Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Problems doing OTA upgrate after root - not standard problem

OP marijan_e

20th August 2012, 10:54 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
Hello,

I am currently running rooted stock rom with HTC Dev unlocked bootloader with clockwork recovery. When I tried to download and install OTA it of course fails. I installed stock recovery, same thing installation always stucks at 1/3. I tried relocking bootloader, i tried un root. And I even tried to install Maximus rom (after unlocking bootloader and installing clockwork again) and I cant. Is there something that I messed up?

Is it possible I am using wrong stock recovery image?
20th August 2012, 11:08 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 340

1,524 posts
Donate to Me
More
Go with the ruu. And why would you think it's not standard problem?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
20th August 2012, 11:11 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAGOT

Go with the ruu. And why would you think it's not standard problem?

I installed RUU (the one that doesn't contain latest update) and same thing happened, isntallation just freezes.

I was under impression that this problem usually happens when there is no stock recovery or when USB cable remains plugged in, which is not my case.
20th August 2012, 11:16 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 340

1,524 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marijan_e

I installed RUU (the one that doesn't contain latest update) and same thing happened, isntallation just freezes.

I was under impression that this problem usually happens when there is no stock recovery or when USB cable remains plugged in, which is not my case.

well for me it stopped also till I flashed the correct ruu. Without charge or bad recovery or unlocked.

Now I am bit confused. The ruu works and the ota after fails or the ruu fails the same way as the ota?

20th August 2012, 11:20 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
not sure whic RUU I installed but it worked on device, OTA fails with stock recovery, no matter if i have unlocked or relocked bootloader
Last edited by marijan_e; 20th August 2012 at 11:22 PM.
21st August 2012, 08:29 AM   |  #6  
Flag derby
Thanks Meter: 174

519 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by marijan_e

not sure whic RUU I installed but it worked on device, OTA fails with stock recovery, no matter if i have unlocked or relocked bootloader

if you have flashed any system mods or deleted any system apps the ota will fail
21st August 2012, 11:35 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

23 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bogfather

if you have flashed any system mods or deleted any system apps the ota will fail

i just rooted after installing stock ruu, then i reverted to stock recovery and locked bootloader
Last edited by marijan_e; 21st August 2012 at 11:40 AM.
21st August 2012, 11:49 AM   |  #8  

51 posts
First use htc One x toolkit wich is found here somwwhere. Downliad the latest 2.17 RUU.exe. with toolkit lock your bootloader.(of you are using a custom rom it reboots back into bootloader) use the fastboot option and then run the latest 2.17 RUU. Lower versions don't work

Hope you will succeed

Sent from my HTC One X

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread