[5-5-2013][KERNEL][GT-S6102] Compact V1.3 for Galaxy Y DUOS (All roms supported)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Sorry i wont be continuing this as i dont have the phone anymore or the source files. Thread will be locked as there is no point to keep it open unless if anyone wants to continue this. Contact me via PM if you have any questions please

Hi, my friends...

First, a BIG thanks to

This is my first contribution to XDA...

I made this kernel from source code provided by Samsung "Opensource.samsung.com" For Galaxy Y Duos Device.. source file "GT-S6102_GB_Opensource.zip" .Please read this whole post before you install this kernel in your device..
Source code link is in my signature.

My reason for this kernel is to have these:
1. A fine tuned kernel for my daily use.
2. compatible with all rom.
3. simple, compact, yet still customizable
4. more battery life (if possible..)
5. good performance

Current features of 1.2.6:
  1. CPU FREQ:
  2. NETFILTER (Firewall support)
  3. Swap support
  4. CPU Governors: To know about governors click here
    • SmartassV2 --> Balanced(name changed to identify easily)
    • LAZY --> BattSaver(changed name)
    • Wheatley --> Turbodroid
    • Interactive
    • Performance
    • bcm21553(Tweaked)
    • ondemand
    • conservative(Tweaked)(default)
  5. I/O Schedulers: To know about I/O click here
    • Deadline
    • Noop
    • V(R)
    • SIO(Default)
  6. INIT.D support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
    More info on init.d click here go below in that post.
  7. Busybox support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
  8. Custom Boot logo (Improved quality)
  9. Ext4 Support. (Ext3 and 2 are supported too)
  10. NTFS support
  11. BACEM TWEAK included.
  12. Battery life improved..
  13. Performance tweaked..
  14. A2SD Supported

Download files required from next(2nd) post of this thread.. or click here

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
  1. Copy these files inside SDCard.. CompactV1.2.5.zip (kernel), CWM-6102.zip (ClockWorkMod Recovery tool)
    Note: Don't keep these files inside any "FOLDERS".. Just copy it to SDCard root (parent) folder..
  2. Switch off your mobile.
    After a small vibration (switch off confirmation) PRESS and HOLD 3 BUTTONS (VOLUME UP+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON)
    when samsung galaxy logo appears, release the 3 pressed keys..
  3. After few seconds.. You will see Android system recovery (red text with 4 options lines)..
    Select "apply update from sdcard"
    Note: (Volume up+down for "scrolling" through options or selection of files, home button for "select" any option.. in CWM only: power button for "back" option)
    Then Select "CWM-6102.zip".
  4. ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.6 is loaded now.
    Select "install zip from sdcard"
    Select "choose zip from sdcard"
    Scroll and Select "CompactV1.2.5.zip" and select "Yes"
    Wait till the menu appears again..
  5. Select "Reboot system now" and you have successfully installed Compact kernel.

If you don't understand any step or if you need info related to kernel, please ask in this thread. Anyone will help.. Just Don't forget to hit thanks button to them later :p

Copy notes: If you want to try to improve this kernel by modifying it or use it to create your own.. Please feel free to do it.. If you give credit then thanks.. If not no problem.. share and share and share more!!

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.. IT WORKS FINE AS CONFIRMED FROM ALL TESTERS BUT .....!

CREDITS:

Irfanbagus for bug fix of source code and BACEM TWEAK..
Kurotsugi for providing guidance and source of his kernel.
Manoranjan2050 for ALL the help with bug fixes, guidance and source code fix!!
Maroc-OS for providing tips and help and info for development and ramdisk..
Millan.SIS for providing valuable CWM and flash tool.
and Savie for providing tips and info.

Testers:
dr.manoj_n
Kundal
Me
lavadepa
Lion1001

sgyd12
viniciusmarques
you for supporting me

DONATIONS:
Xtreme666

Special thanks for supporting my work!
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT SOMEONE'S NAME IN CREDITS!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF I DID.. You can hit me and i will add you right away!! :p

If you got problems or if you wish to have stock kernel back.. DOWNLOAD Latest Stock Kernel(My own DDLG1 update) Its a CWM flashable zip.. So to install go to CWM and install
If you want to revert back to your old kernel. just rename Oldboot.img file to boot.img and replace it to Compact.zip file and follow installation procedure to install it.. Thanks for reading this!

Last edited:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Downloads & Change log :

Recommended latest version...

Please everyone.. Try to provide review/report from your side after installing the kernel.. It helps me to understand how many people are having issues/not if there are any.. Because if only persons with "Issues" report.. its hard for them and me to know whether others are having this problem or not.. (Do the same with all rom and kernel threads please) (devs spend a lot of time on creating stuff for them and others to use.. so please do spend 2 mins in writing review when you have free time.. Downloads numbers are below.. that many.. but only around 10-20 users posted..and thanks a lot to them for supporting...)

CWM recovery tool (Download) provided by Millan.SIS

Kernel: New version: (Not tested) Compact V 1.3 **NEW** (Download link)

Current/latest version: Compact V 1.2.6 (Download)

Known bugs: Seems brightness bug is there with 156.. If you got this bug after flashing this kernel.. Dont use 156 freq for now. i will release new version soon.. Do the above only after installation and checking the problem.

(Host: Mediafire site)

Older versions:

Compact V1.2.5 [DOWNLOAD]
w4ykd.jpg

Compact V1.2.2 kernel.. Bugs fixed.. (Download)
ZvQRb.jpg

Compact V1.2 Kernel (Download)
mm3ph.jpg

Compact V1.0 Kernel (Download)

ybZFW.jpg

Pics updated on :

alFy5.jpg

UPCOMING FEATURES PLANNED:
  • None at the moment.
  • Suggestions for imrovements? or if you want a kernel with specific features for your use.. I am planning to provide that specially for you.. PM me.

Change Log: "+" means added feature to its previous version.
  • V 1.0
    First release
    = firewall support
    = i/o: noop, deadline
    = a2sd supported
    = init.d support
    = busybox support
    = governors: powersave, bcm21533, performance
  • V 1.2
    + Swap support
    + New Boot logo
    + 624 Mhz freq added
    + Governors added: ondemand & conservative
    + NTFS support
    + ext4 support
    + cpu states (CPU SPY not showing) bug fix
    bug.. after reboot.. some features were not showing like governors and i/o and swap..
    + minor bug fixes to source
  • V 1.2.2
    + all bugs in V 1.2 fixed
  • V 1.2.5
    + Governors added:
    + SmartassV2 --> Balanced(name changed to identify easily)
    + LAZY --> BattSaver(changed name)
    + Wheatley --> Turbodroid
    + Interactive
    + conservative(Tweaked)(default)
    + bcm21553(Tweaked)

+ CPU FREQ added: 156 468 to existing 3 freq of V 1.2.2
    + I/O Schedulers added: V(R) & SIO(Default)
    + BACEM TWEAK included.
    + minor tweaks..
  • V 1.2.6
    + Improved boot logo
    + brightness bug(screen off/on brightness jumps to max sometimes in V 1.2.5) fix attempt.

• V 1.2.5 (Pre/Test version)
    check its features in the post itself.
    post link = Click here

Last edited:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Screen Shots:

Apps to use the features mentioned..
You can try avast for firewall feature, No-frills CPU Control for setting the above features like Freq, governors, I/O schedulers.. CPU SPY for checking CPU frequency states usage.. Quick System Info PRO for checking whether they are working and what all are included features. All 4 apps for free and available at google's play store.. Or You can try any other apps of your choice like Set CPU, CPU Tuner etc..! Enjoy!

W6eL4.png
MOLkU.png

xJbua.png
eTtbp.png

Boot splash image
Code:
      OLD                     NEW
logolinuxclut224.jpg
NBElQ.png

NETFILTER.. firewall tested.. see the below pic 3G is on but app has no internet..

ca3e4ffd-27cb-9f89.jpg

I/O SCHEDULERS:

jD1GU.png

CPU GOVERNORS:

4w6n2.png
fKpNh.png

je4Cn.png
eZ0pw.png

Last edited:

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
Kuro's kernel for DUOS

Also friends, kurotsugi has made a kernel for duos too.. So if you guys are fan of kuro's work.. or intersted to try the kernel.. Here i wanted to present kuro's kernel for duos.. [Download]

He is not going to continue work on it.. as he feels its not right or easy to develop kernel without device as testers may brick their device.. So i asked him and added his kernel here..

So, main question.. what it has?

Features: 4 frequencies...
7 governors...
5 i/o schedulers...

i think these are there.. but not sure.. please check and report..
swap... firewall support.. ext4..

and thats all for now.. enjoy everyone.. and please thank Kuro (kurotsugi) for his nice kernel contribution here..

Please note: dont ask any features or any requests on that kernel to him or me.. its a good kernel with good battery performance.. i have tested myself for a week..

Thanks kurotsugi for your great work and guidance to many users..

hit thanks button! If above post helps you..
Sent from my GT-S6102

Last edited:

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
we hav.. i mean u guys hav 3 kernels now... i smell competition now.. wanna do a race? for the first one to make his kernel overclock to 1ghz?? it would be fun!! it will make the competition productive!

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
we hav.. i mean u guys hav 3 kernels now... i smell competition now.. wanna do a race? for the first one to make his kernel overclock to 1ghz?? it would be fun!! it will make the competition productive!

Lol!! I'm not competing.. you and manoranjan kernels are like super bikes.. mine is like family bike :D

I mean mine is for basic uses.. manoranjan, yours are more power users...

hit thanks button! if above post helps u..
Sent from my GT-S6102

manoranjan2050

Dec 26, 2011
JAGATSINGHPUR
manoranjan2050.org
Lol!! I'm not competing.. you and manoranjan kernels are like super bikes.. mine is like family bike :D

I mean mine is for basic uses.. manoranjan, yours are more power users...

Sent from my GT-S6102

I have only one bike and i dn hv mny 2 bay new bike after race...... :D:D:D:D

If u both need i invst some mny ... :):):)

lavadepa

May 15, 2012
www.sanineeladevi.com
Hi, my friends...:D:laugh:

First, a BIG thanks to Manoranjan2050 for his quick guidance [GUIDE] and lots and lots of help!!

Also BIG thanks for Millan.SIS for providing KernelFlasherv2, cwm tools..

I made this kernel from source code provided by Samsung "Opensource.samsung.com" For Galaxy Y Duos Device.. source file "GT-S6102_GB_Opensource.zip"

Please read this whole post before you install this kernel in your device and since its only for my needs i didn't add too many features in this.. But if anyone has same needs as mine they can use this...

5. good performance

Coming features: 1. 2 more CPU Frequencies
2. 2 more CPU governors(ondemand, conservative)
3. Tweaks
4. Splash image(may be)

I have tested it and running still in my device.. So its booting and working fine.. But still for safety i advice you to keep another kernel for flashing if bootloop occurs.. for ex download iDUOS 1.3.1.zip file.. its easy to install or any other of your choice...

If you don't understand any step or if you need info related to kernel, please ask in this thread. Anyone will help.. Just Don't forget to hit thanks button to them later:p

If you got problems or if you wish to have stock kernel back.. DOWNLOAD Latest Stock Kernel(My own DDLG1 update) Its in rar format.. unrar it.. and keep that boot.img in place of Compact boot.img and follow same procedure..

Here are screenshots..

ca3e4ffd-27be-b5eb.jpg

NETFILTER.. firewall tested.. see the below pic 3G is on but app has no internet..

ca3e4ffd-27cb-9f89.jpg

ca3e4ffd-2819-6eb2.jpg
ca3e4ffd-285e-e8cb.jpg

ca3e4ffd-2842-befc.jpg
ca3e4ffd-2c4c-f79d.jpg

Apps to use the features..

ca3e4ffd-2c5e-7755.jpg
ca3e4ffd-2cc5-f4f7.jpg

You can try avast for firewall, No-frills CPU Control for setting the above features, Quick System Info PRO for checking whether they are working.. All 3 apps for free and available at google's play store.. Or You can try any other apps of your choice! Enjoy!

CREDITS:
Manoranjan2050 for ALL the help and guidance!!
Kurotsugi for providing tips and info.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DEVICE BREAKS!! (Its working.. Still.....)

Copy notes: If you want to try to improve this kernel by modifying it or use it to create your own.. Please feel free to do it.. If you give credit then thanks.. If not no problem.. share and share and share more!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF I FORGOT SOMEONE'S NAME IN CREDITS!! I'M REALLY SORRY IF I DID.. You can hit me and i will add you right away!! :p

Note: If anyone wants some features added to these.. Then please PM me.. I will try my best to add them.. Or if you want a kernel with specific features for your use.. I am planning to provide that specially for you.. But if you want full features and all "WOW" stuff.. Please try iDUOS by Manoranjan2050 and Hells Fusion by hell_lock

@Nithu
Thanks for ur kernel:)
I appreciate u for this n also wish u for future:)
Waiting for update:);)
Hit thanks button if i helped:)

Sent from my GT-S6102 using xda premium

Reactions: sgyd12 and Deadly

hell_lock

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2012
New Delhi
So u in the race or not?? If anyone of us discovers a way then he will tell other too alright? Thats the rule of the race... or shall we form a team?

Deadly

Jul 19, 2012
Bangalore
OnePlus 5
So u in the race or not?? If anyone of us discovers a way then he will tell other too alright? Thats the rule of the race... or shall we form a team?

Not in the race.. my policy is share share and share more... team or informing both are good..

Sent from my GT-S6102

manoranjan2050

Dec 26, 2011
JAGATSINGHPUR
manoranjan2050.org
Not in the race.. my policy is share share and share more... team or informing both are good..

Sent from my GT-S6102

Yes i 100% agry wth u...... Now need to make team..... What is our team name...? After long time in fedora project now i'm happy for new android team.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Sorry i wont be continuing this as i dont have the phone anymore or the source files. Thread will be locked as there is no point to keep it open unless if anyone wants to continue this. Contact me via PM if you have any questions please

Hi, my friends...

First, a BIG thanks to

I made this kernel from source code provided by Samsung "Opensource.samsung.com" For Galaxy Y Duos Device.. source file "GT-S6102_GB_Opensource.zip" .Please read this whole post before you install this kernel in your device..
    Source code link is in my signature.

5. good performance

Current features of 1.2.6:
    1. CPU FREQ:
    2. NETFILTER (Firewall support)
    3. Swap support
    4. CPU Governors: To know about governors click here
      • SmartassV2 --> Balanced(name changed to identify easily)
      • LAZY --> BattSaver(changed name)
      • Wheatley --> Turbodroid
      • Interactive
      • Performance
      • bcm21553(Tweaked)
      • ondemand
      • conservative(Tweaked)(default)
    5. I/O Schedulers: To know about I/O click here
      • Deadline
      • Noop
      • V(R)
      • SIO(Default)
    6. INIT.D support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
      More info on init.d click here go below in that post.
    7. Busybox support (provided by Manoranjan2050 )
    8. Custom Boot logo (Improved quality)
    9. Ext4 Support. (Ext3 and 2 are supported too)
    10. NTFS support
    11. BACEM TWEAK included.
    12. Battery life improved..
    13. Performance tweaked..
    14. A2SD Supported

Download files required from next(2nd) post of this thread.. or click here

INSTALLATION PROCEDURE:
    1. Copy these files inside SDCard.. CompactV1.2.5.zip (kernel), CWM-6102.zip (ClockWorkMod Recovery tool)
      Note: Don't keep these files inside any "FOLDERS".. Just copy it to SDCard root (parent) folder..
    2. Switch off your mobile.
      After a small vibration (switch off confirmation) PRESS and HOLD 3 BUTTONS (VOLUME UP+HOME BUTTON+POWER BUTTON)
      when samsung galaxy logo appears, release the 3 pressed keys..
    3. After few seconds.. You will see Android system recovery (red text with 4 options lines)..
      Select "apply update from sdcard"
      Note: (Volume up+down for "scrolling" through options or selection of files, home button for "select" any option.. in CWM only: power button for "back" option)
      Then Select "CWM-6102.zip".
    4. ClockworkMod Recovery v5.0.2.6 is loaded now.
      Select "install zip from sdcard"
      Select "choose zip from sdcard"
      Scroll and Select "CompactV1.2.5.zip" and select "Yes"
      Wait till the menu appears again..
    5. Select "Reboot system now" and you have successfully installed Compact kernel.

If you don't understand any step or if you need info related to kernel, please ask in this thread. Anyone will help.. Just Don't forget to hit thanks button to them later :p

USE IT AT YOUR OWN RISK.. IT WORKS FINE AS CONFIRMED FROM ALL TESTERS BUT .....!

CREDITS:

Irfanbagus for bug fix of source code and BACEM TWEAK..
    Kurotsugi for providing guidance and source of his kernel.
    Manoranjan2050 for ALL the help with bug fixes, guidance and source code fix!!
    Maroc-OS for providing tips and help and info for development and ramdisk..
    and Savie for providing tips and info.

Testers:
    dr.manoj_n
    Kundal
    Me
    lavadepa
    Lion1001

sgyd12
    viniciusmarques
    you for supporting me

DONATIONS:
    Xtreme666

Special thanks for supporting my work!

If you got problems or if you wish to have stock kernel back.. DOWNLOAD Latest Stock Kernel(My own DDLG1 update) Its a CWM flashable zip.. So to install go to CWM and install
    If you want to revert back to your old kernel. just rename Oldboot.img file to boot.img and replace it to Compact.zip file and follow installation procedure to install it.. Thanks for reading this!
    Downloads & Change log :

Recommended latest version...

Please everyone.. Try to provide review/report from your side after installing the kernel.. It helps me to understand how many people are having issues/not if there are any.. Because if only persons with "Issues" report.. its hard for them and me to know whether others are having this problem or not.. (Do the same with all rom and kernel threads please) (devs spend a lot of time on creating stuff for them and others to use.. so please do spend 2 mins in writing review when you have free time.. Downloads numbers are below.. that many.. but only around 10-20 users posted..and thanks a lot to them for supporting...)

CWM recovery tool (Download) provided by Millan.SIS

Kernel: New version: (Not tested) Compact V 1.3 **NEW** (Download link)

Current/latest version: Compact V 1.2.6 (Download)

Known bugs: Seems brightness bug is there with 156.. If you got this bug after flashing this kernel.. Dont use 156 freq for now. i will release new version soon.. Do the above only after installation and checking the problem.

(Host: Mediafire site)

Older versions:

Compact V1.2.5 [DOWNLOAD]
    w4ykd.jpg

Compact V1.2.2 kernel.. Bugs fixed.. (Download)
    ZvQRb.jpg

Compact V1.2 Kernel (Download)
    mm3ph.jpg

Compact V1.0 Kernel (Download)

ybZFW.jpg

Pics updated on :

alFy5.jpg

UPCOMING FEATURES PLANNED:
    • None at the moment.
    • Suggestions for imrovements? or if you want a kernel with specific features for your use.. I am planning to provide that specially for you.. PM me.

Change Log: "+" means added feature to its previous version.
    • V 1.0
      First release
      = firewall support
      = i/o: noop, deadline
      = a2sd supported
      = init.d support
      = busybox support
      = governors: powersave, bcm21533, performance
    • V 1.2
      + Swap support
      + New Boot logo
      + 624 Mhz freq added
      + Governors added: ondemand & conservative
      + NTFS support
      + ext4 support
      + cpu states (CPU SPY not showing) bug fix
      bug.. after reboot.. some features were not showing like governors and i/o and swap..
      + minor bug fixes to source
    • V 1.2.2
      + all bugs in V 1.2 fixed
    • V 1.2.5
      + Governors added:
      + SmartassV2 --> Balanced(name changed to identify easily)
      + LAZY --> BattSaver(changed name)
      + Wheatley --> Turbodroid
      + Interactive
      + conservative(Tweaked)(default)
      + bcm21553(Tweaked)

+ CPU FREQ added: 156 468 to existing 3 freq of V 1.2.2
      + I/O Schedulers added: V(R) & SIO(Default)
      + BACEM TWEAK included.
      + minor tweaks..
    • V 1.2.6
      + Improved boot logo
      + brightness bug(screen off/on brightness jumps to max sometimes in V 1.2.5) fix attempt.

• V 1.2.5 (Pre/Test version)
      check its features in the post itself.
      post link = Click here
    Screen Shots:

Apps to use the features mentioned..
    You can try avast for firewall feature, No-frills CPU Control for setting the above features like Freq, governors, I/O schedulers.. CPU SPY for checking CPU frequency states usage.. Quick System Info PRO for checking whether they are working and what all are included features. All 4 apps for free and available at google's play store.. Or You can try any other apps of your choice like Set CPU, CPU Tuner etc..! Enjoy!

W6eL4.png
    MOLkU.png

xJbua.png
    eTtbp.png

Boot splash image
    Code:
          OLD                     NEW
    logolinuxclut224.jpg
    NBElQ.png

ca3e4ffd-27cb-9f89.jpg

I/O SCHEDULERS:

jD1GU.png

CPU GOVERNORS:

4w6n2.png
    fKpNh.png

je4Cn.png
    eZ0pw.png
    Kuro's kernel for DUOS

Also friends, kurotsugi has made a kernel for duos too.. So if you guys are fan of kuro's work.. or intersted to try the kernel.. Here i wanted to present kuro's kernel for duos.. [Download]

He is not going to continue work on it.. as he feels its not right or easy to develop kernel without device as testers may brick their device.. So i asked him and added his kernel here..

So, main question.. what it has?

Features: 4 frequencies...
    7 governors...
    5 i/o schedulers...

i think these are there.. but not sure.. please check and report..
    swap... firewall support.. ext4..

and thats all for now.. enjoy everyone.. and please thank Kuro (kurotsugi) for his nice kernel contribution here..

Please note: dont ask any features or any requests on that kernel to him or me.. its a good kernel with good battery performance.. i have tested myself for a week..

Thanks kurotsugi for your great work and guidance to many users..

hit thanks button! If above post helps you..
    Sent from my GT-S6102
    So after long time.. here is an update..

CompactV 1.3 version has :
    cwm inbuilt..
    Very Less brightness bug..
    Few improvement..
    Ext4 support.. (not tested)
    Download link:
    http://d-h.st/4Cu

Please test and report here..

Also, anyone who wants to make backups.. for now use temp cwm.. when you go to recovery.. you will see cwm.. go into sdcard and flash temp cwm.. as the backup is REALLY slow in this version..

I'll fix it in next version..

Report ASAP

Thanks..