What happened to my phone???

20th August 2012, 01:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

22 posts
So I flashed Paranoid-Android Jellybean and it just screwed up my phone. I had to use Odin to bring it back to stock. Now I've got it almost back to where I want it but I can't for the life of me get CWM recovery onto my phone. Its got super user on it and I can go into the CWM app and tell it to flash CWM and it says it was successful but upon booting into recovery I'm getting the Android 3e recovery with signature verification. I've tried to replace the recovery file with the modified one but if I reboot my phone it just hangs at the Samsung screen. I tried to install SGS kernel flasher as well but its failing to download/install it. Hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong because I don't remember ever having this much trouble.
20th August 2012, 02:26 AM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Flag 1871 miles E-NE of Judge Joseph Dredd
Thanks Meter: 2,373

1,693 posts
More
You can use this to get your recovery back -thanks and credit to qkster and Entropy512
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1524081
Questions, let me know and I'll try to help.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 04:21 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Alright, downloaded and used that program. It went through and flashed perfectly fine and was easy to use; only issue is my recovery didn't work any better. I was able to boot into recovery but when I did it was just a scrambled mess of colors. I then used Odin to flash back and now I'm back at the Android 3e recovery again. I've tried to replace the recovery file and boot into recovery but it just hangs at the Samsung logo and if I replace the update.zip it won't flash because its not signed correctly. I've also tried to flash via Rom Manager and it says it went through and was successful and has my "latest version" set as the version I just flashed.

I'm lost as to what I'm doing wrong.
20th August 2012, 04:30 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor

1,693 posts
More
Ok- it may be a process but I am willing to help you figure this out. Once you learn, as long as you are going to be flashing roms, it will come in handy in the future. Couple of questions:
Have you used Heimdall before?
Did you also flash the kernel (Entropy's Daily Driver) in post 2?
Last edited by Pony Express; 20th August 2012 at 04:37 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 05:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

22 posts
Ok didn't even notice there was a way of installing the kernel that way. Did it and now I have a working recovery!!! Thank you so much. I've bricked my phone before but odin fixed it no problem. I'll keep this in mind next time. Saved me a lot of time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldaggerl For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th August 2012, 05:49 AM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor

1,693 posts
More
Glad to hear this - nice work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pony Express For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread