[APP]Walkman App from Xperia NXT series[ICS/JB]

Search This thread

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Some time ago I ported Walkman app that came with Xperia S ICS update(and other NXT models) to Xperia 2011 lineup.After that I got lot of requests to port it to other devices.Finally had some free time and here it is.

This is only for non Xperia mobiles with running ICS or Jelly Bean.Tested on CM10 and works good :good:

Preview

2h8bvpf.png

F.A.Q

Q.Why is Edit music info option is greyed ?
A.Well Gracenote app(which download music info and provide SensMe feature) & Clearbass Equalizer needs SEMC framework.Porting that to other devices without having a device in hand is nearly impossible for me

Q.How to install this?
A.As usually flash via cwm ;)

Q.What is mediascanroot app and what does it do?
A.It scan media Files on demand.More info on here

Q.What resolutions does this support?
A.duh mdpi,hdpi & xhdpi

Instructions

• Flash via CWM

Tested devices

• Xperia Neo/V
  • Xperia Arc/S
  • Xperia Ray
  • Xperia Pro
  • Xperoa LWW & other mdpi
  • Galaxy Nexus

Credit

muzontnt - for various things
skifyr123 - Xperia S dump
navodwickra - for testing in Nexus
Sony devs for creating this wonderful ap

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?tsrseb1cs8t91zt

For 2011 Xperia lineup visit here

Enjoy :good:

Disclaimer - I take no responsibility for any damage caused to your handset by this mod,flash this at your own risk.

Last edited:

ykkfive

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 25, 2010
ykkfive.blogspot.com
A.Well Gracenote app(which download music info and provide SensMe feature) & Clearbass Equalizer needs SEMC framework.Porting that to other devices without having a device in hand is nearly impossible for me

hi

maybe i can help to port the equalizer with the needed files, but at the moment i am busy with another mod.

so.. let's see what happen later

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
I have a problem encountered. I flash the zip via CWM but it only shows the rescan media root app. Im using Motorola Droid2Global with ICS AOKP rom.

I tried 2 times, just didnt install, its not in system nor the other directories ..

both of you send me a working cwm flashable files here.I will check updater script and see if there's any changes needs to be made.
Neo is my first android

Installation aborts at me!
what's the error? also again post a working cwm flashable zip for your device here

hi

maybe i can help to port the equalizer with the needed files, but at the moment i am busy with another mod.

Great,waiting :good:

umarsl

Feb 13, 2011
I dont know if it is just me but I tried to Flash it in TWRP 2.2 on my HTC One XL (AT&T)

It failed installation.
it just said FAILED.

Not sure if it is meant to be flashed with TWRP since you said to flash with CWM:confused:

EDIT: Here is the link to the TWRP I am using.
The TWRP is in the attachement on the thread.

THANKS! :)

Last edited:

dog121

Oct 24, 2011
london
I dont know if it is just me but I tried to Flash it in TWRP 2.2 on my HTC One XL (AT&T)

It failed installation.
it just said FAILED.

Not sure if it is meant to be flashed with TWRP since you said to flash with CWM:confused:

EDIT: Here is the link to the TWRP I am using.
The TWRP is in the attachement on the thread.

THANKS! :)

Try extracting the zip and then install the three apks use file manager or root browser worked for me

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
Try extracting the zip and then install the three apks use file manager or root browser worked for me

Sent from my MB526 using xda app-developers app

I see 4 apks in the zip. There is one in in data/app :

61670c21-a005-38c4.jpg

And 3 in system/app :

61670c21-a028-82b4.jpg

From the look of it I guess I should install the data one as a normal app, and install the other 3 and transfer to system apps?

I want to try this, but don't want to mess anything up, and i try to not flash via recovery as much as possible.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
I see 4 apks in the zip. There is one in in data/app :

And 3 in system/app :

From the look of it I guess I should install the data one as a normal app, and install the other 3 and transfer to system apps?

I want to try this, but don't want to mess anything up, and i try to not flash via recovery as much as possible.

Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Nexus running Fruits 'N Vegetables with bacon grease (FNV007) via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Really nice player.

It's working like this to me (just copy the apk and changed permissions to rw-r-r), But it's missing album covers in the player (appear in lockscreen ?!?!?) and visualizer crashes.

It's not recommended to install via CWM, in my ideos X5 the phone was not working any more (No Service).

ThilinaC

Nov 19, 2008
Kandy
bit.ly
Really nice player.

It's working like this to me (just copy the apk and changed permissions to rw-r-r), But it's missing album covers in the player (appear in lockscreen ?!?!?) and visualizer crashes.

It's not recommended to install via CWM, in my ideos X5 the phone was not working any more (No Service).
That is because you didn't installed the lib files by not flashing(missing album covers & visualizer crash).

>>It's not recommended to install via CWM, in my ideos X5 the phone was not working any more (No Service

What?

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
That is because you didn't installed the lib files by not flashing(missing album covers & visualizer crash).

>>It's not recommended to install via CWM, in my ideos X5 the phone was not working any more (No Service

What?

Yes, after flashing the zip and reboot the phone I was not able to do phone calls any more, there was no sound, etc..

But I believe that makes sense because I don't have an Xperia phone.

I was looking at that (lib's) I will try it thanks!

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Yes, after flashing the zip and reboot the phone I was not able to do phone calls any more, there was no sound, etc..

Additional info: as mentioned before flashing has not worked for me. (I've a Huawei x5) and I decided to do it manually.

The cover art was missing due to folder system/lib that I've not copied. First attempt the phone was not working again, then I've done in a different way and have only copy the file from system/lib of the zip file but without replace the existent ones.

Know i've covert art and visualizer working and the phone is working normally... The only problem that I've is with equilizer (but I had the same issue with apolo player)

Regards

Reactions: belyava

Pixa241

Nov 3, 2010
How did you copy th e libs...I copied them to the system folder and replaced the old ones and it broke my sensation...it was stuck I'm bootloop

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

KeylanHalfdan

Jun 9, 2012
How did you copy th e libs...I copied them to the system folder and replaced the old ones and it broke my sensation...it was stuck I'm bootloop

Sent from my SGH-T989 using XDA

rimsilva says that they did not replace originals

YMYA

Dec 9, 2011
Cairo
Flashed it on i9001..but I didn't find any app after flashing the zip file!
Should it be installed separately?

rimsilva

Apr 11, 2009
Flashed it on i9001..but I didn't find any app after flashing the zip file!
Should it be installed separately?

I believe that you don't have enough space available in system folder.

Be careful, read my previous posts. Please do a backup of your Rom firsts.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Some time ago I ported Walkman app that came with Xperia S ICS update(and other NXT models) to Xperia 2011 lineup.After that I got lot of requests to port it to other devices.Finally had some free time and here it is.

This is only for non Xperia mobiles with running ICS or Jelly Bean.Tested on CM10 and works good :good:

Preview

2h8bvpf.png

F.A.Q

Q.How to install this?
    A.As usually flash via cwm ;)

Q.What is mediascanroot app and what does it do?
    A.It scan media Files on demand.More info on here

Q.What resolutions does this support?
    A.duh mdpi,hdpi & xhdpi

Instructions

• Flash via CWM

Tested devices

• Xperia Neo/V
    • Xperia Arc/S
    • Xperia Ray
    • Xperia Pro
    • Xperoa LWW & other mdpi
    • Galaxy Nexus

Credit

muzontnt - for various things
    skifyr123 - Xperia S dump
    navodwickra - for testing in Nexus
    Sony devs for creating this wonderful ap

Download

http://www.mediafire.com/?tsrseb1cs8t91zt

For 2011 Xperia lineup visit here

Enjoy :good:

Disclaimer - I take no responsibility for any damage caused to your handset by this mod,flash this at your own risk.

hi

Installation aborts at me!

Additional info: as mentioned before flashing has not worked for me. (I've a Huawei x5) and I decided to do it manually.

The cover art was missing due to folder system/lib that I've not copied. First attempt the phone was not working again, then I've done in a different way and have only copy the file from system/lib of the zip file but without replace the existent ones.

Know i've covert art and visualizer working and the phone is working normally... The only problem that I've is with equilizer (but I had the same issue with apolo player)

Regards