10th August 2012, 11:58 PM
(Last edited by Dexter_nlb; 7th March 2013 at 01:07 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4456
Join Date: Feb 2009
DONATE TO ME
[Recovery/Bootstrap][5-sep-2012] CWM Touch recovery v22.214.171.124
Touch enabled ClockWorkMod for LG Optimus 4X HD 4.0.3 ONLY
NOT COMPATIBLE WITH LG EARLY BETA v20a WITH Android OS 4.1.2
ClockWorkMod recovery based on http://builder.clockworkmod.com
but of course not using a boot.img here, but a raw ramdisk copy of it.
- A bootup check function, on external sdcard, for a _boot direct to recovery_ in case you
cannot get regular apps opened, this might be a way to boot recovery in bootloop cases.
- UPDATES: if you are installing an update , remember to press install recovery again, so the changes take effect.
- Get your o4x root'd, follow this guide here
- make sure busybox is installed correctly and all commands are available in /system/xbin (normally part of rooting installation)
- Download the attached zip to this post
- extract the apk from inside the downloaded zip file.
- install the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk on your mobile
- after installation reboot mobile once (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
- start the LG 4X Recovery app
- press - Install recovery - grant superuser access when prompted
- wait for success OK, if it fails, something is wrong or SU is not properly installed or denied su access. you should set permissions to granted for this app
- after successfull installation, you can press boot recovery and boot into the clockworkmod recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
- when you do a backup, remember that CWM v126.96.36.199 got a bug, so you need to specifically chose backup to external sdcard for now.
- uses latest boot base from v10f (OPEN edition), but not much changed
-Found issue with unmount of /system and other filesystems during start of clockworkMod, making it hard to restore backup.
all filesystems are now properly unmounted and services stopped which could use it.
- for adb users, unplug usb cable once, to re-activate adb connection when cwm starts.
backup to internal sdcard location is not working , use backup to EXTERNAL sdcard (problem is the link in / which point to /mnt/sdcard)
(FIXED in v1.1) factory reset/restore backup - if you restore a backup or factory reset, it will also wipe your internal storage/sdcard location. as LG have chosen to use part of internal store on same partition.
so where possible, always copy your internal storage files to a safe location
(Koush removed this option in v188.8.131.52)external sdcard - mount usb - currently shares only external sdcard storage to pc.
It is to assume, that anything restored from a backup, will include any 4X clockwork recovery, as this is located on your system partition.
so its always good to install the newest apk, after a restore of your backup.
information on the technical solution used
snapshots of recovery running on LG Optimus 4X HD
- The bootstrap solution used to run ClockWorkMod is based on the 2nd-init function , which has been around for some time now.
- Additional functions are used here, based on services started and building small changes into the unsecure ramdisk, so we get the full functionality of our device.
- For those technical users, wanting to use my work, just remember to mention where you got it, and i have no problems with others using scripts.
- It's also important when booted into recovery, that you restart adb (adb usb) to get full root access.
- as this recovery is not started from a clean bootup, some cleanup jobs are required for those, that MIGHT do a custom rom.
i have seen with my works in progress, that jellybean and htc roms use different services and those needs to be included in the bootmeny/bootrecovery script to stop and cleanup what ever service started originally. so when/if someone makes a different rom, remember to update the bootmenu scripts, which i guess you know how to change if you do customroms.