Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
LuPuS-STOCK-GB
abzNncsi.png

Based Off SONY 4.0.2.A.0.84 Sources

Disclaimer

Code:
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]#include[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]<std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Blue"]/*
* Your warranty is now void.. LOL I guess you knew it already.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, you getting dumped or you getting fired because your phone 
* bootloops and alarm does not go off. Please do some research if you have any  
* concerns about features included in my kernel before using it! YOU and only 
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
*/

[COLOR="Magenta"]#ifdef[/COLOR]
You have a [COLOR="DarkGreen"]question[/COLOR] post it in the [COLOR="DarkRed"]thread[/COLOR],
Instead of [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Pm'ing me[/COLOR], as other users may
experience you [COLOR="DarkRed"]problems[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Magenta"]#endif[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Included in Kernel-

-24 governors (ondemand default)
-6 io-schedulers (sio default)
-O/C up to 2ghz although not recommended
-fudgeswap
-slqb memory allocator
- Increased zram disk size
- Increased zram to 30%
- Changed LZO --- Benchmarks show compression and decompression times performance increased by double :)
- Linaro optimizations from my ics-beta

Lulzactive - Thanks to Tegrak
Based on Interactive and Smartass. When workload is greater than or equal to 60%, the governor scales up
CPU to next higher step. When workload is less than 60%, governor scales down CPU to next lower step.
When screen is off, frequency is locked to global scaling minimum frequency

Virtuous (recommended) change with nothrills cpu or similar app
Virtuous is a modded smartassV2 which gives even more battery time then smartassV2:)

Intellidemand - Thanks to faux123
This is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling,
and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such.
Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Lazy - Thanks to Ezekeel
The Idea here is to eliminate any instabilities caused by fast frequency switching by ondemand.
Lazy governor polls more often than ondemand, but changes frequency only after completing min_time_state
on a step overriding sampling interval.
Lazy also has a screenoff_maxfreq parameter which when enabled will cause the governor to always
select the maximum frequency while the screen is off.

-Ondemandx
Basically an ondemand with suspend/wake profiles. This governor is supposed to be a battery friendly ondemand. When screen is off, max frequency is capped at 500 mhz. Even though ondemand is the default governor in many kernel and is considered safe/stable, the support for ondemand/ondemandX depends on CPU capability to do fast frequency switching which are very low latency frequency transitions. I have read somewhere that the performance of ondemand/ondemandx were significantly varying for different i/o schedulers. This is not true for most of the other governors. I personally feel ondemand/ondemandx goes best with SIO I/O scheduler.

-Lionheart:
Is a conservative-based governor. The tunables (such as the thresholds and sampling rate) were changed so the governor behaves more like the performance one, at the cost of battery as the scaling is very aggressive.

To 'experience' Lionheart using conservative, try these tweaks:
sampling_rate:10000 or 20000 or 50000, whichever you feel is safer. (transition latency of the CPU is something below 10ms/10,000uS hence using 10,000 might not be safe).
up_threshold:60
down_threshold:30
freq_step:5
Lionheart goes well with deadline i/o scheduler. When it comes to smoothness (not considering battery drain), a tuned conservative delivers more as compared to a tuned ondemand.

BadAss Governor ?:
Badass removes all of this "fast peaking" to the max frequency. Badass will also take the gpu load into consideration. If the gpu is moderately busy it will bypass the above check and clock the cpu with 1024Mhz. If the gpu is crushed under load, badass will lift the restrictions to the cpu.

Overclocked to 2ghz--- don't think its to stable though---
Please give feedback wether its stable for you or not if you overclock

FudgeSwap
-Helps improve multi-tasking in low memory situations forcing apps to swap.(already in DooM's sources)

SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)-
This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate).

Recoveries
TWRP = Volume UP
CWMVolume DOWN

LuPuS MENU

To Run LuPuS Menu use either ScriptManager get it HERE on google playstore

Or

Use Terminal Emulator get it HERE on google playstore.

Code:
su
lupus

* information is in lupus menu

0/ UKSM

1/ CIFS Menu *
  • Enable
    Disable

2/ zRam Menu *
  • Enable
    Disable
    Set zRam size ( default is 60)

3/ Frandom Menu *
  • Enable
    Disable

4/ Clean and Remove tweaks
  • Remove init.d's

5/ Tweak Menu
Note all tweaks are preset from here and option to set as init.d's
  • Clean all temp files
    SQLITE optimizations
    LMK Optimizations
    Network optimizations
    Defend against ARP spoofing
    Remove android logger
    SDcard speed tweak
    Flag blocks as non-rotational

6/ Performance Menu
Note all options are se by user input from here and option to set as init.d's
  • Set CPU frequencies
    Set Governor
    Set IO-Scheduler
    Voltage Control
    VM tweaks (explained below)

VM Tweaks

dirty ratio and dirty background ratio 1 & 2
This controls how often the kernel writes data to "disk" (in our case the internal microSD system card, not the removable microSD card). When your apps write data to disk, Linux actually doesn't write the data out to the disk right away, it actually writes the stuff to system memory and the kernel handles when and how the data is actually going to be flushed to the disk. These values represent a percentage, the higher the percentage, the longer it waits to flush, the lower the percentage, the more often flushes will occur. Now remember, we are dealing with solid state storage, not the traditional disk platter and spindle. So we are actually able to delay flushes a little longer with solid state versus a traditional hard drive disk.

dirty_expire_centisecs
How old "dirty" data should be before the kernel considers it old enough to be written to disk. It is expressed in 100ths of a second.

dirty_writeback_centisecs

This is the interval of when the writeback daemons periodically wake up and write "old" data out to disk. It is expressed in 100ths of a second.

min free kbytes
This is used to force the Linux VM to keep a minimum number of kilobytes free. The VM uses this number to compute a pages_min value for each lowmem zone in the system. Each lowmem zone gets a number of reserved free pages based proportionally on its size. Default is 2048kb.

overcommit_memory
This controls overcommit of system memory, possibly allowing processes to allocate (but not use) more memory than is actually available.

0 - Heuristic overcommit handling. Obvious overcommits of address space are refused. Used for a typical system. It ensures a seriously wild allocation fails while allowing overcommit to reduce swap usage. root is allowed to allocate slighly more memory in this mode. This is the default.
1 - Always overcommit. Appropriate for some scientific applications.
2 - Don't overcommit. The total address space commit for the system is not permitted to exceed swap plus a configurable percentage (default is 50) of physical RAM. Depending on the percentage you use, in most situations this means a process will not be killed while attempting to use already-allocated memory but will receive errors on memory allocation as appropriate.

Swappiness
A property for the Linux kernel that changes the balance between swapping out runtime memory, as opposed to dropping pages from the system page cache. Swappiness can be set to values between 0 and 100 inclusive. A low value means the kernel will try to avoid swapping as much as possible where a higher value instead will make the kernel aggressively try to use swap space.

VFS Cache Pressure
File system cache (dentry/inode) is really more important than the block cache above in dirty ratio and dirty background ratio, so we really want the kernel to use up much more of the RAM for file system cache, this will increas the performance of the system without sacrificing performance at the application level. The default value is 100, as a percentage, and what you want to do is lower the value to tell the kernel to favor the file system cache and not drop them aggressively.

8/ Enable / Disable Quick Key Reset
- Reboot device quickly by Holding HOME and POWER Key (Disabled by default)

• - Enable
    - Disable

I would like to say a big thanks to -
paxChristos
KeiranFTW
DooMLoRD
Solomon4400 - For helping me test:)
tempest918 - For the Logo
xeozus
nobodyAtall
Faux123
Erasmus
Leedroid
Jerpelea
Phil3759
CTCaer
Anyone missing please PM me

downloads/changes in post 2

Kernel sources -b master
https://github.com/garwedgess/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9

CWM source -- https://github.com/garwedgess/android_bootable_recovery -b lupus-cwm

Last edited:

wedgess

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Changelog
Code:
[hide]
[B][U]v2[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]- Fixed Problems Mounting SD-Card
- Changed Recovery Images
- Added 2 New Governors
- Superbad- a "superbad" super smooth rendition of a highly optimized "smartass" governor! --- fast and smooth
- Darkside - a "slightly more agressive smart" optimized governor! --- fast and smooth
[/LIST]

[B][U]v3[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]- Changes to make it smoother
- Try make better battery life
- New CPU Freq Table (first time I can overclock to 1.8ghz on my PLAY)
[/LIST]

[B][U]v4[/U][/B]

*** Forgotten version - never released ***

[B][U]v5[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]~ Added in .400ghz on freq table (handy while listening to music-pointed out to me)
~ Added governor -[COLOR=Green][B] Intellidemand2[/B][/COLOR]
~ Kgsl - use highest performance level on wake-up from sleep
~ Lowered cpu freq on boot time, to avoid any issues on booting with the new freq table
~ KSM added
[/LIST]

[B][U]v6[/U][/B]
[LIST]
[*]- Re worked from source(still DooMs)
- 720p version & 480p version (372mb RAM)
- Fixed battery drain new kernel last much longer :)
- Wifi modules built in - thanks     @[URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1844875"]CosmicDan[/URL] for script
- Memcopy
- Memory allocator
- Updated/ patched & fixed LZO
- Compaction
- Lowered vfs_cache_pressure
- Disabled gentle_fair_sleepers
- LMK optimizations (LowMemoryKiller)
- Linaro optimzations
- Improved CIFS support
- NTFS
- KSM
- Updated SIO Io-Scheduler
- Revert to 1.6 OC (for now)
- Google Snappy compression / decompression
[/LIST]

[B]v7[/B]
- Built with Linaro 4.7.3
- Added Io-Scheduler ZEN
- Added SmartassH3 Governor
- Stop Entropy from depleting
- Frandom
- Optimize Deadline IO- Scheduler
- Backport Binder from CAF 3.4.0
- Backport timed_gpio from CAF
- Update LMK
- Remove Fudgeswap
- Added Zcache
- CFS tweaks for responsivness
- Update Compaction
-  Makefile optimzations 
- ARM optimizations
- Optimzed Tiny RCU
- Added optimized crc32 lib from faux123
- Logger Backported from CAF
- Entropy tweaks
- Free'd RAM from logger
- fsync
- Custom partition layout ( larger data partition)
- Updated Smartassv2
- Quick keyboard reset (hold HOME + POWER)
- Snapdragon optiizations
- Improved boot time
- Improved wifi to load at first boot
- Removed Autoroot feature
- Updated and re-worked ramdisk
- Fix to check if device is CDMA if it is kernel will fix wifi
- TWRP Recovery = Volume UP
- Updated CWM = Volume DOWN
- LuPuS Menu Included
- No more modules needed to be flashed
- Reduced Kernel size

[B]v8[/B]
- Fixed reboot to recovery
---- Custom CWM
- Clean-up of menu
- Added own wipe options menu -- with extra options
- Aroma File Manager from CWM --- Must have aroma ([COLOR=Red]aromafm.zip) placed on root of sdcard[/COLOR]) 
- Multi zip installer
- Reboot options - Power off re-added under this menu
- Pointless but people keep asking me for it so re-added wipe battery stats also.
- LuPuS themed...

[B]v9[/B]
- Added ROW IO-Scheduler
- Tweaked Governors
[list]smartassV2
smartassH3
virtuous
lionheart
conservative
brazillianwax
lulzactive
superbad
darkside[/list]
- Improved wifi loading
- Disabled Key Reset (can be enbled in LuPuS Menu)
- mm: do uninterruptible sleep
- Reverted Entropy Patch [b](To see if lag in gaming is gone, if not let me know so I can re-add this patch)[/b]
- Other minor changes
---- CWM updated to 6.0.3.2
- Disable recovery flash will now remove nAa recovery so to be sure device does not boot into wrong CWM. 
- Fixed Advanced restore
- Fixed busybox symlinks generation (aka) fixed CWM backup not working
- Fixed install from sideload being mixed up with toggle signature
- Remove confirmation from install from sideload as it can be cancelled at anytime.
- Clean-up of UI
- Some other changes which will be in CWM v6.0.3.3 
---- Complete Ramdisk Clean up & Improvment
- Cam fix for CDMA, if r800x is in build.prop kernel will install camera.lib
- Reworked booting
- Supports m2sd and other ap2sd scripts 
- Fixed Reboot To Recovery (It reboots to last one used IF you don't have scripts that wipe /cache on boot)
- Reworked Kernel logs, they are located in /data/local/tmp/
- Improved init.d
- lupus menu clean up and improvement
- Boot.d - If phone is taking a long time to start move suspicious init.d scripts to /system/etc/boot.d
They will be run in background and won't affect boot time.

[B][U]v10[/U][/B]
- Rebased on SONY 4.0.2.A.0.84 kernel source
- Tweaked SIO
- Tuned ROW
- Fixed all Governors to work 100% on GB
- Tweaked CPU on GB
- Removed all debigging
- Use zRam from SONY .13 ICS source
- Fixed Google Snappy zRam so device actually uses it
- More Battery friendly
- Removed SFB Net Scheduler
- Updated Tiny RCU to Bloatwatch Edition
- reverted touchpad update

[B]v11[/B]
- Fixed LAG in gaming
[/hide]

[B]v12[/B]
- Added UKSM ( can enable it in LuPuS Menu)
- Set default swapiness to 20
- Removed fsync 
- Removed Cleancache
- Removed zCache
- Removed ZEN IO-SCheduler
- Tweaked Entropy
- Stopped entropy from depleting
- Fix LEDs
- Updated CWM
 * brought back reboot system and Power off options to main menu
 * Fixed advanced restore menu
 * updated to latest CWM source 
- Minor Clean-up of lupus menu 
- Minor Ramdisk changes

If you like my work please consider buying me a beer or something else ;)
by clicking the DONATE ME button, of course it isn't needed but greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated.

Downloads

If you need root for STOCK ROM
Code:
[COLOR=Purple]Root[/COLOR] : ( Flashable via recovery )
* SuperSU : [URL="http://download.chainfire.eu/204/SuperSU/"][COLOR=Green][U]Download[/U][/COLOR][/URL]
* Superuser : [URL="http://androidsu.com/superuser/"][COLOR=Green][U]Download[/U][/COLOR][/URL]

If coming from version before v7, you need to wipe all partitions..

======================== 720p Recording ========================

LuPuS_zeus_GingerBreadv12-full.img
md5 = 16294503408d6a0bf3e1cf6b89c252fc

======================== 480p Recording ========================

LuPuS_zeus_GingerBreadv12.5-ram.img
md5 = 73c431d94849d65a87acd23982b75202

If your MD5's don't match then re-download before saying it doesnt work :)

*******No need to flash wifi modules they are only in attachments as a backup*******

Important

Coming from a kernel with STOCK partitions??
Via fastboot enter the commands:

Code:
fastboot erase userdata
fastboot erase system

You must wipe userdata and system if coming from a STOCK partirion kernel, Otherwise u will be stuck in a loop

What is CIFS???

• Server Message Block (SMB) or Common Internet File System (CIFS) are normally used to provide shared access to files on a network, mostly involving computers running MS Windows.

It allows you to conveniently mount/unmount your network accessible file resources and access the files transparently via your favourite Android app (playing music / videos, accessing documents etc.) Settings are stored on your SD card with permissions to write also to your SD card.

Now download CifsManager or similar app and configure it :)

Zram is not enabled by default- to enable it flash the wedgess-NEW-Zram-Enabler.zip below
If for whatever reason you want to disable it after you have flashed the .zip, just go to ect/init.d and delete 00zram :eek:

Last edited:

cj360

Oct 24, 2011
Cool, glad to see you got it working even if its not liking some of the governors.

Reactions: Naro365

thi3um

Aug 6, 2010
Good news,
thanks for your work man, tonight i'm gonna put some Wolf in my phone.
I hope it is as performant as your ics work.
Thanks

chery2k

Jun 13, 2012
Bay Area
Wedgess thanks for making a gb kernel but can you add CDMA support for those of us on R800x on your spare time? If you dont mind I will fill you in about my xperia play.

This is a thread from doomlord that has a working CDMA kernel which is based on version 2.3.3 gb. Doomlord was able to create a 2.3.4 kernel for us R800x users but camera functionality doesn't work at all. (I was hoping for the thread to be revived but it seems development has been put to a stop) So were stuck on doomlord gb 2.3.3. Currently I'm using kernel v1 from doomlord that has a working recovery and i am not using v2 posted in the thread below.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368636

Since you don't have the device (that im aware of) I don't mind testing it if you wish :highfive:

Last edited:

wedgess

Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Good news,
thanks for your work man, tonight i'm gonna put some Wolf in my phone.
I hope it is as performant as your ics work.
Thanks

lol thanks bro its just ae smooth if not.......

Wedgess thanks for making a gb kernel but can you add CDMA support for those of us on R800x on your spare time? If you dont mind I will fill you in about my xperia play.

This is a thread from doomlord that has a working CDMA kernel which is based on version 2.3.3 gb. Doomlord was able to create a 2.3.4 kernel for us R800x users but camera functionality doesn't work at all. (I was hoping for the thread to be revived but it seems development has been put to a stop) So were stuck on doomlord gb 2.3.3. Currently I'm using kernel v1 from doomlord that has a working recovery and i am not using v2 posted in the thread below.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1368636

Since you don't have the device (that im aware of) I don't mind testing it if you wish :highfive:

oh ok, ill do a cdma version tomorrow or sometime over the next few days. pm me ur gtalk u can test:)

Does the zram enable by default?? Or do we need to enable it??:)

No it should be enabled by default :)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

Last edited:

cyrusalmighty

May 30, 2009
Hartford
Im on way to class & can't test now but I will asap. I would love to see if u found a way 2 speed up the already fast GB.:)

Sent from my R800i using xda premium

sdojoin

Apr 20, 2012
No_Where
Does your kernel hav autoroot feature?? Just curious.:) I can't seem to go to my system directory using script manager. Is it just me or does anybody else hav the same issue?? It sure are feels a bit smooth than dooms'kernel.:)

wedgess

Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Does your kernel hav autoroot feature?? Just curious.:) I can't seem to go to my system directory using script manager. Is it just me or does anybody else hav the same issue?? It sure are feels a bit smooth than dooms'kernel.:)

ye it has autoroot.ive used script manager just there to check it had no problems going to the system directory opened straight away. ye I never used dooms that much but this seems really smooth, still havent switched back to ics yet :)

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app

sdojoin

Apr 20, 2012
No_Where
ye it has autoroot.ive used script manager just there to check it had no problems going to the system directory opened straight away. ye I never used dooms that much but this seems really smooth, still havent switched back to ics yet :)

Mybe i'm doing something wrong.:rolleyes: Nova 3 seems to act pretty weird to. I really wonder... Mybe i should giv it a day or 2 just to get it use to with me phone hardware.:) Thanks again.:thumbup:

Edit; Do u think i should wipe cache n dalvik cache on the 1st boot after switching?? Mybe i should just do it just to be sure.:p

Last edited:

wedgess

Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Originally Posted by wedgess

Mybe i'm doing something wrong.:rolleyes: Nova 3 seems to act pretty weird to. I really wonder... Mybe i should giv it a day or 2 just to get it use to with me phone hardware.:) Thanks again.:thumbup:

Edit; Do u think i should wipe cache n dalvik cache on the 1st boot after switching?? Mybe i should just do it just to be sure.:p

Strange alright i tried nova3 earlier and had no problems with it, it ran smooth for me, I say wipe it to see if it makes any difference for you, no hatm in trying. ;)

sdojoin

Apr 20, 2012
No_Where
Strange alright i tried nova3 earlier and had no problems with it, it ran smooth for me, I say wipe it to see if it makes any difference for you, no hatm in trying. ;)

Just did.:) Yupp it does makes a diff. Thanks man.;) Nova 3 respons a bit faster n the graphic seems a lot better too. Weird...:p

Mybe u should make a GB Linaro rom to match this kernel.:p

Last edited:
Reactions: wedgess

wedgess

Apr 23, 2012
Dublin, Ireland
www.pac-rom.com
Just did.:) Yupp it does makes a diff. Thanks man.;) Nova 3 respons a bit faster n the graphic seems a lot better too. Weird...:p

Mybe u should make a GB Linaro rom to match this kernel.:p

good stuff, glad to hear :) I know but my linux is running out of space due to the amount of kernel sources I have lol.ill have to push them all to github to make the 25gb+ space needed, which will take awhile :( Hoping some rom devs will release linaro built roms now, we’ll see though :p

NeWCuLTKiNG

Sep 3, 2009
Upstate New York
I'll give this a try with DiXperia 2 rom this rom is fastest I've seen so far with doomkernel v14. I used lupus v4 with few ics roms and ran beautifully. Missed the great gaming in gb so this is very welcome as doomlord has moved onto htc one x thanks so much can't wait to try your kernel

sheraro

Jan 15, 2012
Casablanca
I'm on dixperia 2 as well , will test it too. bye the way is this kernel support CIFS mounting ?

EDIT : working great, using Virtuous governor with SIO and it's really fast, coupling with dixperia2 its hell fast :)
I'm using a lot of launched apps (holo launcher, holo locker, whatsapp, viber, maps, setcpu for profiles, button sevior,
callrecorder, incredicontrol, exdialer, ivona, facebook, tasker, jellyB live wallpaper) have 87 Mo free RAM and its still fast and snappier than ever thanks to ZRAM and dixperia2 tweeks

CIFS isn't enabled and still have insmod problems like in doomkernel , @wedgess could you enable it in next update plz !

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LuPuS-STOCK-GB
    abzNncsi.png

Based Off SONY 4.0.2.A.0.84 Sources

Disclaimer

Code:
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]#include[/COLOR] [COLOR="Magenta"]<std_disclaimer.h>[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]/*
    * Your warranty is now void.. LOL I guess you knew it already.
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, you getting dumped or you getting fired because your phone 
    * bootloops and alarm does not go off. Please do some research if you have any  
    * concerns about features included in my kernel before using it! YOU and only 
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications.
    */

[COLOR="Magenta"]#ifdef[/COLOR]
    You have a [COLOR="DarkGreen"]question[/COLOR] post it in the [COLOR="DarkRed"]thread[/COLOR],
    Instead of [COLOR="DarkGreen"]Pm'ing me[/COLOR], as other users may
    experience you [COLOR="DarkRed"]problems[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Magenta"]#endif[/COLOR][/COLOR]

Included in Kernel-

-24 governors (ondemand default)
    -6 io-schedulers (sio default)
    -O/C up to 2ghz although not recommended
    -fudgeswap
    -slqb memory allocator
    - Increased zram disk size
    - Increased zram to 30%
    - Changed LZO --- Benchmarks show compression and decompression times performance increased by double :)
    - Linaro optimizations from my ics-beta

Lulzactive - Thanks to Tegrak
    Based on Interactive and Smartass. When workload is greater than or equal to 60%, the governor scales up
    CPU to next higher step. When workload is less than 60%, governor scales down CPU to next lower step.
    When screen is off, frequency is locked to global scaling minimum frequency

Virtuous (recommended) change with nothrills cpu or similar app
    Virtuous is a modded smartassV2 which gives even more battery time then smartassV2:)

Intellidemand - Thanks to faux123
    This is an intelligent ondemand that enters browsing mode to limit max frequency when GPU is idling,
    and (exits browsing mode) behaves like ondemand when GPU is busy; to deliver performance for gaming and such.
    Intellidemand does not jump to highest frequency when screen is off.

Lazy - Thanks to Ezekeel
    The Idea here is to eliminate any instabilities caused by fast frequency switching by ondemand.
    Lazy governor polls more often than ondemand, but changes frequency only after completing min_time_state
    on a step overriding sampling interval.
    Lazy also has a screenoff_maxfreq parameter which when enabled will cause the governor to always
    select the maximum frequency while the screen is off.

-Ondemandx
    Basically an ondemand with suspend/wake profiles. This governor is supposed to be a battery friendly ondemand. When screen is off, max frequency is capped at 500 mhz. Even though ondemand is the default governor in many kernel and is considered safe/stable, the support for ondemand/ondemandX depends on CPU capability to do fast frequency switching which are very low latency frequency transitions. I have read somewhere that the performance of ondemand/ondemandx were significantly varying for different i/o schedulers. This is not true for most of the other governors. I personally feel ondemand/ondemandx goes best with SIO I/O scheduler.

-Lionheart:
    Is a conservative-based governor. The tunables (such as the thresholds and sampling rate) were changed so the governor behaves more like the performance one, at the cost of battery as the scaling is very aggressive.

To 'experience' Lionheart using conservative, try these tweaks:
    sampling_rate:10000 or 20000 or 50000, whichever you feel is safer. (transition latency of the CPU is something below 10ms/10,000uS hence using 10,000 might not be safe).
    up_threshold:60
    down_threshold:30
    freq_step:5
    Lionheart goes well with deadline i/o scheduler. When it comes to smoothness (not considering battery drain), a tuned conservative delivers more as compared to a tuned ondemand.

BadAss Governor ?:
    Badass removes all of this "fast peaking" to the max frequency. Badass will also take the gpu load into consideration. If the gpu is moderately busy it will bypass the above check and clock the cpu with 1024Mhz. If the gpu is crushed under load, badass will lift the restrictions to the cpu.

Overclocked to 2ghz--- don't think its to stable though---
    Please give feedback wether its stable for you or not if you overclock

FudgeSwap
    -Helps improve multi-tasking in low memory situations forcing apps to swap.(already in DooM's sources)

SLQB - (SLAB allocator with Queue)-
    This memory allocator is designed for small number of CPUs system (such as desktop or smart phone devices). This allocator is design to be simple and it is optimized for using order-0 pages as much as possible (order-0 pages are the simplest therefore quickest type of memory in a Linux system to allocate).

Recoveries
    TWRP = Volume UP
    CWMVolume DOWN

LuPuS MENU

To Run LuPuS Menu use either ScriptManager get it HERE on google playstore

Or

Use Terminal Emulator get it HERE on google playstore.

Code:
    su
    lupus

* information is in lupus menu

0/ UKSM

1/ CIFS Menu *
    • Enable
      Disable

2/ zRam Menu *
    • Enable
      Disable
      Set zRam size ( default is 60)

3/ Frandom Menu *
    • Enable
      Disable

4/ Clean and Remove tweaks
    • Remove init.d's

5/ Tweak Menu
    Note all tweaks are preset from here and option to set as init.d's
    • Clean all temp files
      SQLITE optimizations
      LMK Optimizations
      Network optimizations
      Defend against ARP spoofing
      Remove android logger
      SDcard speed tweak
      Flag blocks as non-rotational

6/ Performance Menu
    Note all options are se by user input from here and option to set as init.d's
    • Set CPU frequencies
      Set Governor
      Set IO-Scheduler
      Voltage Control
      VM tweaks (explained below)

VM Tweaks

dirty ratio and dirty background ratio 1 & 2
    This controls how often the kernel writes data to "disk" (in our case the internal microSD system card, not the removable microSD card). When your apps write data to disk, Linux actually doesn't write the data out to the disk right away, it actually writes the stuff to system memory and the kernel handles when and how the data is actually going to be flushed to the disk. These values represent a percentage, the higher the percentage, the longer it waits to flush, the lower the percentage, the more often flushes will occur. Now remember, we are dealing with solid state storage, not the traditional disk platter and spindle. So we are actually able to delay flushes a little longer with solid state versus a traditional hard drive disk.

dirty_expire_centisecs
    How old "dirty" data should be before the kernel considers it old enough to be written to disk. It is expressed in 100ths of a second.

dirty_writeback_centisecs

This is the interval of when the writeback daemons periodically wake up and write "old" data out to disk. It is expressed in 100ths of a second.

min free kbytes
    This is used to force the Linux VM to keep a minimum number of kilobytes free. The VM uses this number to compute a pages_min value for each lowmem zone in the system. Each lowmem zone gets a number of reserved free pages based proportionally on its size. Default is 2048kb.

overcommit_memory
    This controls overcommit of system memory, possibly allowing processes to allocate (but not use) more memory than is actually available.

0 - Heuristic overcommit handling. Obvious overcommits of address space are refused. Used for a typical system. It ensures a seriously wild allocation fails while allowing overcommit to reduce swap usage. root is allowed to allocate slighly more memory in this mode. This is the default.
    1 - Always overcommit. Appropriate for some scientific applications.
    2 - Don't overcommit. The total address space commit for the system is not permitted to exceed swap plus a configurable percentage (default is 50) of physical RAM. Depending on the percentage you use, in most situations this means a process will not be killed while attempting to use already-allocated memory but will receive errors on memory allocation as appropriate.

Swappiness
    A property for the Linux kernel that changes the balance between swapping out runtime memory, as opposed to dropping pages from the system page cache. Swappiness can be set to values between 0 and 100 inclusive. A low value means the kernel will try to avoid swapping as much as possible where a higher value instead will make the kernel aggressively try to use swap space.

VFS Cache Pressure
    File system cache (dentry/inode) is really more important than the block cache above in dirty ratio and dirty background ratio, so we really want the kernel to use up much more of the RAM for file system cache, this will increas the performance of the system without sacrificing performance at the application level. The default value is 100, as a percentage, and what you want to do is lower the value to tell the kernel to favor the file system cache and not drop them aggressively.

8/ Enable / Disable Quick Key Reset
    - Reboot device quickly by Holding HOME and POWER Key (Disabled by default)

• - Enable
      - Disable

I would like to say a big thanks to -
    paxChristos
    KeiranFTW
    DooMLoRD
    Solomon4400 - For helping me test:)
    tempest918 - For the Logo
    xeozus
    nobodyAtall
    Faux123
    Erasmus
    Leedroid
    Jerpelea
    Phil3759
    CTCaer
    Anyone missing please PM me

downloads/changes in post 2

Kernel sources -b master
    https://github.com/garwedgess/Xperia-2011-Kernel-2.6.32.9

CWM source -- https://github.com/garwedgess/android_bootable_recovery -b lupus-cwm
    Changelog
    Code:
    [hide]
    [B][U]v2[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]- Fixed Problems Mounting SD-Card
    - Changed Recovery Images
    - Added 2 New Governors
    - Superbad- a "superbad" super smooth rendition of a highly optimized "smartass" governor! --- fast and smooth
    - Darkside - a "slightly more agressive smart" optimized governor! --- fast and smooth
    [/LIST]

[B][U]v3[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]- Changes to make it smoother
    - Try make better battery life
    - New CPU Freq Table (first time I can overclock to 1.8ghz on my PLAY)
    [/LIST]

[B][U]v4[/U][/B]

*** Forgotten version - never released ***

[B][U]v5[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]~ Added in .400ghz on freq table (handy while listening to music-pointed out to me)
    ~ Added governor -[COLOR=Green][B] Intellidemand2[/B][/COLOR]
    ~ Kgsl - use highest performance level on wake-up from sleep
    ~ Lowered cpu freq on boot time, to avoid any issues on booting with the new freq table
    ~ KSM added
    [/LIST]

[B][U]v6[/U][/B]
    [LIST]
    [*]- Re worked from source(still DooMs)
    - 720p version & 480p version (372mb RAM)
    - Fixed battery drain new kernel last much longer :)
    - Wifi modules built in - thanks     @[URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=1844875"]CosmicDan[/URL] for script
    - Memcopy
    - Memory allocator
    - Updated/ patched & fixed LZO
    - Compaction
    - Lowered vfs_cache_pressure
    - Disabled gentle_fair_sleepers
    - LMK optimizations (LowMemoryKiller)
    - Linaro optimzations
    - Improved CIFS support
    - NTFS
    - KSM
    - Updated SIO Io-Scheduler
    - Revert to 1.6 OC (for now)
    - Google Snappy compression / decompression
    [/LIST]

[B]v7[/B]
    - Added Io-Scheduler ZEN
    - Frandom
    - Update LMK
    - Remove Fudgeswap
    - Added Zcache
    - Update Compaction
    -  Makefile optimzations 
    - ARM optimizations
    - Optimzed Tiny RCU
    - Entropy tweaks
    - Free'd RAM from logger
    - fsync
    - Updated Smartassv2
    - Improved boot time
    - LuPuS Menu Included
    - Reduced Kernel size

[B]v8[/B]
    - Fixed reboot to recovery
    ---- Custom CWM
    - Clean-up of menu
    - Added own wipe options menu -- with extra options
    - Aroma File Manager from CWM --- Must have aroma ([COLOR=Red]aromafm.zip) placed on root of sdcard[/COLOR]) 
    - Multi zip installer
    - Reboot options - Power off re-added under this menu
    - Pointless but people keep asking me for it so re-added wipe battery stats also.
    - LuPuS themed...

[B]v9[/B]
    - Added ROW IO-Scheduler
    - Tweaked Governors
    [list]smartassV2
    smartassH3
    virtuous
    lionheart
    conservative
    brazillianwax
    lulzactive
    superbad
    darkside[/list]
    - Improved wifi loading
    - Disabled Key Reset (can be enbled in LuPuS Menu)
    - mm: do uninterruptible sleep
    - Reverted Entropy Patch [b](To see if lag in gaming is gone, if not let me know so I can re-add this patch)[/b]
    - Other minor changes
    ---- CWM updated to 6.0.3.2
    - Disable recovery flash will now remove nAa recovery so to be sure device does not boot into wrong CWM. 
    - Fixed Advanced restore
    - Fixed busybox symlinks generation (aka) fixed CWM backup not working
    - Fixed install from sideload being mixed up with toggle signature
    - Remove confirmation from install from sideload as it can be cancelled at anytime.
    - Clean-up of UI
    - Some other changes which will be in CWM v6.0.3.3 
    ---- Complete Ramdisk Clean up & Improvment
    - Cam fix for CDMA, if r800x is in build.prop kernel will install camera.lib
    - Reworked booting
    - Supports m2sd and other ap2sd scripts 
    - Fixed Reboot To Recovery (It reboots to last one used IF you don't have scripts that wipe /cache on boot)
    - Reworked Kernel logs, they are located in /data/local/tmp/
    - Improved init.d
    - lupus menu clean up and improvement
    - Boot.d - If phone is taking a long time to start move suspicious init.d scripts to /system/etc/boot.d
    They will be run in background and won't affect boot time.

[B][U]v10[/U][/B]
    - Rebased on SONY 4.0.2.A.0.84 kernel source
    - Tweaked SIO
    - Tuned ROW
    - Fixed all Governors to work 100% on GB
    - Tweaked CPU on GB
    - Removed all debigging
    - Use zRam from SONY .13 ICS source
    - Fixed Google Snappy zRam so device actually uses it
    - More Battery friendly
    - Removed SFB Net Scheduler
    - Updated Tiny RCU to Bloatwatch Edition
    - reverted touchpad update

[B]v11[/B]
    - Fixed LAG in gaming
    [/hide]

[B]v12[/B]
    - Removed fsync 
    - Removed Cleancache
    - Removed zCache
    - Tweaked Entropy
    - Fix LEDs
    - Updated CWM
    - Minor Ramdisk changes

If you like my work please consider buying me a beer or something else ;)
    by clicking the DONATE ME button, of course it isn't needed but greatly appreciated and keeps me motivated.

Downloads

If you need root for STOCK ROM
    Code:
    [COLOR=Purple]Root[/COLOR] : ( Flashable via recovery )
    * SuperSU : [URL="http://download.chainfire.eu/204/SuperSU/"][COLOR=Green][U]Download[/U][/COLOR][/URL]
    * Superuser : [URL="http://androidsu.com/superuser/"][COLOR=Green][U]Download[/U][/COLOR][/URL]

If coming from version before v7, you need to wipe all partitions..

======================== 720p Recording ========================

LuPuS_zeus_GingerBreadv12-full.img
    md5 = 16294503408d6a0bf3e1cf6b89c252fc

======================== 480p Recording ========================

LuPuS_zeus_GingerBreadv12.5-ram.img
    md5 = 73c431d94849d65a87acd23982b75202

If your MD5's don't match then re-download before saying it doesnt work :)

*******No need to flash wifi modules they are only in attachments as a backup*******

Important

Coming from a kernel with STOCK partitions??
    Via fastboot enter the commands:

Code:
    fastboot erase userdata
    fastboot erase system

You must wipe userdata and system if coming from a STOCK partirion kernel, Otherwise u will be stuck in a loop

What is CIFS???

• Server Message Block (SMB) or Common Internet File System (CIFS) are normally used to provide shared access to files on a network, mostly involving computers running MS Windows.

It allows you to conveniently mount/unmount your network accessible file resources and access the files transparently via your favourite Android app (playing music / videos, accessing documents etc.) Settings are stored on your SD card with permissions to write also to your SD card.

Now download CifsManager or similar app and configure it :)

Zram is not enabled by default- to enable it flash the wedgess-NEW-Zram-Enabler.zip below
    If for whatever reason you want to disable it after you have flashed the .zip, just go to ect/init.d and delete 00zram :eek:
    Released LuPuS v11

Code:
    [B]v11[/B]
    - Fixed LAG in gaming
    Released LuPuS v12

Code:
    [B]v12[/B]
    - Removed fsync 
    - Removed Cleancache
    - Removed zCache
    - Tweaked Entropy
    - Fix LEDs
    - Updated CWM
    - Minor Ramdisk changes
    Released LuPuS v7

Code:
    [B]v7[/B]
    - Added Io-Scheduler ZEN
    - Frandom
    - Update LMK
    - Remove Fudgeswap
    - Added Zcache
    - Update Compaction
    -  Makefile optimzations 
    - ARM optimizations
    - Optimzed Tiny RCU
    - Entropy tweaks
    - Free'd RAM from logger
    - fsync
    - Updated Smartassv2
    - Improved boot time
    - LuPuS Menu Included
    - Reduced Kernel size