[DISCONTINUED][ROM] CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds for the Samsung Vibrant

Search This thread

cancrippler

Aug 23, 2009
It's not a false positive. Your IMEI is 004999010640000 which is a generic IMEI deemed invalid by us in latest CM10 nightlies. If you restored from CM9 then it's also invalid on CM9. If you go back to CM9 and it doesn't pop up the warning, it's because the warning was not present in CM9, but you should go check your IMEI and see if it's still 004999010640000.

What makes that a bad IMEI? My phone works like a charm.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using xda app-developers app

FaultException

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 13, 2012
What makes that a bad IMEI? My phone works like a charm.

It's not your original IMEI. If you pull out your battery, you can see the correct IMEI on the sticker behind it. A corrupt efs could cause emergency calling problems (maybe inability to do emergency calls).

addison892

Sep 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
I got hit back in March with EU bug and managed to need JTAG before all was said and done. Now I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I understand how to do the "work around ” with my SD card and I am currently running CM9 skanky from 0805. I would love to get Nightly going, however, I am unable to complete boot after install. I get an error (red triangle) but it is not on long enough for me to see what the error is. When I return to CM9 all is well again. Of course I am wiping, cache and dev and all that between installs. I am afraid to Odin because it may disrupt the partitions I have created to allow for the EU fix. Is this why CM10 is not working? Because CM10 is trying to repartition? Forgive the nubee feel. I have been away since March and I can't believe how much has changed since Bionic V 1.3.1
By the way, it was Passion (ICS) that did me in on my EU bug. Just point me where I need to read about this. I have read many posts and can't seem to get an answer.
Thanks to anyone that wants to help.

Waldos

Feb 1, 2011
México
@everyone Please make sure to report if GPS dies stone dead (if the icon DOES NOT appear at all.)

Just FYI I´m on the the 20120820 and GPS is not stone dead before and after DS.
The only thing is that i cant lock any sat on the GPS.
I applied the FasterFix fix and the same result, any lock.
In all the scenearios I saw 3-8 sats.
To counteract this Im using the WIFI+3G GPS to get the AGPS.

Reactions: FaultException

Longsh0t

Feb 12, 2009
I tried to flash the latest nightly and now my phone will only boot into recovery. Any ideas?

New_Guy777

Dec 8, 2009
GPS

I did get a lock on 3 sats while driving down the road after 4 minutes after Deep Sleep. Definitely slow, but definitely not under any power other than GPS.

Order:
1 Sat within 10 seconds.
2 Sats within 30 seconds.
3-4 Sats within 1 minute.
5-11 Sats within 1 and a half minutes.
Then, it takes several more minutes at that stage before it gets a lock. I'm often very close to giving up before the final locks appear. Again, I do this with the GPS Status and Toolbox app, which I love because of the combination of features (Sat counts & locations, lat/long/elevation, compass, full calibrations of compass/accelerometer, etc)

If this sounded like a commercial for the GPS Status and Toolbox mixed in with my review of the GPS on this ROM...It sort of was. I'm no developer, but I always recommend this app to my Android friends. :D

Demetris

Recognized Developer
Aug 15, 2008
Limassol
I got hit back in March with EU bug and managed to need JTAG before all was said and done. Now I am trying to get back in the swing of things. I understand how to do the "work around ” with my SD card and I am currently running CM9 skanky from 0805. I would love to get Nightly going, however, I am unable to complete boot after install. I get an error (red triangle) but it is not on long enough for me to see what the error is. When I return to CM9 all is well again. Of course I am wiping, cache and dev and all that between installs. I am afraid to Odin because it may disrupt the partitions I have created to allow for the EU fix. Is this why CM10 is not working? Because CM10 is trying to repartition? Forgive the nubee feel. I have been away since March and I can't believe how much has changed since Bionic V 1.3.1
By the way, it was Passion (ICS) that did me in on my EU bug. Just point me where I need to read about this. I have read many posts and can't seem to get an answer.
Thanks to anyone that wants to help.

After the partition layout change users that were hit by EU bug no longer have the ability to install CM10 or Slim 2.1. If you want to use JB use older build or Slim Rom 2.01.
I investigate a solution and i will post a fix if found but i think the problem lies into new cwm and the way it regognise our sdcards in place for our emmc's.
Will update when i have more news.

addison892

Sep 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
Thank you for your response. Someday there will be a fix. Three times over the last two years with this Vibrant I have been told "there is no fix" and the devs always pull through.

cancrippler

Aug 23, 2009
Everyone is having IMEI problems, here is how you fix it.

1) Get ES file explorer or root explorer
2)Look in sdcard/backup/efs
3)Copy nv_data.bin, nv_data.bin.md5 and nv.log to /efs.
4) Reboot and enjoy!

Thanks! Worked. I'm hard headed sometimes.

addison892

Sep 20, 2010
Orlando, FL
Obviously I am not a Dev. Nor do I pretend to be one, even in my deepest flashing fantasies. However, would it be possible to rewrite the path in the vold.fstab folder during the flashing process so those of us that have been bitten by the EU bug can get this CM10 goodness as well?

pintek

May 10, 2011
Well after having a "interesting" night last night with a very morronic mistake I managed to get my phone back into happy working order I managed to flash cm10 an giving it a try (did side by side with vib cm9 with cappy cm10 by pawtip an holy crap there was a speed diff the cm10 loaded apps about a half second faster so i broke down an wanted to flash) I did find gps did take a smidge longer but it still got a lock on (hardwired to the gps antenna here) Also since i went straight from odin+cm7+cm10 i do not have a imei error an all appears to be working as it should.

Top Liked Posts