[APP]Sense 4.1 Camera from the One X [08.13.12 Screenshots]

Search This thread

TJD319

Aug 15, 2010
Allentown
As you probably all heard the rumors about Sense 4.5 and the camera that worked its way through XDA was not completely functional.

HTC announced the One X International android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1 update rolled out. So I googled the Camera and found a flashable zip in the One X forums.

Credits for mod/zip:

ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM, IM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER, JUST RE-POSTING WHAT IVE FOUND.

Disclaimer:

I'm not responsible for what you choose to do with your already rooted device, etc.

The zip won't flash. It will abort installation so just follow the steps below to install:

Screenshots:

Installation Instructions:

1. Download zip HERE (DropBox link)

2. Extract zip contents to SD Card.

3. Backup your original files individually or do a nandroid backup of your system partition.

4. Use Root Explorer (or other type app) to copy all files in zip to proper locations (as shown below:)

Zip contents:
--- system/app Camera.apk
--- system/etc media_profiles.xml
--- system/lib libhtccamera.so
--- system/lib libOlaEngineNew.so

5. Set all permissions to look like rw-r--r-- (ie. Like every other system file)

6. Change Owner (root explorer option press n hold and scroll to bottom) to root (0) and root (0).

7. Click on camera app once in system app directory and perms and owner are set and actually install the app.

After Install (thing to know, bugs, etc):

- All settings from previous Camera app will be there

- Video recording will work from HD and down. Camera app will close if you try the Full HD setting for video recording.

- Slow Motion video will cause the camera app to close also. Most likely kernel related.

- FFC works fine for me on picture and video...as well as a 0.3 VGA can work. Functionality seems fine.

- Touch Focus reported not working on ViperS ROM.

- Touch to take photo works great for me (on IC Evolution 2.20) and focus is clear for me as well.

Enjoy. I like it, so other may as well.

Last edited:

TJD319

Aug 15, 2010
Allentown
1. Yes it is compatible with the Sensation on a Sense 4 ROM only. I'm running InsertCoin Evolution 2.20 Final. Works fine.

2. The Camera.apk will overwrite the original. Follow the steps posted to either backup the files individually or use nandroids advanced backup feature to backup the system partition.

3. Idk about AOSP. Its a Sense camera so I guess if the AOSP ROM is based off a Sense 4 base then go ahead and try it and report back.

Like I said, working great for me on Sense 4.0.

Sent from my Sensation 4G

Reactions: rzr86

qmha

Sep 12, 2006
1. Yes it is compatible with the Sensation on a Sense 4 ROM only. I'm running InsertCoin Evolution 2.20 Final. Works fine.

2. The Camera.apk will overwrite the original. Follow the steps posted to either backup the files individually or use nandroids advanced backup feature to backup the system partition.

3. Idk about AOSP. Its a Sense camera so I guess if the AOSP ROM is based off a Sense 4 base then go ahead and try it and report back.

I like this app camera but
I can't success to run application for my HTC Sensation with rom CM10 sense 4.1.
When I copy all file to folders and change mod success; check version app is ok.
But when I reset my phone but my phone not boot success, it boot into recovery.
Can you help me?

TJD319

Aug 15, 2010
Allentown
I can't success to run application for my HTC Sensation with rom CM10 sense 4.1.
When I copy all file to folders and change mod success; check version app is ok.
Can you help me?

I can't give any support, im not a dev. Just posted for those interested. Works on Sense 4 ROMs only so I mean its clearly stated in thevOP...and I also said make backups so...good luck.

sofir786

Can you help me?

this camera mod is NOT designed for CM10, it has broken your system probably because a sense camera mod will only work on a sense rom or a sense based rom. You will probably have to reinstall your rom, its advisable to make a nandroid backup of your rom just in case things go wrong so you can revert back

Nas Escobar

Dec 16, 2012
Just as a heads up, this won't work on AOSP. I have the hybrid rom (PACman) on my MT4GS, and it could not install. At first, I thought I did the install wrong, but turns out it's because it's not based on a sense rom. Long story short, this won't work on most other roms except those based around the HTC Sense.

Such a shame, if one thing HTC got right, it was the camera app.

Would be nice if anyone could port the camera app and make it flashable, but gotta make do with what there is.

Jonny

Retired Forum Moderator
Jul 22, 2011
Just as a heads up, this won't work on AOSP. I have the hybrid rom (PACman) on my MT4GS, and it could not install. At first, I thought I did the install wrong, but turns out it's because it's not based on a sense rom. Long story short, this won't work on most other roms except those based around the HTC Sense.

Such a shame, if one thing HTC got right, it was the camera app.

Would be nice if anyone could port the camera app and make it flashable, but gotta make do with what there is.

Sense apps require sense framework so a port would be pretty much impossible... No sense only apps will work on AOSP.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As you probably all heard the rumors about Sense 4.5 and the camera that worked its way through XDA was not completely functional.

HTC announced the One X International android 4.0.4 Sense 4.1 update rolled out. So I googled the Camera and found a flashable zip in the One X forums.

Credits for mod/zip:

ALL CREDIT GOES TO HIM, IM NOT THE ORIGINAL POSTER, JUST RE-POSTING WHAT IVE FOUND.

Disclaimer:

I'm not responsible for what you choose to do with your already rooted device, etc.

The zip won't flash. It will abort installation so just follow the steps below to install:

Screenshots:

Installation Instructions:

1. Download zip HERE (DropBox link)

2. Extract zip contents to SD Card.

3. Backup your original files individually or do a nandroid backup of your system partition.

4. Use Root Explorer (or other type app) to copy all files in zip to proper locations (as shown below:)

Zip contents:
    --- system/app Camera.apk
    --- system/etc media_profiles.xml
    --- system/lib libhtccamera.so
    --- system/lib libOlaEngineNew.so

5. Set all permissions to look like rw-r--r-- (ie. Like every other system file)

6. Change Owner (root explorer option press n hold and scroll to bottom) to root (0) and root (0).

7. Click on camera app once in system app directory and perms and owner are set and actually install the app.

After Install (thing to know, bugs, etc):

- All settings from previous Camera app will be there

- Video recording will work from HD and down. Camera app will close if you try the Full HD setting for video recording.

- Slow Motion video will cause the camera app to close also. Most likely kernel related.

- FFC works fine for me on picture and video...as well as a 0.3 VGA can work. Functionality seems fine.

- Touch Focus reported not working on ViperS ROM.

- Touch to take photo works great for me (on IC Evolution 2.20) and focus is clear for me as well.

Enjoy. I like it, so other may as well.
    This compitable whit sensation?

Well it was posted in the sensation forums so yes. And the OP seems to have tried it so yes.

Sent from my pyramid...

Did I miss something? The screenshots are not showing in the OP for me.

Its not like you even Thanked the OP so what makes you think I'll care enough to reupload the screens so people can leech without thanking?

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G