micro USB to micro sd (for OTG)

OP NicoGa

18th July 2012, 11:21 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 136

752 posts
I'm going with the GS3 toolkit one if it's confirmed to work, looks like the perfect solution

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
13th August 2012, 04:50 PM   |  #42  
Flag Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 391

2,039 posts
More
Storage This is what I ended up using...
Just got my order in from DealExtreme.

SOURCE; http://dx.com/p/micro-usb-on-the-go-...r-50774?item=1

Paired with; http://dx.com/p/mini-usb-micro-sd-tf...m-color-125517

They sent me a white and black, the white you can see the blue data access led, the black you can't, it lights up internally but won't shine thru. Works great.

26th August 2012, 04:02 AM   |  #43  
Flag South Jersey
Thanks Meter: 71

173 posts
More
I get why you guys want to go as small as possible, but the fact is that you're still going to have a decent sized adapter sticking out the side of your Nexus. Just get the regular OTG cable with a 90 degree bend and use the magnet in the smart cover to attach the usb drive behind it. It's as low profile as you're going to get. I attached pics of my setup.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0304.jpg
Views:	1366
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	1282971   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0305.jpg
Views:	1579
Size:	145.6 KB
ID:	1282972  
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyHempseed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2012, 07:17 PM   |  #44  
Flag Orange County,CA
Thanks Meter: 56

1,029 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHempseed

I get why you guys want to go as small as possible, but the fact is that you're still going to have a decent sized adapter sticking out the side of your Nexus. Just get the regular OTG cable with a 90 degree bend and use the magnet in the smart cover to attach the usb drive behind it. It's as low profile as you're going to get. I attached pics of my setup.

Can you link me to your micro usb reader? I have that same case btw
27th August 2012, 07:48 PM   |  #45  
Flag South Jersey
Thanks Meter: 71

173 posts
More
It's not a reader, it's just a 32gb PNY micro usb drive... I got it on sale for $18 at my local Wal-mart and it has a metal casing which works perfectly with the case magnet.USB flash drives are faster than SD readers on USB 2.0.

I can't post links because I haven't reached 10 posts yet, but you can get the USB drive on Amazon for $20 - PNY Metal USB (P-FDU32G/APPMT-GE) and the 90 degree bend OTG Cable is like .65 cents on Amazon
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnnyHempseed For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th August 2012, 10:01 PM   |  #46  
Flag Orange County,CA
Thanks Meter: 56

1,029 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyHempseed

It's not a reader, it's just a 32gb PNY micro usb drive... I got it on sale for $18 at my local Wal-mart and it has a metal casing which works perfectly with the case magnet.USB flash drives are faster than SD readers on USB 2.0.

I can't post links because I haven't reached 10 posts yet, but you can get the USB drive on Amazon for $20 - PNY Metal USB (P-FDU32G/APPMT-GE) and the 90 degree bend OTG Cable is like .65 cents on Amazon

Oh right on! Thanks man!
28th August 2012, 03:05 AM   |  #47  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 7

31 posts
More
Thumbs up OTG-USB
This is my setup. I picked up the OTG-USB Cable on eBay for $3.50. Grabbed a USB 3.0 Flash Drive & Installed Stickmount on my Nexus 7. Works perfectly. I mostly use it to hold & watch Movis(.AVI files).
1st September 2012, 12:10 PM   |  #48  
Thanks Meter: 3

27 posts
Does anyone of you store apps\app storage on their setup usb connected?

I have a 8GB version and games like NOVA3 (btw, only 0.99$ today) take 2GB of space.
How can you run them from connected USB? I read about LINK2SD but it's not that grreat.
Perhaps symlink'ing...

anyway, i'll be happy to hear your thoughts.
1st September 2012, 12:42 PM   |  #49  
Manila
Thanks Meter: 27

263 posts
You can't unfortunately. Unless you decompile the game apk and edit some links it has to point to the directory of your usb drive, usually /sdcard/usb storage, but that would be like looking for a needle in a haystack. Plus you will need to re-sign the apk when recompiling. After of course you have secured a copy of the game developer's source code, which you won't get simply by begging.

You can edit voldfstab and run the tablet thinking the usb otg as /sdcard, but having that dangling thing all the time even when not using it seem a lot of hassle.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app
1st September 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #50  
Thanks Meter: 1

28 posts
Can you links me where to buy your smart cover? Thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread