5,605,187 Members 38,719 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Instruction + Files on How to Un-bricked and Band unlock Droid 2 Global with 629 ROM

Tip us?

qh8519a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for the response. Yes, the phone is in bootloader mode, but there are errors at this point on the device (A5, 70,70, and a few others....I assume because it is bricked). It does say ready or OK to program, so i assume the software should flash over. Once I hit one in the linux setup, then it goes through a bit of scripting and ends with 'critical error' RX(7)[02]ERR{IE}G[C33}. When I reboot the phone, I get a (something like) febe 0047 critical error.

I get the phone going again by going through the first few steps of the process again.

Thanks
Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigham View Post
When does the critical error occur? Also, is the phone in bootloader mode when you choose 1?

bhigham
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Ok, that makes me wonder one of two things. Were you able to verify the MD5 of the CD image?
Also, how much memory does the computer have? Due to the way the liveCD works and all, it needs to have at least 1 gig of RAM in order to work.

qh8519a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The computer has 2 gigs of RAM, but I am not sure how to verify the MD5 of the CD image. I have a technical background, but I am new to the phone thing. How would I verify the MD5 of the CD image?

Thanks again for your continued support!
Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigham View Post
Ok, that makes me wonder one of two things. Were you able to verify the MD5 of the CD image?
Also, how much memory does the computer have? Due to the way the liveCD works and all, it needs to have at least 1 gig of RAM in order to work.

bhigham
Old
Thanks Meter 76
There are multiple programs available, one I have used is at
http://portableapps.com/apps/utiliti...d5sum_portable
on that page is a portable version (no software gets installed on the system), but if you click the Learn more about winMd5Sum... link, it will take you to an installable version.
Also, I am assuming that the critical error you are referencing is on the computer, not the phone, correct?

qh8519a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks, I will check out the link. I get a critical error on my PC in the linux stuff and I also get the febe 0047 crtical error on the machine. I am going to try a difference machine to be sure it is not machine specific.

Thanks
Drew

qh8519a
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thanks for your efforts. It appears the issue was between the keyboard and the chair. The USB device I was using was just shy of the needed space for the files. I never got an error and assumed all the file was transferred. When I copied the image to a CD, it worked great. Thank again!

Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by qh8519a View Post
Thanks, I will check out the link. I get a critical error on my PC in the linux stuff and I also get the febe 0047 crtical error on the machine. I am going to try a difference machine to be sure it is not machine specific.

Thanks
Drew

bhigham
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by qh8519a View Post
Thanks for your efforts. It appears the issue was between the keyboard and the chair. The USB device I was using was just shy of the needed space for the files. I never got an error and assumed all the file was transferred. When I copied the image to a CD, it worked great. Thank again!

Drew
That is helpful info to know, for future troubleshooting. Glad it finally worked for you.

danifunker
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 238

DONATE TO ME
@OP

Did all the instructions. Took a while to gather all the files and prepare everything, but after about 3 hours it was all good!

I did this process just in case I need to go roaming in the US, I'm up in Canada and using Rogers as my provider. They use AT&T for roaming...

Mental 1
Old
(Last edited by Mental 1; 19th August 2012 at 01:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Droid 2G Rooted in less steps.

I rooted a Droid 2 Global 2.3.4 (.629) on the Verizon network.
Followed instructions from another site which had the first ten steps
listed here, just written out a little different and also didn't require a phone call to Verizon
or having to unlock sim but worked almost perfectly.
The 2 problems that I came across was the Phone section did not make calls and some drop down menus
would not stay down or respond. Actually it would not connect to the cell network but everything else worked perfectly.
Did a factory reset from the Recovery and let the phone reset itself in wich it received the Verizon info as if it was new.
When all was said and done it kept the root. I'm new to rooting, only 2 Droids. I just wanted to let others know
that there may be short cuts in this rooting method. Thanks to all who keep this hobby alive.
Droid 2 Ginger 2.3.4 (.621) ROOTED (second time)
Droid 2 Global 2.3.4 (.629) ROOTED
Life in the Droid world is HAPPY again.

Eugeniu001
Old
(Last edited by Eugeniu001; 19th August 2012 at 04:05 AM.) Reason: added info
Thanks Meter 0
Default i think i bricked my phone :(

hello.
i think i just bricked my motorola droid 2 global
i am stuck at: 12. Flash 608 using EzSBF on USB stick (1KDStaz_D2G_4.5.608.iso) --> After flash completed, phone will BRICKED, don’t worry
don't really understand how to do it.
i am using windows 7.
and another thing about me to know is that i am stupid as ****, when it comes to use the computers... so, i believe i just broke my phone
any advice?

thanks in advance!

p.s. it seems that the battery is low, also and i can't relly do anything with the device. it does not seem to charge at all... it is plugged in the outlet for like an hour or so.