Post Reply

Help!!-ICS Upgrade not shwn in updates

OP casseer15

20th August 2012, 11:45 AM   |  #1  
casseer15's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panadura
Thanks Meter: 56
 
257 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
i bought an htc incredible 2
it has gingerbread installed.
i tried to update it. but update says network error.
all other apps including browser uses network fine.
please help. i need to update to ICS.
Note-It is an unlocked Verizon mobile. not factory unlocked and I'm not in USA.
20th August 2012, 12:58 PM   |  #2  
JehC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Huntsville
Thanks Meter: 47
 
270 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
HTC hasn't released ICS for dinc2 yet

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app
20th August 2012, 04:09 PM   |  #3  
Jizzylax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 541
 
1,497 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Lmfao

Sent from my ADR6350 using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jizzylax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2012, 03:38 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 5
 
95 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by JehC

HTC hasn't released ICS for dinc2 yet

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda app-developers app

maybe he is in china
22nd August 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 134
 
512 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
Really? At the risk of sounding like a jerk.... How did you even find your way into the Q&A section without seeing tons of posts about "When will we get the ICS update?"

Just to let you know, once the OTA ICS update is released you will not be able to download it since you are not on the Verizon network. What you will need to do is S-OFF (or at least HTC Dev Unlock) your phone so that you can flash a custom rom. The best part about this is that you don't even have to wait for a custom rom to be released thanks to our awesome devs! You have tons of options for ICS, if you want stock Nitsuj17 just posted a leaked version of the update earlier today and he also has another sense ICS rom out, CondemnedSoul soul has a few nice options (AOKP and CM9 or if you want JellyBean he has the new version of AOKP as well,) Aerovan has an awesome CM9 and a CM10 rom, TazzPatriot has a sense ICS rom out too. There are others as well, those are just the ones that spring to mind.
The Following User Says Thank You to cstone1991 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2012, 02:38 PM   |  #6  
casseer15's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panadura
Thanks Meter: 56
 
257 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
Smile Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstone1991

Really? At the risk of sounding like a jerk.... How did you even find your way into the Q&A section without seeing tons of posts about "When will we get the ICS update?"

Just to let you know, once the OTA ICS update is released you will not be able to download it since you are not on the Verizon network. What you will need to do is S-OFF (or at least HTC Dev Unlock) your phone so that you can flash a custom rom. The best part about this is that you don't even have to wait for a custom rom to be released thanks to our awesome devs! You have tons of options for ICS, if you want stock Nitsuj17 just posted a leaked version of the update earlier today and he also has another sense ICS rom out, CondemnedSoul soul has a few nice options (AOKP and CM9 or if you want JellyBean he has the new version of AOKP as well,) Aerovan has an awesome CM9 and a CM10 rom, TazzPatriot has a sense ICS rom out too. There are others as well, those are just the ones that spring to mind.

Thanks. This is my first android phone so i'm a newbie. i used Nokia before.
All of the people here you are the only one that helped. thank you for that.+1.
can you please te me where to get the stock ics rom.
thanks in advance.
22nd August 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #7  
Jizzylax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 541
 
1,497 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by casseer15

Thanks. This is my first android phone so i'm a newbie. i used Nokia before.
All of the people here you are the only one that helped. thank you for that.+1.
can you please te me where to get the stock ics rom.
thanks in advance.

There is no real "stock" ICS ROM yet as it hasn't been released. The closest ROMs to stock ICS at the moment are:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846304

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1745483

The first link is the closest as it is from a test leak.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jizzylax For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd August 2012, 05:58 PM   |  #8  
casseer15's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Panadura
Thanks Meter: 56
 
257 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
More
thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizzylax

There is no real "stock" ICS ROM yet as it hasn't been released. The closest ROMs to stock ICS at the moment are:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1846304

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1745483

The first link is the closest as it is from a test leak.

Thanks. +1.
22nd August 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #9  
kubes069's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 34
 
179 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by casseer15

Thanks. +1.

Just stay stock. If you are that much of a rookie to this, it just might make things worse at this point in time. Most don't have GSM working 100% from what I understand (GSM users can correct me on that).

But, if you haven't even rooted yet, you are still a bit away from being able to flash one of those bad boys. I say give it another week at least to see what these devs can do with the leaked rom.

It will probably be easier for you. If not, and you think you are ready to take the plunge, than good luck and enjoy!

The Following User Says Thank You to kubes069 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes