Can the HTC Touch HD rotate screen in landscape mode?

Search This thread

TripleMPower

Jun 25, 2008
Hi!

I just got the HTC Touch HD a couple of days ago.

Just wondering how to make the screen rotate on the HTC Touch HD in landscape mode.

Can anyone guide me on how to get the screen to rotate please?

^Rook

Dec 13, 2008
near Utrecht
Hi,

Great information, thank you very much ! I have successfully 'activated' this extra option with the use of Total Commander's built-in Registry Editor (another excellent find on this site :)).

It is a great way to get a feel for what programms look like in Landscape Mode, since I haven't (yet) installed any Auto-Rotate programms.

Now I'd like to find a way to make accessing this Setting easier/faster because everytime you go back to a TouchFlo 3D screen the Device changes back to Portrait-mode. Back to browsing the forum; am getting my HD set-up the way I like it...one step at a time...;)

Regards,

Rolf (SmartPhone-newbie from The Netherlands)

^Rook

Dec 13, 2008
near Utrecht
Hi,

GSEN makes exactly what you asked :)

I understand popular alternatives are Gyrator 2 or Mobile Magic :)

I myself would like to be able to rotate the screen manually only. After editing the Registry as per the above description this is now possible on my Touch HD.

This however takes a lot of clicks so I hope to find a way to assign this option to either a Start Menu Shortcut or a long-press Hotkey. I think I stumbled across a post regarding this issue in one of my many hours reading through this forum and its Wiki. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time so I'll have to try and find that information again...:D

Regards,

Rolf

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
Hi,

I understand popular alternatives are Gyrator 2 or Mobile Magic :)

I myself would like to be able to rotate the screen manually only. After editing the Registry as per the above description this is now possible on my Touch HD.

This however takes a lot of clicks so I hope to find a way to assign this option to either a Start Menu Shortcut or a long-press Hotkey. I think I stumbled across a post regarding this issue in one of my many hours reading through this forum and its Wiki. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time so I'll have to try and find that information again...:D

Regards,

Rolf
I found this little utility, it opens a pop-up window that rotates the screen and gives you the option of which position you want. I have used AEPlus button mapper to assign it to the "volume up" button. It works great, but the only thing is....don't try to rotate the TouchFlo3d windows, it doesn't like that at all. I think that is why the HD doesn't auto-rotate yet, TF3d can't take it. Start the app that you want to use, then activate the "Screen Rotate" utility.
http://classic.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=27016

^Rook

Dec 13, 2008
near Utrecht
Hi Michi,

So why don´t you do just that? Assign the rotation to the long-press-answer-key. That´s what I´ve done from day one....

Because I didn't know one COULD do that :eek: :eek: Hahaha... Thanks so much for pointing this out to me :cool: I did it right away and it works great...even with TouchFlo !

Was this option available in Key Assigment right away or only after the registry was altered as described above :confused:

Regards,

Rolf

chaosdefinesorder

Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge
I found this little utility, it opens a pop-up window that rotates the screen and gives you the option of which position you want. I have used AEPlus button mapper to assign it to the "volume up" button. It works great, but the only thing is....don't try to rotate the TouchFlo3d windows, it doesn't like that at all. I think that is why the HD doesn't auto-rotate yet, TF3d can't take it. Start the app that you want to use, then activate the "Screen Rotate" utility.
http://classic.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=27016

I might be being blind, but I can't see a "download" link anywhere on that page!

chaosdefinesorder

Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge

yeah, thanks, that's where I got it from in the end, but it took until th 9th google search result to find that website and thus a working download location! That's rediculous for a freeware application!

Amusing thing is, I went to assign this to a button using AE Button Plus, and it turns out there's already an option in that program to assign buttons to "rotate screen" and "rotate screen clockwize" (american-sic) missed it before due to not looking for it specifically at the time!

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
The screen doesnt remain in landscape mode.

After accessing the call menu it goes back to portrait mode.
I can get the phone screen to go landscape with the rotate app in AEBplus, but if I'm in landscape in another app and switch to the phone app, it goes back to portrait. Maybe the problem is the HTC phone screen, the generic WM probably works ok.

Last edited:

Matterhorn

Nov 29, 2004
Google Pixel 3
yeah, thanks, that's where I got it from in the end, but it took until th 9th google search result to find that website and thus a working download location! That's rediculous for a freeware application!

Amusing thing is, I went to assign this to a button using AE Button Plus, and it turns out there's already an option in that program to assign buttons to "rotate screen" and "rotate screen clockwize" (american-sic) missed it before due to not looking for it specifically at the time!

I didn't see that in AEButtons Plus, thanks for the tip.