive something much more stable than what is provided on this thread.

hope this clears some things up.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to faeredia For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lilstevie
Old
Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,030

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by faeredia View Post
Hello
the version people are using on this thread is a very old, leaked, unstable version. call it a 'proof of concept'. this version is not being actively worked on. it was not intended for release. it is a use-at-your-own-risk option.

for what is actually happening, see this;
http://androidroot.mobi/2012/06/17/u...prime-preview/
this is the most recent public 'snapshot' of what is being developed. currently, it is in a closed beta testing stage. so no, you cant get your hands on it just yet.

from what i gather, lilstevie and androidroot.mobi want to release this with as much stability as possible. im not sure if you followed ubuntu on the tf101, but the initial release was riddled with issues/complaints/people-who-couldnt-follow-instructions and i imagine lilstevie doesnt want to have to deal with all this all over again. (lilstevie can slap me in place if im incorrect, you are just so damn mysterious man)

we are all waiting patiently, and in the end we will receive something much more stable than what is provided on this thread.

hope this clears some things up.
initially I still forsee as many issues, but there is actually a hold up elsewhere at the moment. This release that is being worked on takes a very different direction to the previous releases for the tf101, and it does take time (even the beta testers have been waiting for images to test). Hopefully we will have a functioning teaser to show off soon, and a release not long after that.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lilstevie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

REAVER117
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Is there any chance that the upcoming release will be able to be ported to the TF300 & TF700? Would it be as simple as modifying a boot image?