5,594,077 Members 46,570 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Whats the latest recovery I can flash to my rooted phone so I can install custom roms

Tip us?

colhavoc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default Whats the latest recovery I can flash to my rooted phone so I can install custom roms

Hi,

I have a Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted as per the thread instructions, and a copy of CWN 5.5.0.4 (All Variants) installed as well. I want to start trying out the JB Roms (Namely, the JellyBro one available for the phone) and I read in the thread that I needed the latest version of CWM Installed. I'm not sure which one will work if I flashed it to my phone correctly, so I need to know which one I can flash for my phone. Can I get it rom the CWM site (Says AT&T S3 is up to 6.0.1.2) but is the AT&T version the one I need for sure? I also tried via ROM Manager, it doesn't list my model phone for some reason.

Thanks in advance.

Kapn.K
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by colhavoc View Post
Hi,

I have a Bell Samsung Galaxy S3 rooted as per the thread instructions, and a copy of CWN 5.5.0.4 (All Variants) installed as well. I want to start trying out the JB Roms (Namely, the JellyBro one available for the phone) and I read in the thread that I needed the latest version of CWM Installed. I'm not sure which one will work if I flashed it to my phone correctly, so I need to know which one I can flash for my phone. Can I get it rom the CWM site (Says AT&T S3 is up to 6.0.1.2) but is the AT&T version the one I need for sure? I also tried via ROM Manager, it doesn't list my model phone for some reason.

Thanks in advance.
I used something like 5.8 and then tried TWRP. I only use TWRP, now. I got the info from TonyStark's att directory thread or maybe the ATT Ultimatum rom thread. Either will work. I've got an ATT but everything I've read says the Bell and ATT model are the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kapn.K For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

colhavoc
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapn.K View Post
I used something like 5.8 and then tried TWRP. I only use TWRP, now. I got the info from TonyStark's att directory thread or maybe the ATT Ultimatum rom thread. Either will work. I've got an ATT but everything I've read says the Bell and ATT model are the same.
Thanks for the help. I used CWM 6.0.1.2 for ATT and it flashed perfectly! Now, i'm just trying to choose what ROM to go with, and if I have to install a KERNEL for it or not.

Thanks again.
Tags
bell, cwm, galaxy s3, s iii