Search This thread

wlmeng11

Apr 23, 2012
Palo Alto, CA
I am needing these instructions because my device will not get past the 4G boot animation after updating to the global roaming update (4.03.605.1). I was previously on 3.14.605.10. I had tried to update to 3.14.605.12 but I couldn't so I thought it would be ok to skip it and go straight to the global roaming update. Apparently I was wrong. Up to that point I was still locked. Now, in my meager efforts to repair, I have unlocked and flashed a custom recovery using hansoon's all in one tool, simply because it seemed like all roads to recovery pointed in that direction. But that's where it all stops. I cannot find any way to flash a stock ROM while on an unlocked bootloader. I simply want this phone to be exactly how it would be if someone were to pick it up from a Verizon store (except with having a re-locked bootloader rather than locked). This route seems like my best bet except for the fact that I'm on Hboot 2.27 now with and this process only seems to work up through 2.25. Are there any things I can do to make this work?

You should ask this in a QA thread.

Anyway, you can downgrade to the previous update if you're S off.

Are you able to flash a custom recovery in fastboot? You should be able to so long as your bootloader is unlocked.

Sent from my NeoMax Rezound

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
I am needing these instructions because my device will not get past the 4G boot animation after updating to the global roaming update (4.03.605.1). I was previously on 3.14.605.10. I had tried to update to 3.14.605.12 but I couldn't so I thought it would be ok to skip it and go straight to the global roaming update. Apparently I was wrong. Up to that point I was still locked. Now, in my meager efforts to repair, I have unlocked and flashed a custom recovery using hansoon's all in one tool, simply because it seemed like all roads to recovery pointed in that direction. But that's where it all stops. I cannot find any way to flash a stock ROM while on an unlocked bootloader. I simply want this phone to be exactly how it would be if someone were to pick it up from a Verizon store (except with having a re-locked bootloader rather than locked). This route seems like my best bet except for the fact that I'm on Hboot 2.27 now with and this process only seems to work up through 2.25. Are there any things I can do to make this work?

Did you flash the ruu twice?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
NOTE: The unbrick ONLY WORKS if you bricked changing from S-OFF to S-ON with "writesecureflag 3"

You can do it without his auto script. Basically the script the dexter is b*tching about automates step 5 (as far as I can tell). emmc_recover is attached in the unbrick.zip. You will also need a stock, signed hboot that is the version that corresponds to what is bricked.

Anyway, this should work:

1.) Boot up to Linux

2.) Copy the emmc_recover file and the hboot file you want to flash to the linux box somewhere, just in your home folder will do.

3.) START ALL YOUR TERMINAL SESSIONS with sudo -s (enter your password and make sure you've got your root (#) prompt.

4.) Run the command chmod 0755 /path/to/emmc_recover (changing "/path/to" to wherever it resides)

5.) Now this is where it's a little tricky, because you don't know exactly what device it's going to show up as... (mine showed up as /dev/sdb12 one time, then /dev/sdc12 a second time) So, in order to cover for this, open several terminal windows (starting with sudo -s) and type in the following command in each one just changing the third letter from b to c and d and so on.
Code:
./emmc_recover --flash hbootName.nb0 --device /dev/sdb12

So the next one would be /dev/sdc12, and so on.

It will ask you "Are you sure" press enter, it will ask once more, press Enter again. It should say "Waiting device /dev/sdb12......." (or sdc or whatever)

Make sure you get all your terminal windows to show this waiting state. And make sure you can SEE all of their outputs...

5.) Now... Holding down the Volume Down key, (and hold it down the ENTIRE time) and Plug the phone in (keep holding vol-down), now watch your terminal windows, ONE of them will say "Foundit!" and then say the following:

Code:
511+1 records in
511+1 records out
1047808 bytes (1.0 MB) copied, 0.36689 s, 2.9 MB/s
Retun code is 0
Ubuntu's USB service will lock up, a bunch of windows will pop up as if it's trying to mount disk drives and the screen will go to a terminal screen (press ctrl alt del to get out of that)

Other notes: Remove SIM, microSD card and battery and connect the device using the USB cable. This procedure must be done without battery. Flash the RUU of the hboot version right after you recover! You also might not need to hold volume down when plugging it in.

Attachments

• Unbrick.zip
    286.9 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

af974

Retired Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mod
Jan 22, 2008
Redmi Note 8
Ok, let's go step by step:

* It should be better for you to communicate via PM instead in a pubblic forum, even better because you are both Recognized Contributors.

* Probably OP did this in bona feath but you can't just simply copy & paste the entire first post without even contact the other user.

* No member of the other team requested this thread closed or deleted nor they made any report.

Since all the above, i'm not going to close this thread so you can fix it if you want.

And.....this http://www.xda-developers.com/annou...addition-to-sharing-policy-on-xda-developers/

@ all, please stay away to post no sense crap.

SynisterWolf

Retired Senior Moderator
Sep 4, 2010
Northern California
xdaforums.com

* It should be better for you to communicate via PM instead in a pubblic forum, even better because you are both Recognized Contributors.

* Probably OP did this in bona feath but you can't just simply copy & paste the entire first post without even contact the other user.

* No member of the other team requested this thread closed or deleted nor they made any report.

Since all the above, i'm not going to close this thread so you can fix it if you want.

And.....this http://www.xda-developers.com/annou...addition-to-sharing-policy-on-xda-developers/

Thank you.

antp121

Jan 15, 2011
New Jersey
I guess you havent seen my pm's antp121 ?

Well, we don't need the script. It works w/o it. Also, I put a disclaimer in the OP for ya.

EDIT: Oh yeah and in your pm, you said I made a mess. I feel you did, but let's not start anything, since everything is well again.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

nallyvaico

Dec 26, 2006
Kiev
Hi guys
I seem to have bricked my phone too, though for different reasons.
I have a rooted and S-off Rezound, that had just been reflashed with 1.2 Rezound Meister Sense 4 ROM (GSM). Before, I had installed ROM Manager to facilitate the process.

I had worked for about 30 hours on this new ROM before this happened.
Any ideas? Sorry - am not Linux-savvy if that matters

yojoe600

Jan 10, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Hi guys
I seem to have bricked my phone too, though for different reasons.
I have a rooted and S-off Rezound, that had just been reflashed with 1.2 Rezound Meister Sense 4 ROM (GSM). Before, I had installed ROM Manager to facilitate the process.

I had worked for about 30 hours on this new ROM before this happened.
Any ideas? Sorry - am not Linux-savvy if that matters

Do you have clockwork mod recovery installed?

Sent from my Dinc... I mean Rezound

nallyvaico

Dec 26, 2006
Kiev
Do you have clockwork mod recovery installed?
Looks like false alarm.
After messing with the phone for ~2 hrs I removed battery, sim and SD cards, and let it lie so for at least 10 hours. When I got back home, I tried it... and voila! Magic works! :)) Interestingly, it DIDN'T start with the cable plugged-in to mains. So I removed it, and it worked.

Now, what does clockwork mod recovery mean? Before installing this rom, I had installed ROM Manager (seems like a clockwork utility), which is wiped out after the new rom is installed. Probably, I should start thinking brick, before it's too late. So, the clockwork mod recovery might help?

wlmeng11

Apr 23, 2012
Palo Alto, CA
Looks like false alarm.
After messing with the phone for ~2 hrs I removed battery, sim and SD cards, and let it lie so for at least 10 hours. When I got back home, I tried it... and voila! Magic works! :)) Interestingly, it DIDN'T start with the cable plugged-in to mains. So I removed it, and it worked.

Now, what does clockwork mod recovery mean? Before installing this rom, I had installed ROM Manager (seems like a clockwork utility), which is wiped out after the new rom is installed. Probably, I should start thinking brick, before it's too late. So, the clockwork mod recovery might help?

Clockworkmod has issues on this phone.
Use amonra.
Or twrp.

ROM manager automatically installs cwm recovery I think.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Folks, we are back in business thanks to Con! If you wanna unbrick, download the zip.

32bit md5: d7c934f7d1491bd5dc5d8dac2e670c62

64bit md5: 83663ba898eedd951d0003a4f3d86171

* not affiliated with Dexter and his team.
    NOTE: The unbrick ONLY WORKS if you bricked changing from S-OFF to S-ON with "writesecureflag 3"

You can do it without his auto script. Basically the script the dexter is b*tching about automates step 5 (as far as I can tell). emmc_recover is attached in the unbrick.zip. You will also need a stock, signed hboot that is the version that corresponds to what is bricked.

Anyway, this should work:

1.) Boot up to Linux

2.) Copy the emmc_recover file and the hboot file you want to flash to the linux box somewhere, just in your home folder will do.

3.) START ALL YOUR TERMINAL SESSIONS with sudo -s (enter your password and make sure you've got your root (#) prompt.

4.) Run the command chmod 0755 /path/to/emmc_recover (changing "/path/to" to wherever it resides)

5.) Now this is where it's a little tricky, because you don't know exactly what device it's going to show up as... (mine showed up as /dev/sdb12 one time, then /dev/sdc12 a second time) So, in order to cover for this, open several terminal windows (starting with sudo -s) and type in the following command in each one just changing the third letter from b to c and d and so on.
    Code:
    ./emmc_recover --flash hbootName.nb0 --device /dev/sdb12

So the next one would be /dev/sdc12, and so on.

It will ask you "Are you sure" press enter, it will ask once more, press Enter again. It should say "Waiting device /dev/sdb12......." (or sdc or whatever)

Make sure you get all your terminal windows to show this waiting state. And make sure you can SEE all of their outputs...

5.) Now... Holding down the Volume Down key, (and hold it down the ENTIRE time) and Plug the phone in (keep holding vol-down), now watch your terminal windows, ONE of them will say "Foundit!" and then say the following:

Code:
    511+1 records in
    511+1 records out
    1047808 bytes (1.0 MB) copied, 0.36689 s, 2.9 MB/s
    Retun code is 0
    Ubuntu's USB service will lock up, a bunch of windows will pop up as if it's trying to mount disk drives and the screen will go to a terminal screen (press ctrl alt del to get out of that)

Other notes: Remove SIM, microSD card and battery and connect the device using the USB cable. This procedure must be done without battery. Flash the RUU of the hboot version right after you recover! You also might not need to hold volume down when plugging it in.

[*unbrick*] is definitely not one of the tags permitted in the naming requirements by YZ

I kid I kid, good job :good:
    I have known this for months lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2