Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 43,756 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't view the forum at home.

Tip us?

GrimPivo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 347
Question Can't view the forum at home.

The strange thing is when I try to see the forum at home - I get huge lags and the forum looks as if they do not connect the CSS styles. In Chrome, Mozilla, Opera is the same.
Switching on the XDA2010 theme doesn't help.
Can be a problem in the Internet provider? How can I fix this?
# Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 16Gb Pebble Blue # ROM: CyanogenMod 11 - 20140707-nightly-i9300 (Android 4.3 Jelly Bean) # Kernel: stock CM #
My English is terrible as hell, sorry for that.

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,194
Might be a problem with our CDN provider. What do you get when you visit this url? http://debug-14.netdna-cdn.com/
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L)

Tox Secure IM Secure Hash: 79C7D3CDA80B4A657A215DD020586AA38C9C7A685F039F46E0 98CF4D107A3D427A9FA590CE3D

GrimPivo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 347
Can't open it on home comp.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
# Phone: Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 16Gb Pebble Blue # ROM: CyanogenMod 11 - 20140707-nightly-i9300 (Android 4.3 Jelly Bean) # Kernel: stock CM #

BretonGirl
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Sounds like it might be a problem with your computer, firewall/router, or ISP. I can open that page fine. It says "You are hitting the NetDNA New York Datacenter"

GrimPivo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by BretonGirl View Post
Sounds like it might be a problem with your computer, firewall/router, or ISP. I can open that page fine. It says "You are hitting the NetDNA New York Datacenter"
I get the same thing at work and phone. At home I'm not getting anything. And earlier (about a couple of weeks ago) forum worked fine.
So strange. I would understand if the forum is not open at all. But it opens, but very slowly and very crooked looks.

BretonGirl
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Something must have changed within your browser, router, or firewall settings. Since the rest of us are having no problems it has to be something in your computer. Flush your DNS, reboot your router, and check your firewall settings. Also try different browsers and see if you get the same results. You can also try OpenDNS, which will solve the problem if it lies with your ISP.

bitpushr
Old
XDA:Administrator
Thanks Meter 1,194
We've just changed CDN providers last night. OP, let us know if you still have this issue.
Current Phone: Nexus 5 (Android L)

Tox Secure IM Secure Hash: 79C7D3CDA80B4A657A215DD020586AA38C9C7A685F039F46E0 98CF4D107A3D427A9FA590CE3D
The Following User Says Thank You to bitpushr For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GrimPivo
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitpushr View Post
We've just changed CDN providers last night. OP, let us know if you still have this issue.
It's OK now! Big thanks!!!

pulser_g2
Old
Developer Admin / Senior Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 10,827
The previous issue was being caused by some ISP Dns servers. Often these kinds of issues can be alleviated by switching your DNS to something better

Having trouble getting an answer? | What is XDA about? | How to ask for help?

if [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.how_to_use ] || [ $PM.incoming.type = $type.question.ROM.silly_question ]; then mv $PM.incoming /.trash; PM.response($responsetype.ignore); $PM.sender.ignore_in_future=true; init.sequence($boy_who_cried_wolf); fi;

BTC: 1K2fpDsRHkirWmk3PKiqtzhVHKUJCWPWnN
PGP: 0x260F4FDEF258E3C4

mikef
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 4,802
Quote:
Originally Posted by pulser_g2 View Post
The previous issue was being caused by some ISP Dns servers. Often these kinds of issues can be alleviated by switching your DNS to something better
I have gotten good results from Google's DNS servers. 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. We even point to them from my work instead of the ISP's DNS servers.
Level3's DNS servers are ok too, 4.2.2.2 and 4.2.2.1.
Donate to XDA! -- Please read and follow the XDA Rules -- Please

Useful Guides: XDA New User Guide - XDA Visual User Guide - Getting Moderator Help ----
How To Logcat - How to apply to become a Recognized Contributor/Themer on XDA ----------------------------
Please read all the stickied guides in your device's forums -----------------------------------------------------------------
Click here if you want to find out how to get to 10 posts --------------Remember...Hold Your Fire!