[Solved] ADB Troubles

OP King Cole

11th August 2012, 09:47 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA
Thanks Meter: 22

159 posts
More
Hey all, I know it's cliche, but I'm having a lot of troubles with ADB.

This isn't my first Android device, but it is the first Android device I've had in which the "adb devices" command still doesn't find even after having drivers/Companion Software installed.

Here's a full run-down of things I've done: installed that crappy software, the computer can recognize the Ion in terms of being able to access it for moving files, I have both Unknown Sources and USB debugging ticked, I've rebooted the phone, and a few other things.

Thanks for reading, and please assist!
Last edited by King Cole; 7th September 2012 at 05:49 AM.
12th August 2012, 05:35 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 237

848 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Cole

Hey all, I know it's cliche, but I'm having a lot of troubles with ADB.

This isn't my first Android device, but it is the first Android device I've had in which the "adb devices" command still doesn't find even after having drivers/Companion Software installed.

Here's a full run-down of things I've done: installed that crappy software, the computer can recognize the Ion in terms of being able to access it for moving files, I have both Unknown Sources and USB debugging ticked, I've rebooted the phone, and a few other things.

Thanks for reading, and please assist!

Ok, here is the deal. I am assuming you have downloaded the SDK package. What you are going to have to do is go into device manager and manually select ADB USB composite driver.
12th August 2012, 07:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

159 posts
More
The problem is, I've never been able to find my device in devmgmt. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check, but where would it normally be under if not the "Unrecognized Devices" category?

Sent from my Sony Xperia Ion using xda premium
12th August 2012, 10:06 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 237

848 posts
More
Quote:

The problem is, I've never been able to find my device in devmgmt. I'm not home at the moment, so I can't check, but where would it normally be under if not the "Unrecognized Devices" category?

Are you using windows? It is under Android Device or Xperia Ion should be easy to find, if you have Sony Companion software loaded, if you have Ubuntu it is a little hard and I don't remember all the steps I had to take to set up mine. It was something about finding the USB device name in all 3 modes.
The Following User Says Thank You to popfan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th August 2012, 04:39 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popfan

Are you using windows? It is under Android Device or Xperia Ion should be easy to find, if you have Sony Companion software loaded, if you have Ubuntu it is a little hard and I don't remember all the steps I had to take to set up mine. It was something about finding the USB device name in all 3 modes.

I'm using Windows 7, but I don't recall being able to find it. I'll try again when I get home on Friday, and get back to you then.

16th August 2012, 10:52 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by popfan

Thanks for the help. I found the problem was my cable, and as soon as I had changed that out, it worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to King Cole For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th September 2012, 09:59 AM   |  #7  
Forum Moderator
Flag Toledo, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 2,351

2,744 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks for the help. I found the problem was my cable, and as soon as I had changed that out, it worked fine.

Please add [solved] or fixed to subject line of your OP. It helps others in searching

~Jaramie

from my LT28at rooted & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich
The Following User Says Thank You to Toledo_JAB For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2012, 05:40 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Boston, MA

159 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToledoJab

Please add [solved] or fixed to subject line of your OP. It helps others in searching

~Jaramie

from my LT28at rooted & eating an Ice Cream Sandwich

Just forgot, thanks for the reminder.

The Following User Says Thank You to King Cole For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread