MSM72xx chipset-level configuration tools

Search This thread

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
**BE VERY CAREFUL WITH THESE TOOLS. IT IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE TO DO IRREPAIRABLE DAMAGE.**

Ripped from the Xperia ROM, these programs allow control over a number of settings in the device.

RegisterEditor should allow direct reading and writing of registers on the qualcomm msm72xx chipset, which will allow control over virtually every setting available, just need to determine addresses and potential values, etc :)

TBattery talks directly to the battery chipset, and returns values such as mAh capacity, battery temperature, current draw, percentage remaining, etc.

DbgTerm allows real time display of Debug Log on device.

DebugTool allows among other things redirecting of KITL output to USB. You can also configure the level of logging for the Debug Log and have it save the log to SD.

Save Kernel KITL Log to SD:
1.) Open DebugTool.exe, input value 43D in [5]DebugFlags, click menu -> write
2.) Shut Down with Power Button (long press), and start up
3.) Do actions you want to be logged (load program that fails, drivers, etc.)
4.) Plug phone into usb, connect w/activesync and copy off /Storage Card/HtcLog/*.txt
5.) Open DebugTool.exe, input value 0 in [5]DebugFlags, click menu -> write

FMTuner allows direct advanced control over the FM Radio chipset, among other things allows activation without headphones (although I don't see a way to route audio to the speaker)

Uni-AT allows issuing of AT commands to the ROM.

dump a raphael ROM and open up rilphone.dll in a hex editor, look for the strings like +CRING, @AGPSADDRESS, $HSUPA_STATUS, these are AT Commands that can be issued to the radio ROM, to query status and alter settings.

Query an existing setting like so:

AT+CRING?
AT$HSUPA_STATUS?
AT@AGPSADDRESS?

Querying a command should give you some input as to the required format.

Change a setting like so:

AT+CRING=1
AT$HSUPA_STATUS=1
AT@AGPSADDRESS=1

For a setting with multiple parameters, such as AT+HTCNV, set it like so: AT+HTCNV=param1,param2,param3

Useful AT Commands:
AT+RADIOVER : returns radio rom version
AT+HTCNV : returns +HTCNV: 1,10,8 - param1 = DTM support, 1/0, param2 = MCS support 8/10/12, param3 = HSDPA Category 6/8/12
AT+HTCENS : ENS support 1/0

Attachments

• RegisterEditor.zip
    13.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Uni_AT.zip
    4.4 KB · Views: 153
  • Battery.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 721
  • DbgTerm.zip
    6.9 KB · Views: 165
  • FMTuner.zip
    15.4 KB · Views: 329
  • DebugTool.zip
    37.1 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:

Da_G

Inactive Senior RD / Moderator Emeritus
Aug 20, 2007
Riverside, CA
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Looks like most of these tools were posted in Diamond section already here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=416334&highlight=htc+debug+tools

However everyone seemed to miss the significance of RegisterEditor entirely, it's listed in the linked Wiki as a 'very basic registry editor' but it has nothing to do with the registry at all..

Anyway, this is a dup post. Doh! But these versions are newer, and i'll try to make it more useful by including more knowledge about the apps :)

Last edited:

netw1z

Jun 25, 2008
Wow! Kudos for this! Amazing. Register Editor is very powerful. Gotta map this out

bedoig

Aug 5, 2006
Interesting. I wonder if these tools could be useful in unlocking the FM radio on CDMA Touch Pros.

[Edit: I noticed that you specified these were for the 72XX chipset. Any idea what kind of compatibility they have with the 75XX?]

Last edited:

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
Interesting. I wonder if these tools could be useful in unlocking the FM radio on CDMA Touch Pros.

[Edit: I noticed that you specified these were for the 72XX chipset. Any idea what kind of compatibility they have with the 75XX?]

there is CDMA debugtools set, grab it from any cdma beta rom (maybe posted on ppcgeeks, if not, i can upload it here), similar to gsm but for example the AT tool differs (UNI_AT will not work on CDMA) etc etc.

mileskb

Feb 25, 2008
Is there some documentation for tBattery explaining exactly what each reading is?

Also have a suggestion if possible that it include a time hack with each sampe it saves to the log instead of just a start and end time.

Thanks in advance.

cmonex

Retired Recognized Developer
Jul 23, 2006
Budapest
someone asked me in PM today to post the tools, see attachment.

Attachments

• cdmadebugtools.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 50