Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,988 Members 54,106 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Compatible sd-cards?

Tip us?

efex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Default Compatible sd-cards?

What microSD-cards are you using, that are fully compatible with the TF300T?

I bought 2 cards recently, having issues with both of them. I just ordered a new card reader for my PC, hope that fixes the issues.

Card 1: Transcend 32GB Class 10 - Formatted to NTFS.
Issue: Fully working on PC. On the TF300T it is read only.

Card 2: Sandisk 64GB ultra class 10 (SDXC), formatted to NTFS
Issue: On PC, only visible when in SD-card adapter, write lock ON (switch option). When write lock is set to OFF, no card found. On the TF300T, I get read-only.

Will try to reformat the cards tomorrow when I get the card reader, hopefully that will solve the issues..
Current Devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 [SM-N9005]
ROM: Omega

Sony Xperia Tablet Z (pollux)
ROM: PAC

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM | HTC Desire HD | HTC Legend | HTC Magic
Retired Tablets:
Asus Transformer Pad TF300T 32GB

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by efex View Post
What microSD-cards are you using, that are fully compatible with the TF300T?

I bought 2 cards recently, having issues with both of them. I just ordered a new card reader for my PC, hope that fixes the issues.

Card 1: Transcend 32GB Class 10 - Formatted to NTFS.
Issue: Fully working on PC. On the TF300T it is read only.

Card 2: Sandisk 64GB ultra class 10 (SDXC), formatted to NTFS
Issue: On PC, only visible when in SD-card adapter, write lock ON (switch option). When write lock is set to OFF, no card found. On the TF300T, I get read-only.

Will try to reformat the cards tomorrow when I get the card reader, hopefully that will solve the issues..
Your issue is the file system you have used for the cards, not the cards themselves. Android can't write to NTFS, only read it.

Buster99
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbojugend View Post
Your issue is the file system you have used for the cards, not the cards themselves. Android can't write to NTFS, only read it.
not quiet correct - there are kernel ntfs addons that work (a700 stock rom eg. r/w ntfs 32gb)

do you have a terminal installed? whats fdisk telling you about your card?

cheers

OnePlus One - latest PA Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster99 View Post
not quiet correct - there are kernel ntfs addons that work (a700 stock rom eg. r/w ntfs 32gb)

do you have a terminal installed? whats fdisk telling you about your card?

cheers
They should cook that into every ROM, if it is available. It isn't a huge pain in the ass to use a card reader, but I have to anyway since Google Android transfer for Mac is the worst piece of **** software ever made, limiting 4 gig file size.

efex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Formatted my 32GB card to FAT32, but I really prefer NTFS because of the file size limitations (whats the point of a 64GB card when you cant have 4+GB files on it?!)

Anyway, as FAT32 the 32GB card works as it should. Just hope the CM team will fix support for write on NTFS soon...
Current Devices:

Retired Phones:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 | Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM | HTC Desire HD | HTC Legend | HTC Magic
Retired Tablets:

Buster99
Old
Thanks Meter 237

DONATE TO ME
there was a ntfs mount app in play store - had soso success with it - sometimes it worked sometimes it fc'd on me...

mb try that - since you have two cards you can use one as a guineapig with the app.

gl

cheers

OnePlus One - latest PA Rom, TWRP2 /\ V500 - PAC-Man ROM - TWRP2 /\ TF300t - CyanogenMOD 11 ART - TWRP2 /\ Work: Xperia Z1 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery
retired:
GT-I9505 - PAC-Man ROM - Philz Touch Recovery /\ A700 - PAC-Man Rom - TWRP2 /\ Galaxy Nexus - CM10 - TWRP2 /\ Sony X10 rooted stock (crappy phone) /\ iphone 4 (work)

Stay Secure - Use LastPass Passwordmanager (and get 1 month free for your android device)

if I was of assistance kindly hit the thanks button

Turbojugend
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
there was a ntfs mount app in play store - had soso success with it - sometimes it worked sometimes it fc'd on me...

mb try that - since you have two cards you can use one as a guineapig with the app.

gl

cheers
It allowed you to delete files from the ntfs card as well?

efex
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 20
Quote:

gl

cheers
Thanks for the tip, I`ll try it

Sent from my Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
Current Devices:

Retired Phones:
Retired Tablets: