[TOOLKIT] Dualboot CM9 and FakeCWM for Sprint SGS3

15th August 2012, 02:52 PM   |  #91  
Flag Palm Harbor
Thanks Meter: 137

423 posts
More
delete
Last edited by jsmcmahon89; 15th August 2012 at 07:19 PM.
17th August 2012, 02:32 AM   |  #92  
Flag Chicago, IL
Thanks Meter: 2,203

1,288 posts
More
Can the CM10 ROM used be ROMs based on CM10 such as PARANOIDANDROID?
And can the "Stock" Rom be FreeGS3?
Last edited by mlaws90; 17th August 2012 at 02:35 AM.
17th August 2012, 03:02 AM   |  #93  
Thanks Meter: 12

57 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaws90

Can the CM10 ROM used be ROMs based on CM10 such as PARANOIDANDROID?
And can the "Stock" Rom be FreeGS3?

The stock ROM can be whatever you like. However for another ROM to run in the place of cm10 or cm you will have to edit the scripts of both the ROM and the boot zip.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda premium
17th August 2012, 03:06 AM   |  #94  
Flag Chicago, IL

1,288 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidrhodium

The stock ROM can be whatever you like. However for another ROM to run in the place of cm10 or cm you will have to edit the scripts of both the ROM and the boot zip.

OK Im on FreeGS3 and have CWM so do I flash boot_CM10-v2 now? Sorry I'm very new to this device, I am reading the blog. And where do I get Bindmount-sdcard.zip, will it be there after the first flash like Boot_FakeCWM?
Last edited by mlaws90; 17th August 2012 at 03:08 AM.
17th August 2012, 03:19 AM   |  #95  

57 posts
Quote:

OK Im on FreeGS3 and have CWM so do I flash boot_CM10-v2 now? Sorry I'm very new to this device, I am reading the blog.

You will have to flash the file TeamEpic-SGS3LTE-multiboot-cm9-setup-v1.zip and if your recovery is the latest from cwm you will have to change the update scripts installation mount location to sdcard from emmc. But if your on the recovery from just rooting your phone then it should work fine. Then that will unpack a bootcm9, bootfakecwm and bindmount zips in various locations accordingly along with creating the empty disc files which the the right update zip will install too. Cm10 already has proper dualboot update zips out there and available along with the bootcm10 zip that actually starts up the ROM. I'm not sure if the other have made dual boot files or not.

---------- Post added at 03:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:12 AM ----------

I'll try and help you the best I can but I'm not perfect at this either.

The Following User Says Thank You to androidrhodium For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2012, 04:26 AM   |  #96  
Flag Chicago, IL

1,288 posts
More
Which CM10 do I flash? I tried the most recent offical (8/15) and I got status error 7. I have follow all the instructions for cm9, you just use a different file to boot right?

Edit: Had to edit the updater-script, got it working thanks to androidrhodium for helping me out a bit.

This is bbelos' Instruction from the CM10 Official Thread
Quote:

If you try this, I would recommend deleting any previous CM9 *.img files from your multiboot/CM9 directory and rerunning the dualboot setup zip. Alternatively, you could move/rename the data img file if you'd like to restore your CM9 data to a future CM9 boot. It may work, but I would not recommend booting CM10 with CM9 data or vice versa.

NOTE: a slight modification to the cm10 update zip needs to be made until the fakecwm can be updated. This modification should not be done if you are not using the dual boot utility. The updater-script needs to be edited:
Replace the line:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p14", "0", "/system");
with:
format("ext4", "EMMC", "/dev/block/mmcblk0p14", "0");

1. Delete previous CM9 *.img files from multiboot/CM9.
2. Reflash TeamEpic-SGS3LTE-multiboot-cm9-setup-v1.zip to create fresh disk images.
3. Copy boot_CM10-v2.zip to your phone. EDIT: v2 added 08/12
4. Flash boot_Fakecwm.zip.
5. From within the Red colored Fakecwm, flash your modified cm10 update zip.
6. Optionally flash the jb gapps.
7. Flash boot_CM10-v2.zip.

Last edited by mlaws90; 17th August 2012 at 06:55 PM.
17th August 2012, 06:44 PM   |  #97  

57 posts
Quote:

Which CM10 do I flash? I tried the most recent offical (8/15) and I got status error 7. I have follow all the instructions for cm9, you just use a different file to boot right?

Edit: Had to edit the updater-script, git it working thanks to androidrhodium for helping me out a bit.

This is bbelos' Instruction from the CM10 Official Thread

Sorry I wasn't a complete help I was falling asleep when I was responding to you, its great you got it working. I'm running cm10 as my daily. Its pretty solid.
17th August 2012, 06:45 PM   |  #98  
Flag Chicago, IL

1,288 posts
More
Oh its fine, I figured the rest out on my own with those instructions I found, I just had to edit the updater-script.

By the way PARANOIDANDROID 1.99 works on this MOD in the CM10 Slot.
Last edited by mlaws90; 17th August 2012 at 06:54 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to mlaws90 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th August 2012, 05:33 PM   |  #99  
Thanks Meter: 202

639 posts
It looks like the latest CM10 nightlies already have the correct changes made to the format line of the updater script. FYI, no need to extract, etc.

EDIT: nope I'm tarded. Still have to change update script to remove format system.

Last edited by mmark27; 20th August 2012 at 03:46 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mmark27 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th August 2012, 06:15 AM   |  #100  
Thanks Meter: 44

488 posts
More
Ok got some help and got dual boot working. I have to say I prefer touchwiz though at least it has some of the features of HTC Touch Sense. There is just a severe lack of alternatives.

1. I have not a 1 height clock like I used for Sense
2. No Favorite Contact Widget like there is in Sense.
3. No good animated weather like Sense.
4. No easy method to choose a screen as in Sense I press home button and it will than show me the pages and I can select one but with this I have to try to click on a small dot to change screen and than hope I'm selecting the right one as I have no thumbnail view for it.

I miss Sense I think the ultimate phone would be the Samsung Galaxy S3 with hybrid Sense/Touchwiz on it.. It has the memory to handle sense while the EVO LTE suffers from lack of RAM in the phone. BTW is there any app that allows clocks to be flipped out of view like the original Sense I used with EVO 3D? I could flip clock up and off the screen or down to reveal it when I wanted but have not found anything like that for ICS at all.
Last edited by molitar; 25th August 2012 at 06:14 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Sprint Galaxy S III Original Android Development by ThreadRank