5,596,354 Members 38,210 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM] Android Revolution HD 33.1 | High Quality & Performance | Sense 5 | 4.18.401.3

Tip us?

makbil
Old
Thanks Meter 1484
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1986. View Post
Can u now try to view dropbox images in gallery?
It opens the pictures with gallery by default but I specifically used "open in gallery" and it works without an issue.

Firmware flashing guide for Android 4.2.2
HTC One - ARHD 62.0 | KK 4.4.2
HTC One X - Android Revolution HD 31.3 | Sense 5 | Base 4.18.401.2 | JB 4.2.2 /Quietly rooted
HTC Desire HD - ARHD 9.0 (3.12.405.1)
Google Nexus 7 - Android 4.4
Samsung Note 10.1 (N8005) 3G+Wi-Fi ([JB 4.1.2])

Niels-je
Old
Thanks Meter 122
I just flashed ARHD 9.0.0 over ARHD 7.2.0 without clearing cache, without factory reset, without clearing data and without Super Whipe script.
Everything went just fine and ARHD 9.0.0 runs without any problems!

By flashing this way I kept all my programs, settings, etc. (I only needed to re-install 3 programs after the flash, that wouldn't start-up anymore. That was it.)

I've done the following:
1) Backupped all my programs and settings with Titanium Backup (Pro). - I didn't need this, but it's better to be safe than sorry!
2) In CWM made a full backup of the ARHD 7.2.0 rom - I didn't need this, but it's better to be safe than sorry!
3) Flashed boot.img
4) Flashed ARHD 9.0.0

Finally, after booting the rom for the 1st time, I've installed the %-battery mod from Jotha.

Like I said; I encountered no problems, so if you're on ARHD 7 or 8 you could give it a try without clearing data. Of course there are no guarantees that this will also work flawlessly for you! But there ain't much to loose, since you can do a Super Whipe anyway, might you run into problems.

Mike, thanks a lot for all your work!
The Following User Says Thank You to Niels-je For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Melodycd
Old
(Last edited by Melodycd; 11th August 2012 at 01:11 PM.)
Thanks Meter 55
http://db.tt/GGicFMRX
Mike, I hope I made a log correctly. This is first time I do it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
Now:
- LG G2 (Verizon, CLEAN ROM 1.0) - Best one!!!
- Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7 (CM, root)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500) - Stock.
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (Jedi ROM).

mike1986.
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 65595

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodycd View Post
http://db.tt/GGicFMRX
Mike, I hope I made a log correctly. This is first time I do it.

Thanks, this should be ok

Archived devices and my other threads:

Join Android Revolution HD community

Facebook | Twitter | IRC chat | Visit my blog | Google+

If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a beer
Every donation is greatly appreciated and it helps the development!

Funkmeister
Old
(Last edited by Funkmeister; 11th August 2012 at 01:23 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Just flashed Jotha's battery % mod and all fine. I'm missing the 3-dot removal and recent apps key remap though.

Edit: Sorry, I'm a forgetful numpty - it's included in the later HTC builds isn't it? I came from 6.0.0 where I had to install the mod myself.

mike1986.
Old
Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 65595

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkmeisterdude View Post
Just flashed Jotha's battery % mod and all fine. I'm missing the 3-dot removal and recent apps key remap though.

Edit: Sorry, I'm a forgetful numpty - it's included in the later HTC builds isn't it? I came from 6.0.0 where I had to install the mod myself.
yes, it's included.

Archived devices and my other threads:

Join Android Revolution HD community

Facebook | Twitter | IRC chat | Visit my blog | Google+

If you appreciate my work, you can buy me a beer
Every donation is greatly appreciated and it helps the development!

The Following User Says Thank You to mike1986. For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KuZZo
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Does anyone know if T-Mobile have released an updated hboot? I don't want to go through the hassle of restoring to original, relocking, OTA check etc etc if I don't have to. Is it only the 'unbranded' ones that are updating? I'm on hboot 0.43 at present and it seems to work just fine with 9.0.0...
I never had to relock my phone for doing the OTA Updates ... I just do a nandroid restore of last stock-rom, then restoring boot.img and stock-recovery by fastboot ... If phone boots up, it gets OTA automatically, reboots and finally I do a nandroid-backup of this new stock rom to use it if next OTA comes out ... all in all it takes not more than 30 minutes and there is no relocking required at all ...

sean.trinidade
Old
Thanks Meter 757
Quote:
Does anyone know if T-Mobile have released an updated hboot? I don't want to go through the hassle of restoring to original, relocking, OTA check etc etc if I don't have to. Is it only the 'unbranded' ones that are updating? I'm on hboot 0.43 at present and it seems to work just fine with 9.0.0...
The unbranded UK HOX's haven't recieved the OTA as yet, so I doubt t-mobile would've released it any sooner. Based on previous releases, it will probably be between 1-3 weeks before UK undbranded get it, and then an extra 1-2 weeks beyond that for carrier specific.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuZZo View Post
I never had to relock my phone for doing the OTA Updates ... I just do a nandroid restore of last stock-rom, then restoring boot.img and stock-recovery by fastboot ... If phone boots up, it gets OTA automatically, reboots and finally I do a nandroid-backup of this new stock rom to use it if next OTA comes out ... all in all it takes not more than 30 minutes and there is no relocking required at all ...
KuZZo is correct - you only need to relock if you intend to run the RUU. For OTA, you just need stock recovery and ROM.
Don't forget to press "Thanks" if my posts have been helpful to you.

Current Devices :
HTC One (M8)
- ROM: ARHD 3.4
- Kernel: Stock
Google Nexus 7 3G
- ROM: Stock 4.4 (rooted)
- Kernel: Stock

Previous Devices:

- HTC One (M7) running ARHD 53.0
- HTC One X running ARHD 19.2
- Google Nexus 7 running Paranoid Android 2.52-3
- HTC Sensation running ARHD 6.6.2 XE
- HTC Desire HD running ARHD 3.1
- HTC Hero rooted w/ Stock

Hitchi
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Is it necessary to flash boot.img for the version 9 if I'm coming from 8.1? The problem is that I don't have a pc for the next 3 days to flash

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2

Melodycd
Old
Thanks Meter 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchi View Post
Is it necessary to flash boot.img for the version 9 if I'm coming from 8.1? The problem is that I don't have a pc for the next 3 days to flash

Gesendet von meinem HTC One X mit Tapatalk 2
Yes, you need to flash boot.IMG also.

Now:
- LG G2 (Verizon, CLEAN ROM 1.0) - Best one!!!
- Amazon's Kindle Fire HD 7 (CM, root)
- Samsung Galaxy S4 (i9500) - Stock.
- AT&T Galaxy Note 2 (Jedi ROM).

Tags
4.0.4, android revolution hd, arhd, best custom rom, epic custom rom, fastest sense rom, htc one x, htc sense 4.5 / 4+, ice cream sandwich, latest rom