Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,519 Members 38,421 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][HYBRID][Jellybean] PARANOIDANDROID v1.991 - Non-kexec only!

Tip us?

somerandomguy1
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbellis View Post
my real question is, How do I get CWM to work? I thought I installed the right thing on my phone but it was something called goo.im and did not work. I have the bootloader unloacked. I think I just need CWM now.
That might be the goo manager, but I'm not all that familiar with that.

To get CWM, use EZ-Recovery (found in the Play store). From there you can flash 6.0.1.0 from the menu or whatever recovery you want.

That guide has a walkthrough for just about everything that's available to be flashed right now, i'd rely on that.
The Following User Says Thank You to somerandomguy1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rbellis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by somerandomguy1 View Post
That might be the goo manager, but I'm not all that familiar with that.

To get CWM, use EZ-Recovery (found in the Play store). From there you can flash 6.0.1.0 from the menu or whatever recovery you want.

That guide has a walkthrough for just about everything that's available to be flashed right now, i'd rely on that.
LOL I feel like a DUMBASS! I saw the flash option after I posted this. WOW!

drbobmd
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
Hey guys. I just got my S3 the other day adn I am loving it. I love the look of this ROM and really want to try it. I am not new to flashing. This is my 3rd droid. With that said, I do not understand the extra things that have to be done like unlocking the bootloader and this kenec. I have tried to download the recovery program and all the licks i have come across are dead.

Can someone please give me a hand? I feel like I have started all over and have no clue what is going on here
The link in somerandomguy1's post is exactly where i started. Start with root using Odin, which is basically a flashing utility. Then unlock the bl, search the play store for ez-unlock (one click bl unlock tool, its pretty self explanatory once you open it). Then search play for ez-recovery which you can use to flash cwm or team win's recovery (i use cwm) then flash the rom/gapps as usual. These are all the as-basic-as-it-gets way of doing these things, if you want to do all manually search the regular development thread for each process.

Kexec was/is used to bypass bootloader lockdown on a number of devices to allow flashing custom roms and kernels. If i remember correctly it would hijack the boot sequence after the first stage bootloader before the stock kernel was loaded into memory in order to allow the custom one to take its place and then proceed booting the rom. Since the bootloader is now unlocked, this process is obsolete as we can load our custom software without the need of exploiting the security checks locked bl's impose, and the right parts of the device can be programmed directly.

All of this information is throughout the vsgs3 development forums. The xda search function up to the right and google are your friends, and friends like attention

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to drbobmd For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KINGDROID25
Old
Thanks Meter 297
I tried this ROM out my data was a lil "wonky" and I noticed my min in abt phone was unknown so I got freaked out and now I'm on cm10 skanks version.. can wait for these aosp ROM to become more stable I love the concept of this ROM...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

unboostedzc
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDROID25 View Post
I tried this ROM out my data was a lil "wonky" and I noticed my min in abt phone was unknown so I got freaked out and now I'm on cm10 skanks version.. can wait for these aosp ROM to become more stable I love the concept of this ROM...

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
^^check a page or two back that I replied to that fixes both issues

rbellis
Old
Thanks Meter 17
thank you everyone. Can I flash this hybrid rom with CWM? or does this require the kenec?

drbobmd
Old
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:
thank you everyone. Can I flash this hybrid rom with CWM? or does this require the kenec?
Yeah just make sure to use cwm 6.0.1.0 as it has kexec support built in. Cwm 6.0.1.1 might support it but im not sure

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

kevman8396
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Default What did I do wrong?

I downloaded this ROM on my phone and then tried to flash it through Recovery and now my phone will not turn on. Did I do something incorrectly?

trafalger888
Old
Thanks Meter 224
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevman8396
I downloaded this ROM on my phone and then tried to flash it through Recovery and now my phone will not turn on. Did I do something incorrectly?
What does your phone do when you try to turn it on? Also what recovery did you use? This is still a kexec ROM so needs the kexec enabled recovery.

Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci velit
If I have helped you please hit the thanks button

kevman8396
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by trafalger888 View Post
What does your phone do when you try to turn it on? Also what recovery did you use? This is still a kexec ROM so needs the kexec enabled recovery.
The only time it will try to turn on is if i pull the battery and put it back in. Then it will bring up the Galaxy s3 screen and then go black. I was using CWM recovery version 6