Has anyone tried XtremeGuard?

Search This thread

iiApotheosis

Jan 30, 2012
Corbin, KY
I just did and now I need a new phone. I don't know if it's just me or what but I did the wet install even used less water that in the videos they have on their Site and my screen is completely screwed. I assume a little water got in between the cracks and the plastic. Half of my screen is a greyish color and the other half is almost completely fine the Grey half flashes sometimes. Has anyone had this type of water damage? Will it dry out eventually or am I screwed?

Jammin72

Jul 27, 2012
Durham
Not sure what went wrong for you. I have a full body on my iHOX, full body on my Vizio Tablet, Front and Back on my iPhone 4, and back on my iPad 3. All of them went on smoothly, the bubbles cleared within about 48 hours and they've lasted forever. The only time they come up is if I attempt fitting a new case that has overlap on the screen and a tight grip. Sorry to hear something went wrong with yours.

iiApotheosis

Jan 30, 2012
Corbin, KY
Not sure what went wrong for you. I have a full body on my iHOX, full body on my Vizio Tablet, Front and Back on my iPhone 4, and back on my iPad 3. All of them went on smoothly, the bubbles cleared within about 48 hours and they've lasted forever. The only time they come up is if I attempt fitting a new case that has overlap on the screen and a tight grip. Sorry to hear something went wrong with yours.

I'm not sure what went wrong with it either. Yes it seems it would be a nice screen protector if my phone didn't look like two face right now. I know it's not just water left over from the screen protector because I pulled it up to see of it kept the color (at first I thought it was). I hope it drys out. Seems like it could. Theirs no major discoloration. Hopefully it stops flickering as well.

Jammin72

Jul 27, 2012
Durham
I'm not sure what went wrong with it either. Yes it seems it would be a nice screen protector if my phone didn't look like two face right now. I know it's not just water left over from the screen protector because I pulled it up to see of it kept the color (at first I thought it was). I hope it drys out. Seems like it could. Theirs no major discoloration. Hopefully it stops flickering as well.

Try sticking it in a ziplock with some dry white rice overnight to see if that helps pull out the moisture. I would avoid turning it on till then.

DvineLord

Aug 29, 2010
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S III
AT&T HTC One X
It's sitting in white rice as we speak. gonna leave it for a night or two. This sucks so hard.

let me know if this works. i would like to get a screen protector myself but the bottom part of my screen makes a loose crackly noise. after what you said i'm scared it might get water in through there also. is there any non-water based way to apply the screen protector, like an alcohol solution or something that'll evap clean?

iiApotheosis

Jan 30, 2012
Corbin, KY
let me know if this works. i would like to get a screen protector myself but the bottom part of my screen makes a loose crackly noise. after what you said i'm scared it might get water in through there also. is there any non-water based way to apply the screen protector, like an alcohol solution or something that'll evap clean?

Well after a night sitting in rice I turned it on but the back light fried out of it. I wouldn't recommend wet install anything personally, I'll never get anything that says wet install ever again. Too risky Imo.

works

I have it and installed it with soapy water just like advised, took me a while to install because some particles got under the screen but worked fine.
Be careful to pay attention to edges when putting it on so there wouldn't be any bubbles and it doesn't completely cover the edges.
(Oh and if you press the screen against glass it sticks to it, pretty cool for taking timer pics or videos; careful not to rip the screen out, it sticks really good sometimes;)

Reactions: xiaocai

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    works

I have it and installed it with soapy water just like advised, took me a while to install because some particles got under the screen but worked fine.
    Be careful to pay attention to edges when putting it on so there wouldn't be any bubbles and it doesn't completely cover the edges.
    (Oh and if you press the screen against glass it sticks to it, pretty cool for taking timer pics or videos; careful not to rip the screen out, it sticks really good sometimes;)